• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

Camalach

Smash Apprentice
Skull Kid should just throw the Moon to the stage as an AT and not be playable AT ALL.
I admit Skull kid is not very likely but I don't see why you wouldn't want him as a character. He would have an interesting and new play style with interesting new moves! Perfect.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Because he is outdated, irrelevant, not even the main villain of his game, he's worst than Zant.
I say if characters as "outdated, irrelevant" as the Ice Climbers can get in, it pretty much opens the floodgates for the possibility of any third rate Nintendo character that people might want in...but then again, that is why we have these boards to endlessly argue on.:laugh:
(my above comments were not directed at skull kid, I think that he would at least be a interesting, if not decent, addition.)

vesperview

Smash Hero
I say if characters as "outdated, irrelevant" as the Ice Climbers can get in, it pretty much opens the floodgates for the possibility of any third rate Nintendo character that people might want in...but then again, that is why we have these boards to endlessly argue on.:laugh:
The Ice Climbers don't come from a series that is still having new releases and has a ton of newer games to pick stuff from, meaning, Zelda, Skull Kid is irrelevant, if he wasn't in Melee, he won't be in Brawl.

Phantom Fox

Smash Rookie
Because he is outdated, irrelevant, not even the main hero of his game, he's worst than Mallow.

Interestingly enough, I noticed this very argument works quite well against a character in your signature.

Not that I have too much against Geno, just attempting to illustrate a point.

Phantom Fox

Smash Rookie
How funny that you have to bash my signature to defend how irrelevant Skull Kid is.
Well, to begin with, that's not even a relevant point to bring up. Irregardless of if it was "bashing your sig", it is incredibly hypocritical to use arguments against one character while supporting another character in which these very same arguments could be brought against. If you really believe what you said, and are not just attempting to mindlessly bash a character, then you must either feel it applies to both, or applies to neither. Simple logic.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Well, to begin with, that's not even a relevant point to bring up. Irregardless of if it was "bashing your sig", it is incredibly hypocritical to use arguments against one character while supporting another character in which these very same arguments could be brought against. If you really believe what you said, and are not just attempting to mindlessly bash a character, then you must either feel it applies to both, or applies to neither. Simple logic.
So what? Geno has the polls and a strong following and a somewhat recent cameo, Skull Kid has neither.

Phantom Fox

Smash Rookie
So what? Geno has the polls and a strong following and a somewhat recent cameo, Skull Kid has neither.
And yet you did not argue any of those points against Skull Kid. You argued he was not the main villain of his game, outdated, and tossed in lots of personal bias. This was the reasoning you stated for why Skull Kid should not be in Brawl.

Though Skull Kid also has a strong following. Not a massive following, but strong. He may not of been mentioned several times like Geno (as the "poll" is more so Sakurai's mentions of a character). And technically he DOES have a recent cameo. Twilight Princess. He does appear, there are hints it is the same Skull Kid as OOT and MM. He also shows up in a more important role than Geno's most recent appearance at that, but all this is relatively irrelevant. As it is not what you previously argued.

vesperview

Smash Hero
And yet you did not argue any of those points against Skull Kid. You argued he was not the main villain of his game, outdated, and tossed in lots of personal bias. This was the reasoning you stated for why Skull Kid should not be in Brawl.

Though Skull Kid also has a strong following. Not a massive following, but strong. He may not of been mentioned several times like Geno (as the "poll" is more so Sakurai's mentions of a character). And technically he DOES have a recent cameo. Twilight Princess. He does appear, there are hints it is the same Skull Kid as OOT and MM. He also shows up in a more important role than Geno's most recent appearance at that, but all this is relatively irrelevant. As it is not what you previously argued.
He is not the main villain of his game, he is outdated, Zelda has four more popular titles to include stuff from, how can you argue that? oh and FYI, Skull Kid is not even on the poll and the Skull Kid from Majora's is not the Skull Kid from TP.

Phantom Fox

Smash Rookie
He is not the main villain of his game
Never said he was. Though if you want to get technical, the topic is primarily suggesting him with the Mask, but even ignoring that fact this is rather irrelevant as I never even said it.

he is outdated
He is from an older game now, yes. Though I fail to see where this is any sort of argument at all. Where's the precedence for discluding outdated characters? There's only been one prior sequal in the series, which did not even include the entire roster that was originally planned.

Zelda has four more popular titles to include stuff from
So we're ignoring the merits of a character now and instead deciding based upon the status of the series or game itself? Interesting. Now please show me the evidence for this.

