• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you feel about brawl right now?

Aether_Lord

Smash Apprentice
Hmm now that people mention about being balanced it got me thinking. Its ok to be balanced and all. But like some people were mentioning about it being TOO simple it got me worried it might be tot simple to master for those people that want a hard challange thats like me for example, and showing your hard work is better then just play it how its suppose to play like, and they are better then you when they dont take it seriously about practicing and stuff. BUT that an exeptions to people who are competetive . I just might have a syndrome that makes me say things that makes no sense sometimes >_>

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
i dont know whats wrong with most people here. "i dont want them to take away the competitive level of melee" seriously, wtf???

ssb64 wasnt competitive, it was just fun, and when u bought melee it wasnt because it was competitive, and thats not nintendo's goal for sure, they just want to make a great fun game, and it turns out to be competitive also, but it just makes me sick reading complains about competitive issues

btw, no, im no casual player, i AM pretty good, i do win tournaments, and i would love to battle most of u online to teach u a lesson, cause really, u complain about everything "it might be less competitive, u might not be able to turn off smash ball, bla bla bla" ****!!! if u are good, u can be good no matter what, u expect the game to adapt to u, well guess what? it wont!!! u enjoyed ssb64, u enjoyed melee, and u will enjoy brawl, so stop complaining

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
i dont know whats wrong with most people here. "i dont want them to take away the competitive level of melee" seriously, wtf???

ssb64 wasnt competitive, it was just fun, and when u bought melee it wasnt because it was competitive, and thats not nintendo's goal for sure, they just want to make a great fun game, and it turns out to be competitive also, but it just makes me sick reading complains about competitive issues

btw, no, im no casual player, i AM pretty good, i do win tournaments, and i would love to battle most of u online to teach u a lesson, cause really, u complain about everything "it might be less competitive, u might not be able to turn off smash ball, bla bla bla" ****!!! if u are good, u can be good no matter what, u expect the game to adapt to u, well guess what? it wont!!! u enjoyed ssb64, u enjoyed melee, and u will enjoy brawl, so stop complaining
QFT.

I think everyone just needs to get off the whole "IS IT GONNA BE TOO EASY?" bandwagon. Yes, the game will be easy for people to learn and some of the techniques may have been simplified, but I'm sure people will discover techniques for the experts to use like WaveDashing was discovered.

And if you ask me, the point of Super Smash Bros. is to have a bunch of people together and just have a fun time. **** the whole competitive nature of it. What's the point of playing if you can just cream everyone you know?

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
melee was a simple game too, it was the players that found out how deep the game really was, if brawl has relitively similar gameplay im sure all the hardcore fans will figure out metagame and make it competitive. I think smash is alot like rock papper scisors if u do one move then thier is another move that can beat u while ur trying to figure out what ur opponent is gonna do,

Everything has looked pretty good so far its all the same moves as melee,same controller, all we need to see is a characters movements and relations to other charaters.(its hard to tell from the videos, unless ur actually able play a sample of how the characters moves around the stage using the controller). With melee every move did an attack it was how u combined the moves was what made the game work, smash basic concept is knocking the other person off the stage and u do that using the various attacks u have. I dunno I have High hopes for this game now where i was a bit skepticle before. I think I could plrobly tell how deep the game is within a few minutes of playing it, he should put out a demo with an actual match of two charaters fighting even if its mario and link

interfear1

Smash Cadet
How do you guys feel about brawl so far? With Diddy Kong, Zero Suit Samus etc. I'm kinda happy so far with the updates and all. But with some of the new characters. I kinda feel it might mess up the game because there might be only one character that has like a attack thats fast and stuff. What do you guys think?
They better bring ALL characters from Melee back and included some character from Golden Sun because Psynergy is the way to go. BRING ISAAC AND FELIX!!

JPW

Smash Ace
I want it more than ever. It sucks how Aussies have to wait a few weeks or months after US.

But I love the updates even though some days they are pointless, it's a really nice touch though. And gives us enough insight on the game.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
All i need now is a Geno confirmation, and i think i will officially have everything i need from Brawl.

but in the event that Geno isn't confirmed, K Rool, Skull Kid, Dark Samus, or Ridley would be worthy substitures. :)

Top Bottom