• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how do i get 256+ lines and texture hacking?

polyopulis

Smash Cadet
since no one is going to find/answer my post buried in a big topic, i am reposting this. (edited from Use more than 256 lines of codes (.gct loader for all versions) )

can someone run through this clearly please?
this is what i want, i have code A B and C
A is the code in the OP of "Use more than 256 lines of codes (.gct loader for all versions)"
B is the code in the OP of "Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (Stage names added)"
C is the code in the OP of "The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April"

lets say that they are three different .txt files. if i want to texture hack, have more that 256 lines of code and have a B+ code set, what do i do with these codes/files/text in the files?
:confused:
no one here ever provides ignorance-proof step by step guides.

and can someone make and upload an updated complete SD premade card package please?

TYVM

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
If you want the newest Plussery with textures, do the following:

Take this, and find the one that tells you to put it into codes. Do so.

And then take this, and put it into codes/files/pf or whatever.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
I believe you create a .gct (this is your "loader" gct) using the code manager, and the text file should contain codes for textures (dynamic sd loader/sd files/replacement etc) codes for the .gct loader (yes, the codes in the op http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226447&page=17). Now make this a .gct, and put it in in your sd as sd/codes (sd being whatever letter your sd is, for instance mine comes us as E so it would be e:/codes).

NEXT, you make the rest, or the brawl+ and other game functions gct.

IF you are going to just grab the official .gct:
http://almas.sitesled.com/Codeset/Offline/RSBE01.gct offline version

http://almas.sitesled.com/Codeset/Online/RSBE01.gct online version

You then download either one that suits you, and then you put it in sd:/private/wii/app/rsbe/pf
IF your making your own b+ .gct (usually meaning you want to put other random things such as css and unrestricted camera:

http://almas.sitesled.com/Codeset/Plusery_Beta4.txt Text file to use with the code manager. In this text file you can also add those other random codes I mentioned earlier (find them yourself)
And that's about it really. Don't follow this EXACTLY and hope for it to work, But I'm pretty sure I've provided the basics. Post again if you need help, I'm sure someone else will assist if I messed up.

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
Alright, I think I've figured it out. I'm VERY busy with an incoming test and my SSBB is also at my cousin's house so I can't test it, but this is what I've deduced:

1.) Get Code Manager

2.) Go to this post. Find your version (probably NTSC USA), and then enter each of those codes into Code Manager one-by-one in order (Dynamic SD Loader v1.1, SD Files, gct Loader, Execute gct). Do not put any other codes in, yet.

3.) Click the check boxes next to each of the four codes you just entered, then enter your Smash Bros game ID (RSBE01 for an NTSC USA copy) into the "Game ID" box in Code Manager, and then go to File>Export to GCT and save it as RSBE01.gct (or <your Game ID>.gct). Put this in your SD:\codes\ folder. When you use Gecko OS, it will load this code. Then, when SSBB starts, these codes will load ANOTHER .gct file, this time /Private/Wii/App/RSBE/pf/RSBE01.gct.

4.) Now, you can make a new gct file, so just go to File>New List, and re-enter your Game ID (RSBE01).

5.) Go here and make the first code of your new .gct file the "File Replacement v1.3" code. Assuming you want it, make "Disable Custom Stages v1.1" the second code.

6.) From here, add as many codes as you want and save this new .gct file as RSBE01.gct in your SD:/Private/Wii/App/RSBE/pf/ folder. You have unlimited (within reason) space in this .gct file, so feel free to load up on codes.

polyopulis

Smash Cadet
Alright, I think I've figured it out. I'm VERY busy with an incoming test and my SSBB is also at my cousin's house so I can't test it, but this is what I've deduced:

1.) Get Code Manager

2.) Go to this post. Find your version (probably NTSC USA), and then enter each of those codes into Code Manager one-by-one in order (Dynamic SD Loader v1.1, SD Files, gct Loader, Execute gct). Do not put any other codes in, yet.

3.) Click the check boxes next to each of the four codes you just entered, then enter your Smash Bros game ID (RSBE01 for an NTSC USA copy) into the "Game ID" box in Code Manager, and then go to File>Export to GCT and save it as RSBE01.gct (or <your Game ID>.gct). Put this in your SD:\codes\ folder. When you use Gecko OS, it will load this code. Then, when SSBB starts, these codes will load ANOTHER .gct file, this time /Private/Wii/App/RSBE/pf/RSBE01.gct.

4.) Now, you can make a new gct file, so just go to File>New List, and re-enter your Game ID (RSBE01).

5.) Go here and make the first code of your new .gct file the "File Replacement v1.3" code. Assuming you want it, make "Disable Custom Stages v1.1" the second code.

6.) From here, add as many codes as you want and save this new .gct file as RSBE01.gct in your SD:/Private/Wii/App/RSBE/pf/ folder. You have unlimited (within reason) space in this .gct file, so feel free to load up on codes.
so custom textures is just some code you throw in with the rest of the codes in /Private/Wii/App/RSBE/pf/RSBE01.gct?
or does it go in /codes? and if so, there seems to be a specific order... so where do i put the texture codes?

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
I created an easy-to-use .txt file to use in conjunction with Code Manager.

Just get Code Manager v1.1 and open this text file. It should be pretty easy from there.

Only the FOUR codes IN ORDER from this topic go into the /codes/RSBE01.gct

The custom textures codes (File Replacement v1.3 and Disable Custom Stages v1.1) go at the very top and all other codes go below it in your /Private/Wii/App/RSBE/pf/RSBE01.gct

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
so custom textures is just some code you throw in with the rest of the codes in /Private/Wii/App/RSBE/pf/RSBE01.gct?
or does it go in /codes? and if so, there seems to be a specific order... so where do i put the texture codes?
Or you could have read my post, put the two .gcts where I told you, and had textures working with the newest Plussery beta.

