• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How cool would it be if Skull Kid was in SSBB?

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
If you had any intelligence you wouldn't have replied to my flame bait post in the first place *******!
So you've just admitted that nobody was supposed to reply to your first post?

Then why the hell are you even posting here at all?

Oh, that's right, you're post is worthless, and so are you.

cecilbartz

Smash Cadet
So you've just admitted that nobody was supposed to reply to your first post?

Then why the hell are you even posting here at all?

Oh, that's right, you're post is worthless, and so are you.
Oh right and you keep replying IDIOT!

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Skull Kid would be utterly pwnsome. for one, he was the last cool villain until the Wind Waker *******ization occured....

thank god for Twilight Princess, or I wouldn't have enjoyed a Zelda game since Majora's Mask and the Oracle games. which is sad, really...

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I love Skull Kid's character, but he doesn't seem big enough in terms of fan-base and series importance. He sort of had an important role in Majora's Mask, but he was just the mask's tool for the planet's apocalypse, and that was his only seven hours of fame.

As it is, Zelda's representatives already fill a good portion of Brawl's roster, and if there were to be a new representative, I wouldn't doubt that it be Midna. People grew as attached to Midna as much any other one of Link's side-kicks in my opinion and seems to have the most potential out of all of them, plus Skull Kid's character has been washed out in the past few years. If he had a time to shine, it would have been in Melee.

As an assist trophy, I'd be sweet to see him jump on screen and spit a bunch of bullet seeds from his flute and dash off.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Either reverse psychology or laws of attraction. x:

If he were an assist trophy, I'd like to see him without Majora's mask though. Probably summon a few puppets as he plays Saria's Song instead of shooting bullets.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Too bad Midna and Vaati are more important than stupid Skull Kid... keep on waiting for a Skull Kid update it will NEVER happen!
Hey Kid how do you like your Twilight princess and Minish cap, huh? sounds like they are the only Zelda games you have ever played you stupid ignorant little kid.

Seriously you are NOT a Zelda fan, you know NOTHING about Legend of Zelda so please once you have finished playing more than 2 Zelda games come back and give us your opinion.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Well he sort of does have a point there. There were more than one skull kids in Ocarina of Time, when you're in the third main room in Lost Woods and you have to shoot the target stump on the branch of the tree to get an expanded bullet seed pack. So Skull Kids don't seem that significant if you look at it like that, since it's more of type of person than a individual.

There was two there, and then the main one that was given the skull mask, then the most important one in Majora's Mask. Then another one that we saw in Twilight Princess. o-(O_O)-o

But refering to him as 'stupid' isn't necessary. I doubt Vaati will make it in as a playable character, he doesn't have a big of a fan base as other characters, and that Ganondorf already serves as the series' playable villain character. Midna on the other hand dominated Twilight Princess by stealing the show.

Ukn0wn1

Smash Cadet
Yes, but as others have said, Midna is just Nintendo's response to people's complaints of having ****ty little Navi fairies as a guide throughout your adventures in previous Zelda titles.

In Twilight Princess however, it seems that they did address that particular issue, perhaps a little too well.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I myself got too attached to Midna too. I liked Navi as well, but it I didn't really care too much for Tatl, cause I was more focused on worrying about what happened to Navi after she ditched Link at the Temple of Time.

King of Red Lions (King Daphanes) was one lame sidekick in my opinion. Phantom Hourglass was sort of a relief that they brought the pixie partner back, brought back nostalgia from OoT, but doesn't compare to Navi, especially Midna for that matter.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Why does everyone get so attached to Midna? I for one couldn't care less about her I mean playing games which have decent storylines and character development Midna's was nothing special.

Or maybe it was because I completed the game in just a week...

Anyways you could same the same thing about Link... and Mario (Because there are more plumbers) and even Bowser (His kids), but it all comes down to weather you want the individual or just a general skull kid... and we want the individual Skull kid with a storyline and role as major antagonist from the weirdest and deepest Zelda game.

Loooooni

Smash Ace
Stuck in the 4th dungeon of twilight princess
Hey Lego ignore the flamer he was doing this in the geno thread too which means he just goes around trolling threads and his opinion doesn't mean ****. Anyways I do not know if I want skull Kid in brawl mabye I need to play some MM and find more out about him.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well if your stuck on any temple in TP then MM might be a little to much for you : P

And yhea I read where he said Geno would be a samus clone... o_0!?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I am too lazy to look for the po's souls so I just quit and have not played it for months.
I finished the game with everything except those, and I even have a guide! but the gude is crap, its a follow step by step walk through, its not good for looking for things like finding pos and stuff. I think i would prefere skull kid over midna, he is cool but I realy cant see either getting in.what are some reasons skull kid would get in when we already have one zelda villain?