Though if you want to get more particular, the game still sold incredibly well and is still very popular. Not the most popular Zelda game ever, but it has a good deal of popularity.

oh and FYI, Skull Kid is not even on the poll and the Skull Kid from Majora's is not the Skull Kid from TP.
And the poll is not the end all be all decider on characters. Sonic was not on it, and yet he was the most requested character according to Sakurai.

And on the subject of it not being the same Skull Kid from Majora's Mask, please... show me your evidence. I am most interested.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Never said he was. Though if you want to get technical, the topic is primarily suggesting him with the Mask, but even ignoring that fact this is rather irrelevant as I never even said it.
The Mask is the main villain, not Skull Kid, if you are not going to argue that fact, you shouldn't bring it up.

He is from an older game now, yes. Though I fail to see where this is any sort of argument at all. Where's the precedence for discluding outdated characters? There's only been one prior sequal in the series, which did not even include the entire roster that was originally planned.
Where's the precedence of including outdated characters? Name one character from the main series (Mario, Zelda, DK, Kirby) that was included in Smash from games that were not relevant to those series anymore, none? I thought so, if Skull Kid wasn't in Melee when he was relevant, there's absolutely no reason for him to be in Brawl.

So we're ignoring the merits of a character now and instead deciding based upon the status of the series or game itself? Interesting. Now please show me the evidence for this.
Why don't you show me what merits Skull Kid has compared to recent Zelda characters like Midna, Tetra or Vaati? Who are far more deserving.

Though if you want to get more particular, the game still sold incredibly well and is still very popular. Not the most popular Zelda game ever, but it has a good deal of popularity.
Not more than Twilight Princess or Wind Waker, which would be the titles they would represent, not to mention Minish Cap and Phantom Hourglass, again, Majora's was represented in Melee, through the Great Bay, it's not relevant anymore to deserve representation in Brawl.

And on the subject of it not being the same Skull Kid from Majora's Mask, please... show me your evidence. I am most interested.
You're the one bringing that crap up, you prove how he is the Skull Kid from Majora's, cause there's absolutely no proof that states that the Skull Kid from TP is the Skull Kid from Majora's, just minor evidence which is hardly enough to draw any real conclusions.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
Skull kid is the main vilian of MM just in a brainwashed way and we want him with the maks not without and still what does it matter he would be interesting and unique more then some cell shaded link and he deserves to be in the game in some form I would love to see him as a boss he's perfect for that not to important to the series but just a little like the other bosses

vesperview

Smash Hero
Skull kid is the main vilian of MM just in a brainwashed way and we want him with the maks not without and still what does it matter he would be interesting and unique more then some cell shaded link and he deserves to be in the game in some form I would love to see him as a boss he's perfect for that not to important to the series but just a little like the other bosses
Skull Kid is not the main villain, he's not even the one you fight in the final battle.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
jeah so do you want the mask to fight on its own in brawl then? I don't think that's very practical. We're supporting Skull kid with the mask not the mask alone and at least a part of Skull kid with the mask is the final boss and still the rest of the body is the main villain just not the final boss. And I think a main villain is more deserving of a spot in brawl then a sidekick(Midna)

vesperview

Smash Hero
jeah so do you want the mask to fight on its own in brawl then? I don't think that's very practical. We're supporting Skull kid with the mask not the mask alone and at least a part of Skull kid with the mask is the final boss and still the rest of the body is the main villain just not the final boss. And I think a main villain is more deserving of a spot in brawl then a sidekick(Midna)
Again, Skull Kid is not the main villain, stop insisting on it, Midna is far more important to her game than Skull Kid is, even Vaati or Zant are more important.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
He would be a unique addition because he operates as a possessed character who is only being controlled by another, more powerful being.

It's interesting due to the fact that both Skull Kid and Majora's Mask have amazing moveset potential, and by combining them together into one character, you could have some pretty spectacular results. That and his possible Final Smash speaks for itself.

I'm basing this purely on gameplay potential here. Skull Kid is by far the least popular of the possible Zelda characters, but there is no denying that he would have the best moveset and be one of the most fun characters to play, even if you aren't a fan of him.

I don't feel he is the most deserving of the Zelda candidates, but he would be an absolute blast to play as compared to all the other options.

Oh, and he's a villain so I fully support him.

