• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide how do i sureuken - A Ryu Basics Guide

DisidisiD

Smash Journeyman
To add on to the point made in the Shakenetsu portion of this, I'd like to add the other short cuts for his input specials. i advise you learn the normal version first then use these to ensure you can do it fast and consistently. I'll be explaining this in number format which follows this template:

Basically, 8 is up, 2 is down, 9 is up-right, etc. Assume Ryu is facing right for the following.

HADOKEN
This can be performed with a 23A motion (down, down-forward, A) motion or a 36A (down-forward, forward, A) motion.

SHAKENETSU HADOKEN
Technically, this move can be performed via a 13A motion but you'll most likely hit the 2 in the middle of 1 and 3. Thus, 123A is the shortcut.

TATSUMAKI SENPU... the spinny kick
You can do 21A or 14A for tatsu. Or you can try doing a Bair offstage on the 3ds ;___;

SHORYUKEN
Alright. Here's the really fun input. You have 4(5) ways to input this: 323A, 353A, 363A, or 636A (232A could also work but I haven't tested that. I think it ought to though). 636A is my preferred version of the three but 323A has its uses off of a LDtilt confirm. All of these are viable ways to send your opponents flying off into the sky. Have fun smashing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom