• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How disjointed is Bair?

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
His foot ( I don't think) is part of his hurtbox when he enters his Bair animation... so, where does Wolf's hurtbox end? ANd where does Bair's hitbox end? I mean, I've clashed it with MK's Fair, so it obviously has to be disjointed SOMEWHERE.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Glancing blows can show the edge of a hitbox, but I'm not sure how you find ending hurtboxes...

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman
I think b-air actually extends in front of Wolf, sort of like R.O.B.'s back air. I can't prove this at the moment. I'll go check this out today.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
If any of you use the C-stick to test the aerials, be sure to remember that you move forward slightly when you press the C-stick in the forward direction.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
If any of you use the C-stick to test the aerials, be sure to remember that you move forward slightly when you press the C-stick in the forward direction.
I'm pretty sure that's more or less negligable... Using the control stick would likely move you more in a direction, so cstick is the best option we have.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
OKAY after researching Bair a little bit more. I think I have a theory as to why it seems like it has very very good priority.

Okay, 1 frame before Bair actually comes out, Wolf is REALLY scrunched up. Basically it's like the Bair animation except without the foot and leg sticking out. This means that if an opponent's hurtbox is within the range of that foot before it comes out, but not quite to Wolf's hurtbox, he gets hit. So basically the leg goes from not extended at all to fully extended. If the developers wanted to say... make it transitional and make the extending part transition into fully extended, I think Wolf would be considerably more crappy. However thank God that isn't the way it was done. This may be why Bair might clash into Marth's Fair, because by the time Marth's Fair reaches Wolf's hurtbox, Wolf's foot is also in Marth's.

I honestly think all of Wolf's body is his hurtbox during Bair, it's just his claws that are disjointed. But can anyone test if you can hit the foot or leg of Wolf during his Bair animation?

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
I've also noticed that the B-air has 3 hitbox areas, all with different knockback and damage. A solid hit with his foot would do 13%, a not-so-solid-not-hitting with the whole foot area does 11%, and the hitbox extends to near the face area with garbage knockback dealing 9-10% with some kind of combo potential in it.

Top Bottom