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
Skull Kid is not the main villain, he's not even the one you fight in the final battle.
that still doesn't mean that he doesn't have amazing powers like turning Link into a Deku Shrub and, not to mention, he is the source of all the bad things in termina like 4 bosses, the poisoned water in the jungle, the blizzard killing off the gorons, etc. etc. Though he isn't the last boss, I do agree with you on that, he does make the quest all the more difficult.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
Why is Midna more important to her game then Skull kid with MM? Link wouldn't have to do anything without Skull kid and Zant was just a puppet of Ganondorf now you may say Skull kid is that from MM but we support Skull kid with MM and I think Zant with a giant ganondorf ghost thingie behind him is a little strange

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
She isn't relevant anymore She can't even come to their world remember the mirror of twilight is broken and that Twilight princess>Majora's Mask is just a opinion (however I agree with it but the game doesn't come into brawl the characters are and I think Skull kid with MM is more interesting then Midna)

vesperview

Smash Hero
She isn't relevant anymore She can't even come to their world remember the mirror of twilight is broken and that Twilight princess>Majora's Mask is just a opinion (however I agree with it but the game doesn't come into brawl the characters are and I think Skull kid with MM is more interesting then Midna)
Twilight Princess is the latest Zelda game for the home consoles remember? Until a new one is released either for the Wii or the next gen, Midna is relevant, Skull Kid and Majora's Mask have four Zelda titles that outprioritize it.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
That's not the point, Twilight Princess>Majora's Mask, not to mention Midna is currently relevant to Zelda, Skull Kid isn't.
So after realizing that Midna=Majora's Mask, you toss in your own opinion to give one side more weight than the other? Haha.

True, Midna is currently relevant to Zelda, which brings me to my next point. What happens when the next Zelda game is released and Midna is no longer currently relevant to Zelda, yet people are still playing Brawl and see Midna's mug on the character select screen every time they fire up the game? Your argument makes no sense, don't act the the newest character automatically equals a better character, because to me, Majora's Mask Skull Kid was a better character than Midna.

Why don't we just include only the most recent characters and completely ignore every outdated character? Tell that to Pit, IC's, G&W, etc.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
Twilight Princess is the latest Zelda game for the home consoles remember? Until a new one is released either for the Wii or the next gen, Midna is relevant, Skull Kid and Majora's Mask have four Zelda titles that outprioritize it.
and you say Skull kid isn't relevant? he had a small cameo in ocarina of time he was the main villain (or at least a very very important villain) in MM and without Skull kid Link would never find the master sword in the scared grove (I'll believe that was the name) that's three games two more then Midna has. Not very important fact (see IC's etc.) but still a fact

vesperview

Smash Hero
So after realizing that Midna=Majora's Mask, you toss in your own opinion to give one side more weight than the other? Haha.

True, Midna is currently relevant to Zelda, which brings me to my next point. What happens when the next Zelda game is released and Midna is no longer currently relevant to Zelda, yet people are still playing Brawl and see Midna's mug on the character select screen every time they fire up the game? Your argument makes no sense, don't act the the newest character automatically equals a better character, because to me, Majora's Mask Skull Kid was a better character than Midna.
How does the argument don't make sense? I wouldn't expect Midna to return in a next Smash game if there were 5 newer titles to outprioritize her, same goes for Sheik and as you say YOU think he is a better character than Midna, as I've been saying, if he wasn't in Melee he won't be in Brawl.

Why don't we just include only the most recent characters and completely ignore every outdated character?
That's exactly what they do in case you hadn't noticed.

and you say Skull kid isn't relevant? he had a small cameo in ocarina of time he was the main villain (or at least a very very important villain) in MM and without Skull kid Link would never find the master sword in the scared grove (I'll believe that was the name) that's three games two more then Midna has. Not very important fact (see IC's etc.) but still a fact
TP Skull Kid =/= Majora's Skull Kid.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
So does that matter? Smash bros. doesn't make any sense you can't have a young link and a adult link at the same time. You cant double jump. And then another thing why should they add Link? it's not like he was in a lot of games Since TP link isn't MM link

EDIT:

Why don't we just include only the most recent characters and completely ignore every outdated character?

Pit says Hi

Limit

Smash Apprentice
How does the argument don't make sense? I wouldn't expect Midna to return in a next Smash game if there were 5 newer titles to outprioritize her, same goes for Sheik and as you say YOU think he is a better character than Midna, as I've been saying, if he wasn't in Melee he won't be in Brawl.
In that sense, neither of them deserve it. Seriously just cap the Zelda roster at 3 characters if it's going to end up that way. If every "4th slot" Zelda character in Brawl is just going to get replaced by the next generation, then it's probably best just to leave it empty.

Pit, IC's, G&W? Sorry, I haven't noticed.

TP Skull Kid =/= Majora's Skull Kid.
Right, but Skull Kid is a reoccurring character in the Zelda franchise. Expect him to return yet again in the next Zelda game, and the one after that, and the one after that.

Don't you see what is happening? When is the right time to include Skull Kid as a character in Brawl? Just at what point does he deserve it?

