• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do people get an early copy?

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
Do they just work for the store that sells them? You just bribe them? Or do you say something like you pre-ordered it and you can't pick the game up that day and you really wanna play it so they give it to them early?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Do they just work for the store that sells them? You just bribe them? Or do you say something like you pre-ordered it and you can't pick the game up that day and you really wanna play it so they give it to them early?
Well, in Taiwan. Due to there are no official Nintendo stores in Taiwan, so Taiwan can get the copies earlier than Japan from Japan's local shelves.
Taiwan is "Normal" to sell games earlier, one of the live stream you watch before the launch, one of them is a Taiwanese, like me.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
You gotta find people who don't care about the release date, don't know about the release date, or willing to alter the release date for certain amounts of compensation.

Last edited:

Skymin50

Smash Cadet
Well, your first option is to pray.

But your second option: look.

No, seriously. Look for stores. Gamestops / EB Games are no-goes, there's literally a 0% chance they'll have it before street date. Walmarts, KMarts, Targets, etc tend to have games early, so if you want to try and bargain for Smash 4 early then go to one of those stores. If not, well I have heard cases of people pre-ordering games from online stores and getting them early (as is the case with some products, namely Pokemon TCG stuff).

Just try and find a store who's main priority ISN'T games, and you can more than likely pick up a copy. If their main priority is selling games, then...well, try and get lucky. Big chains, as I said, don't put up before release date.

Good luck. I know I'll be searching too.

mochiasta

Smash Rookie
NNID
animicousD
3DS FC
4012-3962-2742
You'll need a fall man, a tech, a small asian who can sneak through vents, 2 ninjas, money, and a getaway driver.

Morbi

Scavenger
In my experience, you have to bribe them. It depends on whether or not you want to spend the extra money on game. The online store method works as well because they try to ship it so it arrives on time, you could get lucky, but not that lucky. The most reliable way is to know someone who works at a game store. But I doubt you do, otherwise, you would not be asking!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
You can become a journalist and review games. They get games early most of the times so the reviews get out before the set release date, probably to benefit the consumer.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
If you work at a movie rental store, they normally receive games on Thursdays, before the release on Tuesday. This allows them to take it home and try it out before they release, so they can tell customers they're opinion of it.

When I used to work at Family Video, we were allowed to take home these games early.

Foozal

Smash Apprentice
I gotta go to walmart and see if they have the game now!

K-45

Smash Journeyman
If u work at a game store u can play the games early. Or if u have a friend who works there you can pay early for games before release.

Top Bottom