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
what are some reasons skull kid would get in when we already have one zelda villain?
There is a lack of villains in general in the Smash Bros. series. And Skull Kid would be unique among all the villains so far in that he's a lighter, faster villain.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Skull Kid should seriously get the 4th Zelda rep if they have any

Fodder

Smash Apprentice
I think you're oversimplifying Skull Kid. He doesn't want to destroy the world for the sake of it. He's a thieving adolescent with abandonment issues being increasingly possessed by a demonic mask which feeds his depression to the point where he has become both suicidal and homicidal.
True, sorry about that. I do realize that his anger was a result of his depression and feeling rejected and that is what makes him interesting as a villain. I am just saying that in the end his goal is to destroy the world and I completely forgot to mention WHY he wanted to do it.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Most villains want to destroy the world... I mean its like saying Sepheroth was a simple villain because he wanted to do whatever.

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
Link 1st Zelda rep.
Zelda 2nd Zelda rep.
Ganondorf 3rd Zelda rep.
Vaati 3rd Zelda rep.
Skull Kid 4th Zelda rep.

No other Links or Zelda reps other than that

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Most villains want to destroy the world... I mean its like saying Sepheroth was a simple villain because he wanted to do whatever.
Well Sephiroth is easily rank the highest, if not top most recognized villain because he had to be an *** and kill Aerith, whom players had grown attached to and wasted time building her character and trying to get her final Limit Break, Holy Gospel.

I speak for myself though for Midna, but I got attached to her because she was basically around the whole game and was an important role in the game. Link would have never been persuaded to go after the fused shadows if it weren't for her, and his wolf form abilities wouldn't have been feasible without her. She also put herself on the line and all that other emotional stuff, like getting Zelda's power to be restored from the possessed spirit's blast of light energy.

All Navi did was scream "Hey!" and converse with Link and the Great Deku Tree... much like Tatl did in Majora's Mask. x:

I know you guys are referring to the Majora's Mask Skull Kid, but he was basically a random Skull Kid who stole Majora's Mask from the the Mask Shop Owner. So with that, you can't honestly consider his individuality unique since he's reoccurred as a supporting character in different installments that isn't as significant as other characters. Majora's Mask was the real antagonist, using Skull Kid as his tool for wold obliteration. It would be a different story if he was the franchise's staple character, but he isn't. >:

MAGES!? I totally agree, we need more characters proficient in magic. I'm hoping Square-Enix kicks down a black mage for the fray. I hope that isn't skewed with being generic though. Black Mage "is" a staple character of Final Fantasy. They're one of their most recognizable characters like a chocobo and moogle. ;3

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
Well Sephiroth is easily rank the highest, if not top most recognized villain because he had to be an *** and kill Aerith, whom players had grown attached to and wasted time building her character and trying to get her final Limit Break, Holy Gospel.
Gah, Kefka and Kuja where much better!

I speak for myself though for Midna, but I got attached to her because she was basically around the whole game and was an important role in the game. Link would have never been persuaded to go after the fused shadows if it weren't for her, and his wolf form abilities wouldn't have been feasible without her. She also put herself on the line and all that other emotional stuff, like getting Zelda's power to be restored from the possessed spirit's blast of light energy.

All Navi did was scream "Hey!" and converse with Link and the Great Deku Tree... much like Tatl did in Majora's Mask. x:
Midna is cool, but not enuf playable character material.

I know you guys are referring to the Majora's Mask Skull Kid, but he was basically a random Skull Kid who stole Majora's Mask from the the Mask Shop Owner. So with that, you can't honestly consider his individuality unique since he's reoccurred as a supporting character in different installments that isn't as significant as other characters. Majora's Mask was the real antagonist, using Skull Kid as his tool for wold obliteration. It would be a different story if he was the franchise's staple character, but he isn't. >:
Well, skullkid with the mask on is ok but...

Vaati before that!

MAGES!? I totally agree, we need more characters proficient in magic. I'm hoping Square-Enix kicks down a black mage for the fray. I hope that isn't skewed with being generic though. Black Mage "is" a staple character of Final Fantasy. They're one of their most recognizable characters like a chocobo and moogle. ;3
Yay! Someone agrees, plz check my moveset idea out: http://forums.khinsider.com/general-video-games/86051-super-smash-bros-brawl-272.html#post2540549
You should be able to see it.

