• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you do the super wavedash with Samus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftermath

Smash Champion
WHY WON'T ALL OF YOU DIE?!?!

NO, OH MY GOD NO!!!! every single samus thread now has this question, and the answer is always the same. You people are slowly sucking all the intelligence out of smashboards and turning it into G-faqs, but even that doesn't ask this question so much, i'd rather listen to "roy is top tier because of his fire" than "how do you superwd'?

STOP ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER AND JUST DIE!! :******: :newbie: :grrr: YES I RESORTED TO SMILIES, YOU DESERVE IT

GanondorftheXXVI

Smash Journeyman
Re: WHY WON'T ALL OF YOU DIE?!?!

Originally posted by Cap'n Crunch
NO, OH MY GOD NO!!!! every single samus thread now has this question, and the answer is always the same. You people are slowly sucking all the intelligence out of smashboards and turning it into G-faqs, but even that doesn't ask this question so much, i'd rather listen to "roy is top tier because of his fire" than "how do you superwd'?

STOP ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER AND JUST DIE!! :******: :newbie: :grrr: YES I RESORTED TO SMILIES, YOU DESERVE IT
Stop asking questions? THEN STOP GIVING US AMBIGUOUS ANSWERS, WISE *** ****ERS, AND JUST ANSWER! AND STOP TREATING US QUESTION-ASKING PEOPLE LIKE NOOBS. JUST BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO A SIMPLE TRICK OR WHAT SOMETHING MEANS, OR A SMALL PIECE OF **** THAT NO ONE OUGHT TO GIVE A **** ABOUT, DOESN'T MEAN WE'RE NOOBS. IT JUST MEANS THAT OUR LIVES DON'T REVOLVE AROUND THIS GAME. NOW, ALL YOU PRETENTIOUS WISE-***** WHO THINK YOU KNOW SO MUCH, BE NICE AND ANSWER QUESTIONS, AND DON'T TRY TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK COOL BY SAYING THAT A CERTAIN THING THAT SOMEONE DOESN'T KNOW IS "COMMON KNOWLEDGE" OR "WELL KNOWN," BECAUSE GUESS WHAT, ITS NOT.

Ban me for this

P.S. I already read the other thread on this, but it wasn't clear enough.

Masamune

Smash Journeyman
Stand on the ground. Press down-b and then right-left/left-right fast, right before you hit the ground.

Hong

The Strongest
Yay I can do this at about 15% accuracy. - -
Practiced for only 5 minutes though, just needs more time. ^ ^

Gekigarion

Smash Cadet
Please allow me the liberty of instructing you on this trick.

First of all, I'd like to note that this trick is EXTREMELY difficult to do. I spend 45 minutes a day practicing it and 3 weeks later I still only have a 20% success rate.

Basically, it's like this.

You need to get into ball form to do the SWD. Remember that. Therefore you have to lay a bomb.

Have you laid a bomb? Good. Now immediately after you lay the bomb, press and hold one direction. It doesn't matter which direction or which direction Samus is facing, just hold left or right and don't let go.

Now you will start falling towards the ground. The very moment you hit the ground, hit the other direction with the control stick.

If you see yourself moving at unbelievable speed, you've succeeded in activating the SWD. You're not done yet, though. If you want the SWD to last long, you need to make sure you let go of the control stick (Let it go back to neutral position as if you were standing) or else Samus will cancel the SWD with her regular run or walk, which is obviously a lot slower.

Things to watch out for:
1) If you see Samus twitching but not doing the actual SWD, you've switched directions too soon.

2) If you train in slow motion and zoom in, you will notice that Samus actually wobbles while in ball form. If you want to get the timing down perfect, the time to switch directions is close to where she wobbles back up for the third time. Don't rely on this animation, though, because Samus is too small and the wobble is too fast when you're not zoomed in and playing slow motion.

3) When you let go of the control stick after the SWD is confirmed, don't just let it go, or else the momentum of it will briefly make the stick fly in the opposite direction ever-so-slightly. This will actually make you change directions in the middle of the SWD.

That, of course, is something I'm testing: it seems you can switch directions in the middle of the SWD if you have extreme precision and reaction. Super Dash Dancing, anyone?

Also, I already posted the instructions to this in another post in this forum. I don't know whether the one I posted here is as clear or clearer as my other one, so I'll provide the link.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=37536&perpage=15&pagenumber=2
Scroll down a little and look for my post. It's pretty big, so it shouldn't be hard to notice.

co_and_me

Smash Lord
as Gekigarion said you hold one direction and then hit the other way. IT was originally proposed to hit one direction then the opposite direction in frame 40 and 41 respectivly. I usually do the first method but i have been succesful with a combo of these methods. Bomb hold R then before hitting ground hit L and as u hit ground back to R. If SWD is ever going to get predictable this method will work well. (lol SWD predictable) but anway the R L R can be L R L but it would get really confusing to be this way then the other than the orig. so yeah RLR is easier. But yeah the advantage is that when u bomb u most likey will move towards them then to zoom by them its "like woah".

The Alchemist

Smash Cadet
Re: Re: WHY WON'T ALL OF YOU DIE?!?!

Originally posted by GanondorftheXXVI
Stop asking questions? THEN STOP GIVING US AMBIGUOUS ANSWERS, WISE *** ****ERS, AND JUST ANSWER! AND STOP TREATING US QUESTION-ASKING PEOPLE LIKE NOOBS. JUST BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO A SIMPLE TRICK OR WHAT SOMETHING MEANS, OR A SMALL PIECE OF **** THAT NO ONE OUGHT TO GIVE A **** ABOUT, DOESN'T MEAN WE'RE NOOBS. IT JUST MEANS THAT OUR LIVES DON'T REVOLVE AROUND THIS GAME. NOW, ALL YOU PRETENTIOUS WISE-***** WHO THINK YOU KNOW SO MUCH, BE NICE AND ANSWER QUESTIONS, AND DON'T TRY TO MAKE YOURSELF LOOK COOL BY SAYING THAT A CERTAIN THING THAT SOMEONE DOESN'T KNOW IS "COMMON KNOWLEDGE" OR "WELL KNOWN," BECAUSE GUESS WHAT, ITS NOT.

Ban me for this

P.S. I already read the other thread on this, but it wasn't clear enough.
lol that was a little uncalled for...its just that the same posts are always floating around. Its like ppl don't even look before they post...it gets irritating.

Para

Smash Cadet
Dont press the opposite direction as soon as you hit the ground, wait about a quarter of a second. Frame 41 is the one you want, samus lands on the ground around frame 35? I'll have to do more testing. Ever since i've looked at it frame by frame, I can SWD 1/3 of the time in normal speed.

AlexanderTriad

Smash Ace
It's not a big deal if...

It's not a big deal if someone asks a "noob" question. These forms have so many threads it's difficult and annoying to look through every single one. However it is easy and quick to answer this thread with one reply, rather than 15. On a futher note the word noob is stupid and is slapped around way too much. I LOVE being callled a noob then completly wrecking that person in what i have been called a noob in.

-AxlT

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Re: It's not a big deal if...

Originally posted by AlexanderTriad
It's not a big deal if someone asks a "noob" question. These forms have so many threads it's difficult and annoying to look through every single one. However it is easy and quick to answer this thread with one reply, rather than 15. On a futher note the word noob is stupid and is slapped around way too much. I LOVE being callled a noob then completly wrecking that person in what i have been called a noob in.

-AxlT
money match?

darkussamus

Smash Rookie
wow samus moves are easy

[COLOR="Red"first off i had the game when i came out never new about these trick brought another copy in 2009 and now i learned all samus trick within a couple day its faily easy just watch video and play at the same time i learned every thing including superwave dash withing 2 days:chuckle:[/COLOR]........................................

Corigames

Smash Hero
/extreme_facepalm

The irony in telling someone to pay attention to their surroundings whilst bumping a several year old thread that contains no information, adds nothing new to the already short conversation, and is devoid of anything really funny is just overwhelming.

Why am I not a moderator?

grayfox

Smash Champion
Such a great name too, and it's his only post! Either hes a genius or a dupe account.

And maybe you're not a mod because you are just stating what everyone else is, yet doing it in a rude and disrespectful way :confused:

Corigames

Smash Hero
And maybe you're not a mod because you are just stating what everyone else is, yet doing it in a rude and disrespectful way :confused:
If that's rude and disrespectful, then I would love to see what is just plain explanatory. :urg:
I stated facts.
"contains no information"
This thread doesn't teach you anything about SWDing or link to any information that does that isn't already well outlined and documented elsewhere.
"adds nothing new"
There isn't any new light shed on SWDing theoretical or otherwise here.
"already short conversation"
It was, essentially, one page of people yelling at a guy.
"devoid of anything really funny"
People flaming people usually isn't lol-worthy, not unless pictures are involved.

Stating those simple facts is rude? Pointing out the obvious is disrespectful? And 'everyone else' being Mars above me? I'm talking about the jerk who bumped this waste of binary code called a thread, not the originator of it. You are being more of an insensitive person by equating the thread writer with the necroposter.

1) It was a rhetorical question. I know why I'm not a moderator. I'm a not a biases, arrogant, megalomaniac who feeds off the knowledge that my name is red and I can hand out infractions and bans at my very whim. If I were so self obsessed, I may be one of these hypocritical privileged trolls, but actually use that ability to do good for at least this board.

2) I'm defensive. Don't say I'm mean when I am so clearly not, because that only makes me angry and then I do post rude things. I'm easily provoked like that.

Edit:
No seriously, someone just /thread this.

grayfox

Smash Champion
I wasn't talking about the content of your post but the tone in which you confronted the guy who bumped it, not that I care enough to form a rebutal lol. I'm only really posting a reply because you assume I was talking about OP, I wasn't. I actually have a post in this thread from 5 years ago or whatever, why I seen it in the first place getting bumped on my user cp.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I'm actually getting pretty fed up with these necro bumps. I'm not sure if people think they are hilarious or if they are just that dumb to post in threads for years ago, but it never helps anything. I don't want to look at a thread that died 2 years, let alone more, ago especially when there isn't anything to really add to the discussion already made.

Just taking up space.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
im sorry about the bump.
I saw this thread in the front page, so my first reaction to the title was "what the hell"
I didnt see the time the post have been made.
I hope you accept my apology and don't take me as a enemy to the samus boards.
=(

/extreme_facepalm

The irony in telling someone to pay attention to their surroundings whilst bumping a several year old thread that contains no information, adds nothing new to the already short conversation, and is devoid of anything really funny is just overwhelming.

Why am I not a moderator?
what's a bump again?

Moderators = Internet Bullies who have failed as social human beings.
ehh I wouldn't mind corey as a mod, it's just that... I don't really think there's that much to mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom