• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How disappointed will you be if your fave doesn't make it in?

How disappointed will you be if your fave doesn't make it in?

• Livid, my character deserves better and I can't believe they've been shafted again!

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Pretty upset, I was really putting my hopes in this, and seeing them sidelined breaks my heart.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Disappointed, was really hoping to use them if they made it in, but it's not the end of the world

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Whatever happens happens If my fave gets in thats great, if not, someone else is happy to see theirs

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • This game is already going to be amazing, anything else is icing on the cake!

Votes: 28 40.0%

• Total voters

Jolt_91

Smash Cadet
I'll be pretty sad if Bandana Dee doesn't make the cut (which is pretty likely at this point imo, much to my dismay) I will admit. I'll be glad that a lot of people got their own wishes granted with the likes of Ridley and King K., but outside of Chrom, there aren't any characters that I'm really excited for myself. And even Chrom is just a "oh yeah I like him I'll pick him up". No Dee alongside Alph still being an alt costume alongside Rock Pikmin likely still being unutilized in Olimar's kit is a bit of a personal disappointment. Still, I can see the sheer amount of effort that went into it, and I will be enjoying stuff like Squad Strike, revamped Classic, and the Final Smash meter. I had just hoped that atleast Alph got the echo treatment or Bandana Dee would be playable. Yet I can still hold the slightest amount of hope for one of them.
I have the feeling they saw to late that people like bandana dee so much and rushing him in would not feel right. My guess is he will be a dlc because they want to make him as unique as possible

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
What are your most wanted?
Didn't know someone could even be that disappointed about a game that great
They're in my sig. If a new character I really want to play isn't in Ultimate, there's really no reason for me to play it instead of Melee or PM.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
They're in my sig. If a new character I really want to play isn't in Ultimate, there's really no reason for me to play it instead of Melee or PM.
Err...
Isn't Simon in? Or are you talking about someone else?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's way too late for disappointment on my end, back in March I couldn't have dreamt that things would go this well. Obviously Ridley is my favorite, so I've been fortunate, and while there are still a few characters I'd like I don't find them particularly likely, and never did I think they were mandatory for me to enjoy the game, so I'll be okay with whatever we get in the Direct.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Well considering my fave made it already :ultkrool: and I got other characters on my wishlist like :ultwolf::ultisabelle::ultchrom::ultridley::ultdarksamus: :ultinkling: everyone else is simply a nice bonus IMO. Yeah I was a bit bummed when Krystal was deconfirmed and I still want to see Dixie Kong, Captain Toad, and Medusa make the roster but those 3 would mostly just be cherries on top. Though if DLC is confirmed and none of those characters end up making it by the end of the DLC run I will definitely be disappointed in the DLC line-up but not the base game.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
My fav is already in if my avatar didn't give it away. Dixie and Isaac are the only 2 left that I actually care that much about so if at least one of them gets in I'll be good (slight edge to Isaac).

SL1K

Smash Rookie
I have been waiting for Banjo Kazooie to get in the game for so long, and especially after the leaks Ive gotten my hopes up, so I will be pretty devastated if he doesn make it in

D

Deleted member

Im already happy with the game. So any characters that gets added I will embrace whole heartedly. Since this will more than likely be the final big installment of Smash, I think Sakurai is going to do his best to get everyone and everything he can in the game.

But that being said, I would like for Shadow the Hedgehog and Celica in Smash. Other than that, and even if they dont make it, im not gonna cry about it lol.

HeavenWolfHD

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavenWolfHD
3DS FC
5155-4164-9910
I want Monster Hunter so much but if he isn't it I wouldn't mind I already got my favorite characters Luigi, G&W and Dr. Mario

Makotoa

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
2720-1558-5025
Well this is interesting looking at in hindsight... haha
The poll will last another day or so, so feel free to vote in your actual reactions. I seem to be seeing a lot more salt than these numbers suggest though.. XD

But yes there is hope, 5 DLC slots worth! But dang does it feel GOOD to have my #1 new pick make it in (incineroar)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I was pretty well set at E3 with Squirtle and Mewtwo returning, and Ridley coming along. August bringing K. Rool was just as beautiful.

Now, my 'most wanted' list pretty well was Dovahkiin, Tails, and someone from Zelda (either Urbosa, Midna, or Skull Kid). I didn't really have high hopes for any of them, so I went into the Grinch leak feeling disappointed (I thought that was the final and I didn't like that it spoiled), and the direct feeling really nothing.

Incineroar looks cool, but the loss of random trophies stings. I did keep cringing as I saw other big names get show down one by one though.

If it's only the 5 DLC characters, I'll still pray that the Dragonborn is one of them, but I'm 9/10 characterwise now. I just hope that there's enough single player content to satisfy me for a while.

Top Bottom