• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How come Brazil doesn't have any big tournaments like in North America?

paper otavio

Smash Journeyman
Porque o Brasil não tem tourneio de Brawl como nos Estados Unidos do Norte?

I'll be speaking in both English and Portuguese.
Eu vou falar em Ingles e Portugues.

I mean, all of the pros you see today, are going to tournaments in California, Texas and a bunch of other places.

Eu tou querendo dizer, que todos os pros que voce ve hoje, estão indo para tourneios em California, Texas e ums outros lugares.

But in Brazil, all you'll ever find is a badly made tournament in places like Campinas, São Paulo.(Not every character unlocked) where they give out horribly planned prizes for everyone like a Wii.(WTF is the point?)
At most, you would find a good tournament in São Paulo, São Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, where they have tournaments in which results don't even come to tier lists or matchups...
I am very tired of Brazil being so underestimated and uncared for....
Heck, I might even have to train hard so I can move to America for a little representation.....

Mas no Brasil, os unicos tourneios que voce vai ver, vão estar em lugares como Campinas, São Paulo aonde são muito mal feitos(Não terem todos os jogadores) a qual o premio é uma coisa nada a ver como um Wii..(Porque?)
No maximo, o unico tourneio que voce vai ver que e bem feito, e em São Paulo ou em Rio de Janeiro, aonde os tourneios nem valem nada porque os resultados nuncam chegam nos "tier lists" ou nos "match ups"
Eu ja estou cansado de ver o Brasil assim, como nada a ver com o resto do mundo do Brawl...
Talvez eu ate treino bastante mais, para ver se o Brasil pelo menos pega uma representação....

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'll most likely be in Sao Paulo this summer. Hope there's something going on then :)

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
Im going to PERU in April, and im down to traveling all over south america to play some smash... me and my friend wana hit every place in south america that throws smash tournaments let me know.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
we make tournaments here in venezuela very often..

u can con whenever u want xD

come to maracaibo, is where the best players are in vnzla

Excelsior

Smash Rookie
You are seriousy mistaken. Brazil has a very healthy scene for Brawl, as you can see in the www.1upsmash.zip.net forums . Brazil has around 2000 members in the forums and a few tourneys each month.

In 2008 Smash was a part of Evo South America. That was the biggest fighting game tournament ever held in Brazil, with over 2000 players. Brawl alone had 128 players, which is not bad by any means.

The first prize was a trip to Las Vegas, worth around 1500 dollares, where the winner could compete for another 5000 or so at the Evolution World Championships. Unfortunately the winner couldn't travel for lack of a valid Visa in time for the finals.

Also, you have to take into account that those tournaments aren't made by the companies. They are made by the players and for the players. So, if big tourneys stop happening, this is your fault as much as is everybody else's . If you want a good tournament, run a good tournament. People who do nothing and expect others to do it for them for free, and at the end still complain about it, aren't really a bg help to the community. So make your own tournaments and, when huge international events like Evo South America happen, try to be there - its much easier for you that alrady lives in Brazil then from the Chilean players that will probably attend this year's edition once its confirmed.

I hope this was helpful. Great website and reginal forums!!!

TheMike

Smash Lord
man, i'm from Brazil and there good tournaments here. São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro Brasilia and others. At São Paulo we have the Anime Events, like Anime Friends(Evo South America) and Anime Dreams and also tournaments that are organized in help of the 1upsmash forum. Rio de Janeiro we have Smash in Arena and Brasilia Kodama and other smallers.
Sure we can have tournaments everywhere, but they are not as big as the ones held in the USA as our smash community is smaller than theirs.

We still have big tournaments of Smash64 and Melee, at a National Level, search in the Tournaments Videos from Melee the thread Melee's Revival in Brazil.

We will also have the Evo Classic with Melee and others.

Fore more info, visit www.1upsmash.zip.net

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Brawl isn't so Popular in Brazil my Friend.

Essa é a verdade mano... Eu acho que o PS3 é que manda no Brazil e não o Wii.

E sobre a organização, é muito difícil achar um organizador que faça isso bem feito.

Sobre o Local, infelizmente se houver, é no Eixo Rio-São Paulo.

Top Bottom