Vaati and BM for BRAWL!!!

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Gah, Kefka and Kuja where much better!
I dunno about you, but I loved how knifing Vayne was in FFXII. Everything seemed so real in such an unrealistic world. x:

I think that people put too much emphasis on Sephiroth though, probably because he was the first villain to be in 3D.

Midna is cool, but not enuf playable character material.
Bah, I think she is more than qualified to be added. But of course we should agree to disagree. xP

As for Vaati, I never played Minish Camp, but I intend to once I get some time, but from what I gathered from him he seems decent, but everything from Zelda has been brought up to Twilight Princess' design, so I think that diminishes his chances of appearing. ;-;

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
As for Vaati, I never played Minish Camp, but I intend to once I get some time, but from what I gathered from him he seems decent, but everything from Zelda has been brought up to Twilight Princess' design, so I think that diminishes his chances of appearing. ;-;
I think that saying that TP is a hinder for Vaati is stupid. The TP designs are very cool looking so it´s no wonder they are using them. Ewerything from Zelda will pobably get an small TP makover, even if the character or item wasen´t in TP.

Vaati would probably be turned to a little shorter than Link size hylian. His clother would get more detail than they had before and he would gain a more slim apperence form the WW style artwork he has.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

its a secret to everybody, but you can revive aerith. its realy hard and annoying though.
you remember that battle arena thing in the golden mushroom? go there and lose 50 times getting 50 tissues. then, go cry at aerith's death bed 50 times useing them. she then comes back as a ghost and tells you to go retrieve the special materia or whatever it was called that she kept in her hair(I know it sounds far fetched). you then take it back to her death bed and use it, she then comes back to life ready to use. however, this has no effect on the story line so its like she is still dead.

you can choose not to beleive me if you wish, I dont know exactly all the details so if you dont know exactly were each of these spots are, as in you go to the wrong places, it wont work.

Legolastom

Smash Hero

... Except if you played the game you would realize that the Skull Kid had a deeper personality and history which makes him unique and separate from the other characters.

And about Midna... if you never got your shield would that mean that Mido would be the bad guy of Ocarina of time because he never let you pass on to the great Deku tree? No, because he is what we like to call gameplay mechanic, Midna wasn't JUST a gameplay mechanic but by go how could you people get attached to the character?

I can only really get attached to characters in RPG's or really good games... like I got somewhat attached to Navi much more so than Midna.

Also Skull Kid could easily be a mage... mixed with a bard : P

And on a side note the "Other Link" argument is totally worthless...

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I think that saying that TP is a hinder for Vaati is stupid. The TP designs are very cool looking so it´s no wonder they are using them. Ewerything from Zelda will pobably get an small TP makover, even if the character or item wasen´t in TP..
More than small makeover though. They're exactly like their Twilight Princess counterparts. That's why everybody is in cahoots about Sheik making it, because she wasn't in Twilight Princess.

But Aonuma did submit updated designs for Sheik, but it's a matter or not whether Sakurai uses them. >:

I guess they would definately update Vaati, but I still don't know about him making it, because only reason Sheik is getting an update if she does make it, is because she was in Melee.

Legolastom said:
Except if you played the game you would realize that the Skull Kid had a deeper personality and history which makes him unique and separate from the other characters.
I'm not too sure about the history you're describing. Skull Kids are random kids who find their way in Lost Woods and never leave. There's not even a background we really know about the Skull Kid in Majora's Mask.

He was simply a tool that Majora used. He did play an important role, but if you look at it from my point of view, he was just a vessel used in the grand scheme.

Although I am rethinking my decision on his individual occurrence, he I am speculating that Ocarina of Time's Skull Kid is the same one in Majora's Mask because he knew Saria's Song. So this history is probably likely, but he is still a supporting character.

As far as the attachment to Midna is concerned, she basically stole the show. She was like the first sidekick who was associated with other people other than Link.

She was associated to Zelda, Zant, Ganondorf, spirit guardians, the twilight realm. And assuming that she is royalty like most suspect, that's enough individuality for a character. She'd also be the tallest female character who looks 'dark/evil" to be in Brawl assuming that she would be able to transform into her true form like the way Zelda does with Sheik.

maxieman

Smash Ace
I would love to See TP skull kid with Majora's mask, bet the design for the mask would be completely redone!

Top Bottom