• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do Yoshi?

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
He's a very interesting character. One of my favorites in PM, actually.

Not knowing where to start is the hardest part. I'd suggest getting used to his moves and his double jump first. More on his Double Jump since that's the only actual recovery he has. Get used to not wasting it trying to combo people so when you get hit you can still jump.

Watch some people play Yoshi competitively, including myself, Vectorman, and many other awesome players here: http://smashboards.com/threads/yoshi-project-m-matches.343748/

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Just start by mastering his DJ and getting accustomed to performing strategies without an Up B recovery.
Get to the point where you can be as comfy as can be doing offense and defense without SDing because you forgot about not having a 3rd jump.

Yoshi has always been a character that has a rather high learning curve in smash, so you need a high amount of commission to use him competently in a competitive environment.

Deviljho

Smash Journeyman
Learn the DJC and rising aerials. Get used to the up b as zoners or edgeguarders rather then a recovery, but keep the memory alive for alts/seconds. Be sure to be wary with your second jump. Keep committed and you'll be playin the Dinosaur well.

Top Bottom