• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I gimp this character?

Kaishin

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina main here.

Falcon is traditionally thought to have an awful recovery and Rosalina can somewhat efficiently gimp a Falcon that has to recover from far away with the Dabuz edgeguard (continuous luma jab right below ledge) or in the traditional way, with a standard Halo Spike.

Naturally a Falcon that recovers high can be punished all of the usual ways, though only if we get the read on him.

Unfortunately, none of those work if I don't have time to do them. I need something quick to gimp Falcons that are Up B'ing fairly close to the stage. People wouldn't call his recovery bad if there wasn't anyway to do it. Is there some kink in his Up B?

There are two scenarios I commonly have trouble with.

The first is if Falcon is 3 or so feet (or less) below the ledge and Up Bs. Like, directly below it. When I try to runoff dair Falcon my frame 19 halo can't come out fast enough to get past his grabbing me from an insane distance. Bair could *possibly* work but I generally dismiss stage spikes since those aren't really feasible if the opponent isn't touching the wall.

The second is the same distance away and Up B'ing but instead of straight down he is to the right and down slightly. It's an angle that's too far upwards to runoff dair. Because Rosalina falls so slowly, it's not really feasible to short hop dair a Falcon like that either. If I try to fair then he will grab me.

Additionally, because this isn't PM, I can't simply gimp him from on stage in these situations without a lot of luck, because ledge snaps.

Any advice would be welcome.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Weak hit of dair is pretty good at gimping us, but if a character is 3 feet below stage and you're unable to run off to gimp then you should be thinking of alternative means such as ledge trumping if the falcon doesn't buffer the getup options, in which case you can just bair him into weak dair or 2nd bair. Just think of your options!

Top Bottom