• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you do the lucky short hop fast fall?

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
I've been watching lucky's videos and he does this short hop fast fall thats really quick. How do you do it lucky? Other people can answer as well.

TheWuaz

Smash Rookie
I dont know how others do it but what i do is (I use a gamecube controller)
1. short hop with the x button
2. c-stick immediately for arial of my choice
3. Hit down once I'm at the peak of my jump/attack
If you're talking about the one where he just jumps (no attack) ,its pretty much the same thing, just omit step two

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
I dont know how others do it but what i do is (I use a gamecube controller)
1. short hop with the x button
2. c-stick immediately for arial of my choice
3. Hit down once I'm at the peak of my jump/attack
If you're talking about the one where he just jumps (no attack) ,its pretty much the same thing, just omit step two
i do that but i still float down to the ground, with his way he falls fast down to the ground. Even when i fast fall i still float down. There has to be another ingredient.

TheWuaz

Smash Rookie
I'm a bit confused, are you saying that he's fast falling at a faster speed than normal fast fall speed, or the fast fall isn't happening for you?

If its the first part, maybe you're actually doing it, but it just feels slower because videos online just feel faster or something like slighlty less frames in that recording.
(sorry if im talking nonsense or not making much sense my brain is fried tonight =/ )

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit confused, are you saying that he's fast falling at a faster speed than normal fast fall speed, or the fast fall isn't happening for you?

If its the first part, maybe you're actually doing it, but it just feels slower because videos online just feel faster or something like slighlty less frames in that recording.
(sorry if im talking nonsense or not making much sense my brain is fried tonight =/ )
im saying he's falling faster than normal and i've seen other sonics fast fall and lucky fell faster. Man lucky can't you just clarify this?

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
JJBro I just think you're not doing it at the height of the jump. The fastfall wont work if you press down as soon as you short hop. Practice you're timing in training mode for about 5 minutes, you'll get it.

Deathwish238

Smash Apprentice
nah i understand what you mean jjbro becuz i've also seen lucky's videos when he fights wario and he short hops fast falls are super fast. faster than normal and i tried to do the samething but it was not working. i was obviously short hopping (at the peak of the jump u smash the joy stick down) and fast falling but it was noticably slower than lucky's maybe its just the youtube video??? idk i would also like to know but i just think its the videos that luck fast idk.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Maybe your just not fastfalling right. I use empty SHFF for mindgames too. It's simply done the same way as it's been done for years. Press down at the peak.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Yes I have. In his video thread. Watch the first falcon match. He does this alot.
But I was just playing Brawl just now, and I realized, you were right.
There IS a way to fastfall faster.
When you airdodge at the same time you fastfall, you will fall significantly faster. It actually looks like the down airdodge from melee was used. So my bad, you were right. But there area few more frames lag after landing.

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol lucky you have your own way of SHFFing.
lol i know

ok now i'm pretty sure there is no way of fast falling faster.now it may look fast when doing a aerial attack.in case you dont know how a fast fall is done,it's basically jumping and when your momentum going up is done and you start falling down you tap or hold down.you cant tap or hold down while your still going up,you have to wait til the peek of your jump when you start falling down.

i suggest you just go to practice mode with sonic and try this out for a while.it's really not that hard once you know how its done.also it may look faster when you hit someone with the attack

just in case you did'nt notice i only fast fall back airs,since the rest have more landing lag

Top Bottom