Three appearances? Nope. Four? Nope. Five?

Eventually, you will realize that he is more than just a trash, overshadowed character and look at him more as an Zelda icon. So why not include him now, and put him in as the form when he was at his prime status in Majora's Mask? This makes him a worthy "4th slot" Zelda character because no matter how many Zelda games they decide to release, as long as he's a part of them in some way, guess what?

He will continually be MORE RELEVANT than Midna. A timeless character deserves a spot in a timeless game -- Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Pit, IC's, G&W? Sorry, I haven't noticed.
Pit, IC's and G&W =/= The main series with newer games every generation, see how Zelda is focusing on TP in Brawl and not in OoT?

Right, but Skull Kid is a reoccurring character in the Zelda franchise. Expect him to return yet again in the next Zelda game, and the one after that, and the one after that.

Don't you see what is happening? When is the right time to include Skull Kid as a character in Brawl? Just at what point does he deserve it?

Three appearances? Nope. Four? Nope. Five?

Eventually, you will realize that he is more than just a trash, overshadowed character and look at him more as an Zelda icon. So why not include him now, and put him in as the form when he was at his prime status in Majora's Mask? This makes him a worthy "4th slot" Zelda character because no matter how many Zelda games they decide to release, as long as he's a part of them in some way, guess what?

He will continually be MORE RELEVANT than Zelda.
If that's your logic, than Skull Kid shouldn't have Majora's Mask, he is not more relevant because he gets a crappy cameo in every new game, FYI.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
Pit, IC's and G&W =/= The main series with newer games every generation, see how Zelda is focusing on TP in Brawl and not in OoT?

If that's your logic, than Skull Kid shouldn't have Majora's Mask, he is not more relevant because he gets a crappy cameo in every new game, FYI.
With or without Majora's Mask, he is still more deserving. Which is why I stated, if he were a character in Brawl, put him in at his prime when he DID have Majora's Mask.

And a crappy cameo is just your opinion. I don't suppose Black Mages, Moogles, and Chocobos are crappy cameos of Final Fantasy? At which point does a "crappy cameo" magically transform into a franchise icon?

Don't deny that my logic has merit. He IS continually more relevant than Midna to the Zelda franchise.

vesperview

Smash Hero
With or without Majora's Mask, he is still more deserving. Which is why I stated, if he were a character in Brawl, put him in at his prime when he DID have Majora's Mask.

And a crappy cameo is just your opinion. I don't suppose Black Mages, Moogles, and Chocobos are crappy cameos of Final Fantasy?

Don't deny that my logic has merit.
How does it have merit? If he is SO deserving for doing some stupid minigame in OoT and being a pain in the *** in TP, he should be deserving in any way, not just with the Mask and Majora's Mask Skull Kid is not relevant nor does it have a strong following to grant him a spot, if they would've wanted to include him they would've included him in Melee, where there was even a Majora's stage, right now it's pointless.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
How does it have merit? If he is SO deserving for doing some stupid minigame in OoT and being a pain in the *** in TP, he should be deserving in any way, not just with the Mask and Majora's Mask Skull Kid is not relevant nor does it have a strong following to grant him a spot, if they would've wanted to include him they would've included him in Melee, where there was even a Majora's stage, right now it's pointless.
You just don't get it, it's pointless.

What don't you grasp about a franchise character being one who is continually relevant?

A character who will never be left behind, a character who can never be replaced...

Midna is a one shot character. She had her time, and it WILL pass eventually.

Guess which characters have stuck around in Smash Bros? Right, those characters who continually become a part of the Zelda franchise -- Link, Zelda, Ganondorf.

vesperview

Smash Hero
You just don't get it, it's pointless.

What don't you grasp about a franchise character being one who is continually relevant?

A character who will never be left behind, a character who can never be replaced...

Midna is a one shot character. She had her time, and it WILL pass eventually.

Guess which characters have stuck around in Smash Bros? Right, those characters who continually become a part of the Zelda franchise -- Link, Zelda, Ganondorf.
So is Skull Kid, he's a one shot character who deserves nothing.

Limit

Smash Apprentice
You're the one using opinions, you like Skull Kid better, thus, you're biased towards him, thus, you think he's deserving, anyone with a little logic would know his chances are less than stellar.
Of course I like Skull Kid. Did I ever once use that to prove that he has a good possibility of being in Brawl? Not once, unlike your blatant bias toward Midna.

I already know his chances are "less than stellar", and I never said that they were particularly that great to begin with. All I'm trying to show you is that Skull Kid isn't as worthless as you try to make him out to be, and he IS a valid contender for the 4th Zelda spot, however much you may not like it.

Top Bottom