• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do you dance trot?

theta64

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, im trying to do this technique with little mac but for the life of me, i cant figure it out how to do it on my controller. i try to imitate the movements but idk. can anyone help me? btw im more of a on hands and visible person, so explaining it ill need a picture unless you can be descriptive :/ Help!

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
I think I recognize this dance trot movement. It's what often happens when you attempt (and fail) a perfect pivot. Basically, input a dash right, and on the next available frame, hold in the opposite direction for at least a few frames. See, with a perfect pivot, you would flick the control stick in a way that both left and right are frame perfect, but since most people have trouble resetting their control stick to neutral position, it turns into this turn around dash in place, that the video is calling a dance trot.

Try turning down the game speed in training mode in order to test out this concept. Flick your control stick right, then left as quick as you can. It will either be a dance trot, a perfect pivot, or an empty dash (if you didn't apply enough pressure in the opposite direction for the game to register anything). Once you've familiarized yourself with the movement, bring the game speed back to normal as you attempt to dance trot as many times in a row as you can. Good luck.

theta64

Smash Cadet
im trying and trying but its just so hard on the gcube controller. i heard its easier on the pro controller. i need to test this out soon.

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, im trying to do this technique with little mac but for the life of me, i cant figure it out how to do it on my controller. i try to imitate the movements but idk. can anyone help me? btw im more of a on hands and visible person, so explaining it ill need a picture unless you can be descriptive :/ Help!

Here, the exact way to do it with Mac, rhythm and speed and all

theta64

Smash Cadet
i finally got it down with mac on the gamecube controller!!!! i actually had it since earlier the week but i forgot to mention it on here. now im trying to implement it on my gameplay

Bleezyy

Smash Cadet
I've recently started Fox Trotting a lot in my gameplay and I never knew what it was called. lol :lol:

Top Bottom