Just saying.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
the zip is kinda corrupted so its not gonna work.

edit nvm the other files work. The first 2 folders dont. No textures though.

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
Well, my physics test is over and I finally got around to testing my cheat file and it works.

You can get the updated file here:
RSBE01.txt

Download that .txt file and open it with Code Manager 1.1, then follow the instructions. I just tested and got Kefka-Marth working, so happy Brawling!

NOTE: File Replacement v2.0 was released, do not use it for the time being unless you know what you're doing. It is, for the time being, a perfect SD file loader with no extra file-read time, but it loads all files in the root of your SD, so you can have no directory structure. I am using v1.3 in my cheat file, but if you really want to use v2.0, just replace the v1.3 cheat with the v2.0 cheat in your /pf/RSBE01.gct file and then place all of your files-to-be-loaded (textures, etc...) in the root of your SD card. Phantom Wings is working on this, though, so good luck!

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
@ polyopulis:

Hey, just try the Brawl+ tweaker v0093. And for these long long txts, make separate codeset txts.

For example I've:

-Super Codes
-Speed Modifier
-Cheats D-Pad (Sometimes don't work via double gct method)
-Separate Item Modifiers
-Additional Techniques
-Boss Control (I guees it didn't work with double gct, IDK)

Then I put them all in my Brawl+ tweaker folder to start them up and check them on.

I hope it helps a bit for an ordered work with the codes.

And use the following GCT in the folder 'codes' and the other GCT in the pf folder (THe 'pf' has to be in the same directory as the 'al' folder !!!

http://www.4shared.com/file/97716392/b3968538/RSBE01.html

(AX)

polyopulis

Smash Cadet
I created an easy-to-use .txt file to use in conjunction with Code Manager.

Just get Code Manager v1.1 and open this text file. It should be pretty easy from there.

Only the FOUR codes IN ORDER from this topic go into the /codes/RSBE01.gct

The custom textures codes (File Replacement v1.3 and Disable Custom Stages v1.1) go at the very top and all other codes go below it in your /Private/Wii/App/RSBE/pf/RSBE01.gct
this is the most helpful comment and answers my question because it is clear and in depth enough.

thank you.

Fenrir

Smash Ace
NNID
FenrirW0lf
3DS FC
3523-2051-9785
If you want the newest Plussery with textures, do the following:

Take this, and find the one that tells you to put it into codes. Do so.

And then take this, and put it into codes/files/pf or whatever.
Thanks for that, now I'm up and running with Brawl+ and Texture Hacks working together. On the USB Loader, at that. Sweet.

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
File Replacement v2.1 came out and so I updated my RSBE01.txt.

File Replacement 2.1 brings with it some exciting new developments:
- Supposedly perfect loading -- load speed is unaffected
- Hopefully no more freezes
- SD Loader, SD Files, and Disable Custom Stages are no longer required (though we need the former two in order to take advantage of 256+ lines of codes).

So as usual, just open my my RSBE01.txt with Code Manager 1.1 and read the Readme First and Readme Second.

Additionally, if you'd like to do it manually, the format is now as follows:

SD:/codes/RSBE01.gct
- Dynamic SD Loader v1.1
- SD Files
- gct Loader
- Execute gct

SD:/Private/Wii/App/RSBE/pf/RSBE01.gct
- File Replacement v2.1
- You can put any codes you want, here, up to 12,400 lines.

*NOTE: This is for the NTSC-U version of the game. I do not know the codes for the NTSC-J or PAL versions, but you might be able to find them yourself with the links provided in the post.

alvicala

Smash Cadet
File Replacement v2.1 came out and so I updated my RSBE01.txt.

File Replacement 2.1 brings with it some exciting new developments:
- Supposedly perfect loading -- load speed is unaffected
- Hopefully no more freezes
- SD Loader, SD Files, and Disable Custom Stages are no longer required.

So as usual, just open my my RSBE01.txt with Code Manager 1.1 and read the Readme First and Readme Second.

Additionally, if you'd like to do it manually, the format is now as follows:

- File Replacement v2.1
- gct Loader
- Execute gct

- You can put any codes you want, here, up to 12,400 lines.

*NOTE: This is for the NTSC-U version of the game. I do not know the codes for the NTSC-J or PAL versions, but you might be able to find them yourself with the links provided in the post.

Let me see if I understood correctly: We can create a .gct with that .txt file that should go in the /codes folder?

masamunecyrus

Smash Apprentice
Let me see if I understood correctly: We can create a .gct with that .txt file that should go in the /codes folder?
Not quite. You create two .gcts with that text file.

- Dynamic SD Loader v1.1
- SD Files
- gct Loader
- Execute gct

- File Replacement v2.1
- All additional codes, up to 12,400 lines.

Once again, this is for NTSC-U. If you want NTSC-J or PAL, instead of RSBE it'll be RSBJ or RSBP, and you're going to need different codes for those regions, too.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Not quite. You create two .gcts with that text file.

- Dynamic SD Loader v1.1
- SD Files
- gct Loader
- Execute gct

- File Replacement v2.1
- All additional codes, up to 12,400 lines.

Once again, this is for NTSC-U. If you want NTSC-J or PAL, instead of RSBE it'll be RSBJ or RSBP, and you're going to need different codes for those regions, too.
Question. Which ones should be the .txt files and which one should be the .gct files? Or are they all .gct files?

Top Bottom