• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do u turn off items

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I plan on buying a n64 soon and im just wondering how do u turn off items? Do u need a gameshark or something. I know how to unlock all the characters I just need to know if i need to buy a gameshark too.

Peek ~

Smash Cadet
you unlock item select after defeating pretty much the whole game (have mushroom kingdom, all characters etc)

...or was that for the sound thing? Either way I think it's a matter of unlocking all the other things before that setting unlocks.

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
i think it is different in the japanese version.
i played 50-1 stock matches to try and unlock it like i did in the American version but it didn't work, plus my cartridge came used so it already had a bunch of matches played. I unlocked it later but i forget how.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
From my understanding it was beating the 1p mode with all 8 original characters and playing 50 (or 75?) vs. mode matches.

Mahie and Moogle seem confident though, so I'd trust them more than me.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I distinctly recall playing more than 50 matches, and still not having the thing unlocked. It eventually came around, and I don't recall what the match count was, but I hadn't beaten single player mode with all 8 char's, either. WEIRD.

P D

Smash Ace
0 time is the fastest way to get matches, ya do that it works

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
do u need a controller pak to save, i know these are dumb questions but ive never played on n64 before

D

Deleted member

I had to get another Smash64 recently, and i was reading through the guide and it said 100 vs matches, tried it, and it worked, although it took forever, lol.

(§L)£ink

Smash Cadet
ya you have to beat pretty much everything i unlocked it on my real n64 when i got my last character ness (he was a pain in the butt) i think there was a glitch when u fight him to unlock him

Top Bottom