• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I beat you ********?

Nicmckael

Smash Rookie
I know this is crazy to ask, going into another chars thread and asking you to turn against yourselves.

Anyways, if you'll help, I main fox. I regularly play a peach on my online league. He's really good with all of the floating and what-not. His best part of his game is his edge-guarding with the insane hit boxes that peach has.(SERIOUSLY, who thought it was a good idea to give peach such large hit-boxes on her aerials that she can literally perform anywhere?) So frustrating. Anyways, for the first time in a 3 stock match I got him down to 1 stock tonight. It's maddening. What can I do to beat you ******* peaches?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Her biggest weakness is her slow speed. Peach is pretty bad at chasing her opponents. Overwhelm her with your speed. Shoot a lot of lasers, run away a lot and let her come to you. Impatient Peaches will get destroyed by this. Move a lot and don't her lock you down.

Furthermore, landing with Peach can be a real pain. She is very floaty and slow in the air so pressure her when she tries to come down.

Punish her jumps, especially with Usmash. It will force Peach to respect your options and limit her jumping options.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
peach can create great pressure if you move gradually and slowly; spaced ground-floated nairs and tlc fairs can give lots of reason for follow-up, along with dtilts and dairs. plus, a good peach player will be able to make a lot off of just one grab; you need to move fast, like @ M Meru. says. peach is slow, which is why the sonic matchup and similar require more defensive play.

still going on what @ M Meru. says, peach's fast falling speed is rather pitiful in this game. start pressuring her with upairs and upsmashes on her way down; they don't have to hit, as long as you zone her into something more favourable for you. don't just let her fall down, because you need to exploit this weakness and make the player fear you.

shoot to get her percent up, then start working her after you get her off your back by either running, running and grabbing or responding with a spaced upsmash or forward smash if she floats too low when approaching you carelessly.

your options when recovering are limited because you're fox and she's peach. there isn't an awful lot you can do about that besides being unpredictable and mixing up your recovery from time to time. firefox is always the better option than illusion; a good peach player will read you and nair offstage and fair onstage.

just more practice though, really. a lot of it comes to who can read the other player better; rolls, jumps, grabs, etc. knowing combos and the matchup is important, but being able to *play well* matters more.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Don't forget Fox's UpSmash is still ridiculously good against lighter characters, like Peach. Since you have a great projectile, use that A LOT to rack up damage if Peach is being too defensive. While TLC is all the rage right now, you still have a reflector which can help alleviate her throwing turnips at you. And her Down B is quite slow, so go in for the punish if she's close enough. She can cancel histun with TLC, so be prepared for that

Cyko Melody

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2938-6723-5956
Kinda like the melee match up. Get your hits in when you can (or just lazer to a good percentage) then get one well placed BAIR, UAIR, etc.

Probably also good to not let her control the center of the stage.

Nicmckael

Smash Rookie
Her biggest weakness is her slow speed. Peach is pretty bad at chasing her opponents. Overwhelm her with your speed. Shoot a lot of lasers, run away a lot and let her come to you. Impatient Peaches will get destroyed by this. Move a lot and don't her lock you down.

Furthermore, landing with Peach can be a real pain. She is very floaty and slow in the air so pressure her when she tries to come down.

Punish her jumps, especially with Usmash. It will force Peach to respect your options and limit her jumping options.
Thanks, I will Def try to keep distance more, she seems to destroy my approach options.

Nicmckael

Smash Rookie
peach can create great pressure if you move gradually and slowly; spaced ground-floated nairs and tlc fairs can give lots of reason for follow-up, along with dtilts and dairs. plus, a good peach player will be able to make a lot off of just one grab; you need to move fast, like @ M Meru. says. peach is slow, which is why the sonic matchup and similar require more defensive play.

still going on what @ M Meru. says, peach's fast falling speed is rather pitiful in this game. start pressuring her with upairs and upsmashes on her way down; they don't have to hit, as long as you zone her into something more favourable for you. don't just let her fall down, because you need to exploit this weakness and make the player fear you.

shoot to get her percent up, then start working her after you get her off your back by either running, running and grabbing or responding with a spaced upsmash or forward smash if she floats too low when approaching you carelessly.

your options when recovering are limited because you're fox and she's peach. there isn't an awful lot you can do about that besides being unpredictable and mixing up your recovery from time to time. firefox is always the better option than illusion; a good peach player will read you and nair offstage and fair onstage.

just more practice though, really. a lot of it comes to who can read the other player better; rolls, jumps, grabs, etc. knowing combos and the matchup is important, but being able to *play well* matters more.
Thanks for all of the tips, I really appreciate it.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
Her biggest weakness is her slow speed. Peach is pretty bad at chasing her opponents.
Really? I assumed she was pretty good chasing both vertically and horizontally. Side B will catch rolls pretty well and continue pressure on shield, and her new uair has a really good hitbox, which makes it hard to out-prioritize.

Nose

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jecolo
Really? I assumed she was pretty good chasing both vertically and horizontally. Side B will catch rolls pretty well and continue pressure on shield, and her new uair has a really good hitbox, which makes it hard to out-prioritize.
what he means is peach is hard to mobilize
side-b is good for rollers and great for bouncing into dair off shields,
and uair does have some great juggling qualities given you know how to handle it
but she can only provide a lot of good pressure if it's done within controlled space

peach does not apply pressure through the whole stage
and will have trouble applying pressure on a fast target
whereas fox can hit and run, and initiate attacks on-the-go, peach has to let her attacks flow in gradual progression,
and let her pressure allot her the proper zoning on her opponent to fully punish.

Top Bottom