• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you cancel Dairs and do that double fsmash?

ADHD

Smash Hero
I remember seeing if you do a small dash dance you can double captain falcon's Fsmash. And the dair?

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
Well its pretty hard to explain (at least to me) so i'll try hard to explain it well. You have to use the control stick and the c stick to auto cancel. Do a slow tilt upward on the control stick to make falcon short hop and then immediately wail the c stick downward. Falcon should recieve no lag from this. You can also perform this with the knee. This will only work if you have tap jump on. I hope that helped. You can also check the sticky. That will explain better than me.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Technically auto-canceled dairs are possible without tap jump but requires godlike fingerspeed and timing to do consistently. Stick with tap jump IMO.

Double-fsmash... well it's hardly DOUBLED but it does give it a bit of a boost:
Increasing the Range of Falcon's Forward Smash
*Discovered by T0MMY; notified by the_yoshinator & k4polo

You can increase the range of Falcon's forward smash by starting to dash in the opposite direction you intend to hit in, then immediately hitting the c-stick towards your target. What will happen is Falcon does a little jump forward as he smashes, increasing it's range further than a standing fsmash.

Alternate Method: (Discovered by domiNate) Essentially, what you do is tilt the control forward slightly so you do the first step of Falcon's walking animation (not dashing), then you proceed to hit back on the control stick and forward on the c-stick for an even longer extension on Falcon's fsmash. Takes slightly longer to execute though.

carnivore

Smash Cadet
You dont have to gently move the control stick upwards, just jam up on the control stick and down on the c-stick at the same time gives you an automatic auto cancel dair

Top Bottom