• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How did he get out of my final smash?

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
I was Toon Link playing against my friend, playing as Samus, on Halberd.
Just a little background information.....

I had got my Final Smash and was chasing his scary self around the stage. I found an opportunity to unleash my attack and took advantage. Toon Link charged forward at Samus. Suddenly as Toon Link begins the animation to do his attack (the Triforce things had just began appearing around him), Samus breaks out of the Final Smash and the attack just ends. I see that Samus's damage has increased and I am wondering what the **** just happened. Why didn't the attack animation finish? He should be dead.... All I recall to give me any idea of what happened was Samus pulled away as if I had grabbed him. My friend laughingly jokes, "I guess it is like a grab." I stare at the screen thoroughly pissed.

Sorry to make my story seem so epic but it was.

I want to know what exactly happened and has this happened to anyone else before?

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
Samus is a girl.
Unless you're referring to your friend.
uh, yeah. try doing this on a Nana as she disappears
(when Popo dies.)

KingWaffles

Smash Rookie
Yeah. Uh, I don't remember what happened either. I may have powershielded er something, but it happened so fast, all I know is that it didn't work and the brawl continued. Funny thing... we might have been in the air as well... it was just all a blur.

Zomfg

Smash Rookie
Well thats cheap

Did he press R or L? Link and Toon Link's Final Smashes can be powershielded, and the same things you mentioned happen in that instance.

Why would the makers of brawl do that its just retared if you can powershield it :mad:

past-tense-of-draw

Smash Rookie
I had a similar problem with Bowers Over B. I did Bowers over B on my friend (playing as Lucas) and he glitches out of it. I go off the edge and hes left standing there. Funny thing about it is I just keep falling until the match ended.

-drew

Bomber7

Smash Hero
SWEET! I'm not alone on this! I made a thread too that does that... but it happened on the platform on Halebard.

Top Bottom