• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did you find the music you love most?

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I found mine by people that tell me about them or in a video that involves the song.

How'd you find the music you love?

Master Raven

Smash Master
First time I really got into music was listening to my parents' CDs. Later on I started developing my own taste when I got interested in metal and got into contact with a would-be-friend from Tampa who's responsible for getting me into roughly 50%, if not more, of the music I listen to. Once I got cable Internet I exposed myself to a huge variety of artists via Soulseek, and eventually Waffles.fm and What.Cd. Today I'm still constantly exploring new and different sounds.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Google images. Here's my process-

Pick out album I like, type it into google
search it through google images
click on a blog site
download every album they list
end up liking about 10 percent of it, keep the rest in case I like it as my taste expand and grow.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Bassdrive plays better Drum-n-Bass than DI.

Anyways, the reason I got into dance music was a combination of me playing Streets of Rage for the first time(which incidentally also made me a gamer) and also hearing Technotronic's 'Pump up the Jam' when I was 4. Looking back, the first stage to Streets of Rage has a theme that sounds A LOT like Technotronic's 'Pump up the Jam'. Really, check it out.

Anyways, as time progressed, I didn't listen to as much dance music as I used to, mostly because the radio sucks when it comes to that(however, I DID get Alice Deejay's and Darude's albums) but once I got my own computer, I began looking up a lot more dance music(referred to as 'techno' back then because I didn't know any better). From there, I began exploring all the subgenres, falling in love with each and every one, going through my 'stages' with them. Hearing Stardust's 'the music sounds better with you' when I was 12 made me a house music fan. Around the time I was 15, I was into Turntablism. 16-17, I was into Drum-n-Bass(you have Dieselboy's 'The Dungeonmaster's Guide' to thank for that although my taste in jungle has shifted more towards Atmospheric Jungle like Komatic and Artificial Intelligence). Around the time I graduated high-school, I was a trance-lover. Then came my happy-hardcore phase. Now I've been more or less stuck on Hardstyle and Dutch Hardcore for the past like 2-3 years.

However, all of the subgenres have their own place depending on my mood and what I'm doing(seriously, have you ever cleaned and listened to Soulful House at the same time? **** is soo fun). Had sex to Vocal Trance and Atmospheric Jungle(although I've always wanted to do it to Hardstyle). Played melee to Happycore and Hardstyle. Gotten high to Psychedelic/Goa Trance. Dance music has more or less become who I am, hence the username PLUR.

However, I've spoken about this for way too long.

TL;DR Blame Streets of Rage and the internet. :)

Top Bottom