• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I beat ROB?

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
This ROB im meeting is almost impossible! He sits in the corner shooting lasers and throwing his down b all the time and he also takes it up and throws it again and when Im damaged enough he comes forward to dtilt so I trip and he nairs me so that Olimar gets KO.

I cant come forward to him so I can grab him because then he shoot his down b or dtilt so I trip. Pikmin Throw/side-b doesnt work because he takes all of the Pikmins off easily!

I really need some help against ROB! How can I defeat him?

I wrote everything in the Wiis Internet so sorry if I spelled wrong.

Starwarrior27

Smash Apprentice
That sounds like a ROB that I've faced too! My suggestion would be to jump over his attacks, then hit him with a Fair or Dair. That should give you an opening to attack him. If he starts spamming again, just jump over the shot again, and hit him with a Fair. If he's at a high enough damage, then you can KO him with a Fair with a blue pikmin.

TheWii

Smash Journeyman
Starwarrior27: Thanks it helped, the fairs totally surprised him but its not safe when I do that because sometimes inte the air he up smashes me.
But it have become more even but he still is the one controlling the match.

Does somebody got more tips?

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
if you can get him off the edge, grab the edge, and keep edgehopping to bairs and eventually he'll run out of fuel and fall to his death

Zori

Smash Champion
if you can get him off the edge, grab the edge, and keep edgehopping to bairs and eventually he'll run out of fuel and fall to his death
he has this thing called nair.

annnnnnnnyways you have to mimic r.o.b

When he spams with gyro and lasers you jump and spam pikmin and then he comes to you grab him he is a huge target. And when he is in the air go in the air and hit him :D(your loseing already you got nothing to lose :chuckle: . Don't roll because any rob would be more then happy to downsmash. My advice is too good lol.

geekd

Smash Apprentice
That sounds like a ROB that I've faced too! My suggestion would be to jump over his attacks, then hit him with a Fair or Dair. That should give you an opening to attack him. If he starts spamming again, just jump over the shot again, and hit him with a Fair. If he's at a high enough damage, then you can KO him with a Fair with a blue pikmin.
you'll get fsmashed in the face every time.

You can out-projectile him so make him approach you. you'll be much better off if you play this match defensively. Punish every approach with a shieldgrab; he is heavy enough for you to get some decent combos in. Save dsmash for the KO

Awex

Smash Lord
ROB is very very difficult.. So much so I simply choose to go Dedede vs a good ROB. >>

For Olimar though, it's a simple concept which is hard to get going.. Keep below him. He can't really do anything to attacks from below, especially from Olimar. So get him airborne however you can and chase his *** with uairs.

It's reallly not very favorable though. ;x

OwL

Smash Cadet
I'd say spam side-B for pressuring.
Your projectiles > his projectiles.

Also, ROB's nair is lagish at the beginning so you may wanna try countering it with Whistle Super Armor instead of dodging. That way you'd be ready to counter-attack. =D

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
The best thing to do, is
kidnap your opponent's family.
Then, every time you fight them,
remind them that you could kill their child
their brother
their father
all they have to do is lose and nothing happens to those they love.
Works against all characters, trust me

shanus

Smash Hero
WAC dsmashs, retreating pivot grabs (his grab range, jab, and ftilt are huge range so you literally have to push the limits of your grabs so to not get interrupted). The main thing is you need to get under him and keep him over you. Once you do, its a free 50% damage on him. Stages like lylat are awesome for this and you can abuse him hardcore

Puddin

Smash Lord
Why do threads like this exist when we've already covered R.O.B. in the Weekly Matchup thread >_> Anyway the thing is...you don't =\ switch characters, there is no shame in having a secondary.

Top Bottom