• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS How did you get Smash 4 3DS?

How did you get Smash 4 3DS?

• Total voters

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I personally bought a physical copy. Sure, I had to wait until afternoon of today to get it, but I could wait. I just generally prefer to get physical copies of games I'm particularly interested in.

I found a few older threads like this that already exist, so I apologize if this question's a bit of a repeat.

Laserbeamed

Smash Cadet
I got physical. I don't download games. The more the industry trends digital the more I will miss out on but I can't be bothered to care. If I wanted online gaming I would just grab a PC.

Pirate Goomba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BackburningPyro
3DS FC
3969-6919-4080
Switch FC
2859 5488 3187
Physical, only go digital for steam on PC. Big W had it at 44$ AUSD at launch compared to the the usual 59.95 at eb and others.

Last edited:

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
Physical copy. I like collecting the cases, artwork and whatnot. Besides, I'm more of a physical copy kind of guy as oppose to digital. Only digital with Steam.

Erionn

Smash Cadet
Digital. 9pm release since I'm West Coast, and couldn't be bothered to go out at midnight, and did not want to wait until the next day.

I don't have any problems with digital releases, they're a lot more convenient.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Physical copy, don't support digital anymore.
Why not?

Mine will be physical once I get it though. I don't go digital unless it's cheap like PC games or really obscure or hard to obtain like old PC games or Wild Arms or something of the like.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Sorta, they ran out of copies really fast. Most of us left when the people who couldn't get a copy started trying to buy our copies.
I don't like explaining jokes, but whatever. Wait, they really tried to buy copies of sold copies when they were in a store that was selling copies? Really? See, this is why people pre-order stuff... No matter how popular or unpopular a title is, there's bound to be shortages.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Sorta, they ran out of copies really fast. Most of us left when the people who couldn't get a copy started trying to buy our copies.
Personally, that just sounds funny and makes me feel kind of bad for those without a copy and those with one at the same time. I guess it's fortunate you managed to get one.

Wait, they really tried to buy copies of sold copies when they were in a store that was selling copies? Really? See, this is why people pre-order stuff... No matter how popular or unpopular a title is, there's bound to be shortages.
Yeah, that's why I preordered my copy. It can also be motivation for people to get a digital copy so they don't have to deal with any shortages, of course.

ShyGuy XL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShyGuyES
3DS FC
5386-9776-6327
I downloaded it off the eShop...it was the longest freakin' download of my life plus my wifi source kept acting buggy I was about to lose it

Otaku720

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2681-1126-3028
Got mine at the midnight release in my gamestop

MarquisPhantom

Smash Rookie
I was going to buy it Friday afterschool at Gamestop, but I ended up encountering a friend on my way home on Thursday. He wanted to go to a local game store just to look around but they ended up being willing to sell us the game early. In the end I got it on Thursday with cash, but had I waited until Friday I could have saved my $50 and used my Gamestop trade-in credit and another about $15. Can save that for ORAS I suppose.

g00dapollo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Barayas
3DS FC
0061-0892-6923
I went Digital. It worked out rather well since Nintendo does the eShop release Midnight Eastern. Was playing for an hour and a half roughly before it even really released in my Time Zone/State.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Pre-ordered a physical copy and I don't regret it at all. Always preferred having physical copies of games over digital ones.

Playat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Playat
3DS FC
0473-7807-1815
Got my physical copy on my way to class(that got cancelled btw) Friday morning at GameStop. So satisfying to have it in my hands.

redreflect

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3282-2415-2514
Preordered my physical copy at Best Buy during the Smash Fest event. I had forgotten about the gold smash coin that came with it until I went to pick it up :)

Zimoria

Smash Rookie
I bought a physical copy. I'm really uncomfortable with how they handle digital. If something happens to my DS, I don't want to have to rebuy the game =/

Chocobo Link

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4253-3960-6377
Went physical, since I don't trust digital copies anymore (I think I mentioned this before)

Top Bottom