• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you counter pikachu with pit?

ares04

Smash Rookie
I fought some pikachu player online and he kicked my butt. From a far, I tried to spam aroows but he merely ducked and slowly crawled towards me.

When I tried to approach on the ground, he hit me with a electrical spin move I think it was a side smash.

When I tried to attack from above, he spammed thunder until he caught me and I died.

Any suggestions on what tactics I should use?

Lin_

Smash Apprentice
Well if he's ducking, couldn't you just aim your arrows at the ground?
I think there's a guide here on spacing techniques, go have a look at it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'll help you out since not only do I like Pit, but I also hate Pikachu.

Use Angel Ring or Mirror Shield (I prefer Mirror Shield) to reflect Pika's Thunder Jolts (the neutral B). Sometimes, use arrows in close range for a simple hit if the Pika player is not aware of it. Aim the arrows towards the ground with precision to hit the crawling Pika.

Pika's FSmash is a pain, but you can sidestep it. Or... use the Mirror shield as an offensive weapon and the part where the Mirror shield shines, when Pika hits it, he will turn the other way, similar to Mario's cape, then go in to attack.

If the annoying Pika loves to do that Electric spin thing (Dsmash), try keeping a short distance from him and then attack him.

If you get Pika off the stage, try to fly towards him and use F-air or B-air to try and kill him, but not all the time, because he might just use quick attack to avoid you.

If you get knocked off the stage however, I'm aware that some Pika players love to use thunder by the edge. If Pika allows himself to get hit by his thunder at the time, you could somehow take advantage of it. Get Close to Thunder's location, Use Angel Ring (this is a reflector too) or Mirror Shield, but i recommend Mirror shield.
When the shield hits thunder, "Nice Try" and Pika damages himself with thunder while that thunder you reflected is harmless to you. This means you can't glide to do this, just use your 3 jumps slowly and carefully close to Thunder to perform this.

Try this trick vs Thunder against a Lv 9 Pika at Final Destination. You'll see that my strategy works here, and should work against others. Note: If thunder strikes in the middle of Pit,, the shield will just block it, no reflect.

Because of thunder, I dont think Gliding will be useful against the yellow rat, except flying under the stage and to the other side.

Predict the moves Pika will do to you at each situation, counter it, and you will achieve victory.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Heh, I thought I was the only person who knew that Pikachu was a really good counter to Pit.

The match is hard because yeah, he's short and can duck the arrows. If he's smart, he won't spam thunder jolt because he'll know you can reflect it, but he'll choose opportune times when you're open to throw some out.

I would advise against doing a ton of sidestepping in this match, because while you can side-step his Fsmash, you can't sidestep his Dsmash, which will suck you up, rack up damage, and pop you up, which can be followed by a few thunders to kill you off the top.

Admiral Bowser said not to glide too much when recovering, and he's right because thunder will punish you. Remember that he will almost always spam thunder on the edge, or he will jump off, use thunder, then attempt to recover, so you should air dodge or mirror shield accordingly.

Seven11

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the guy yer talkin about is a local player here. I main Pit and have a tough time with him also. :-) Just play the arrow lockdown better and make him come to you. You'll get him.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'll say this to everyone looking for any sort of advice. Powershield. Dash at your opponent and Powershield their move. It's a 100% guaranteed hit of your choice whenever you successfully Powershield a melee attack. Learn to do this and your Pit will become faster then most if not all of your opponents. Pit is just that fast when you master the Powershield.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Heh, I thought I was the only person who knew that Pikachu was a really good counter to Pit.
And I thought Pit was a good counter to Pikachu. Well he still is in my book, and those reflectors that Pit has are the main beneficial reasons.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hopefully the info I've given is helpful. If there is something wrong, you let me know, for I'll support you determined Pit players.

thehunger77

Smash Rookie
I don't play against Pika often but I believe that Pit's fair has more range than Pika's f-smash. Therefore you can neutralize the f-smash with well spaced short hop fairs. Fairs would also work against Pika's d-smash. Also if your opponent spams thunders you are given the opportunity to get a free hit in during the lag, like an f-tilt.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Pika isn't hard 4 me if you can smash di out of his dSmash is hard but not to hard on his Dsmash. And thunder is easy to stop ether air dodge it or di into the bolt with the mirrior Shield out (the shield can hit it at anytime even after it has hit pika and is ending) i kill many a pika with there own thunder this way. the N b just spam arrows then mirrior if your far enough away (Kinda mid-far) that way he has 2 things coming at him and both are hard to dodge.

Top Bottom