• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do you beat Steve?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Steve seems extremely cheap because he can just mine diamond and spam minecart. What do you do to counter him???

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
play mid-range against Steve. it takes too long for his shield to ( drop / come up ) if you stay just outside of his punish range.

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
play mid-range against Steve. it takes too long for his shield to ( drop / come up ) if you stay just outside of his punish range.
This is true, but you have to define exactly where mid-range is if your telling about counter play.

Basically what Cheef said, but midrange is where Steve can’t hit you with a unreactable burst option or with a short range combo starter, and you have to be close enough that he is pressured not to mine. If he does try to hit you with an option and whiffs, most of his moves have enough endlag to punish if you have good whiff punish tools like Mythra. After that it’s just little reads and guesses to get Steve in disadvantage to force him to burn resources and possibly kill him.

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
Steve seems extremely cheap because he can just mine diamond and spam minecart. What do you do to counter him???
I know I'm late but whatever. Steve needs to mine to get his resources to do all his dumb stuff like 50% F-smash kills, rush him and he can't get diamonds and other stuff like that. I know from experience sonic in particular is pretty annoying to fight as steve because he just runs up quickly and beats me up. Also, his blocks are not really that strong, breaking them is actually pretty easy. Minecart IS a command grab and can kill really early, but again, just keep being aggressive and he won't be able to use many because he can barely mine. If you let him mine, good luck beating him with that diamond unless you projectile spam him, but blocks do counter that. Basically, just rush Steve and he doesn't get many of the resources he needs to beat you.

Top Bottom