• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you counter MK's neutral-B?

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
I've read that Pit's Nair counters MK's side-B (Drill Rush) but I don't have the opportunity to test that. Does it work to counter MK's neutral-B? If not, what should I do against someone who spams it?

It's eating my arrows! Oh dear gyawd!

P.S. What do you call MK's neutral-B?

Felis

Smash Cadet
F tilt counter MK whornado. And if they continue to spam it just shield the whole thing and then punish them when they get done with it. Unfortunetly Mk isnt the best match up for Pit so you might want a second to take care of him.

-Felis

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
An Arrow loop from above does help, but most likely, I'll either shield it, or attempt to do a D-air.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
i usually just run away from it. but i have reflected it a few times. I dont think ive one fully out prioritized it since most of the time they are in mid air and down tilts or smashes wouldnt hit. As for his drill type attack, you can reflect that too, but ive found that usually they fly too far back and recover too quickly for you to do much of anything. Maybe an arrow at the most.

Yeah meta knight is really horrible for pit or anyone for that matter. You just gotta stay out of the air ur just mind game into aerial attacks. But ground attacks is basically all you have against him. Arrow to break down his style. One thing lots of metas like to do is use his upspecial right off the edge as a recovery. Just reflect it and they are as good as dead. Takes some timing though.

I found link to counter him pretty well as long as u dont rely on his smashes. Just space really well and use a good bomb defense and tilts. I would go into more detail but this is a pit thread. lol.

Top Bottom