• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how can you get a 1 on 1 when with anyone?

terry12312

Smash Rookie
I like 1 vs 1 a lot more but since I'm not really into appointments for time to be online I play with anyone, and on rare occasions I suddenly fight a 1 vs 1, in the 1st match there are 2 cpu players but after that every fight is 1 vs 1. Is there any way to trigger a 1 vs 1 or is it just a matter of being online when there aren't a lot of people online/when the servers are tired?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
hm lucky you. even when it's 1v1 on Basic brawl I generally get CPU's also which blows becaus eI like to 1v1 too.
But you've got the right idea. or you could add friend codes and 1v1 them. with a stock match orr a longer time match.

Sonikku the Pikachu

Smash Rookie
you just asked for the near impossible,you just have too go on a time where there arent a lot of people on(which is hard)and hope you dont get any CPU's in the match(even harder)

Rinehart

Smash Journeyman
It's kinda random getting CPUs when you get someone with a one on one match. But yea its one of those times i guess.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
you just asked for the near impossible,you just have too go on a time where there arent a lot of people on(which is hard)and hope you dont get any CPU's in the match(even harder)
Yup, I concur. especially about the CPU's thing, that's just lucky. I've only 1v1'd once agaisnt a blue kirby, it was his stage so items were one, he put only bats and I slayed him 3 to -1 or -2 I think. it was vicious

arfer

Smash Cadet
it's pretty much luck I guess... the only times I've ever gotten 1v1 on anyone was when the other two left. Almost never happens, much less with only 1v1. Whenever I think it'll happen, there always ends up being a cpu

pumper

Smash Cadet
I don't believe its random. The way I think it works is this: one of the four player is chosen by wi-fi connect. When that player is chosen the wi-fi connect applies the players setting to the next match. Which means it takes the stage and IF THE PLAYER HAS ITEMS ON OR OFF! ( so set all items to off please;) ).

To get no cpu: When your in the waiting room, beat the stuffing out of the sandbag until you get one brawler to pop up. When that happens don't touch the bag at all. If the time runs out and you have some spaces open and wifi connect picks you it will not put in computers (guaranteed). If you keep on hitting the bag and there is not enough players wifi connect will assume that you really want to play, and then fill up the empty spots.

Trust me, this works. Try it out, but don't pick final destination because EVERYONE picks that stage use a different stage and turn your items off.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hmm i shall give that one a try, it seems like it could work but also seems like your imagination. no offense meant

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Why didn't Sakurai add a 1v1 mode? Did he really spend four whole years just to make 3 modes?!
Is called "Friend brawl"
I don't see in any point of playing basic brawl with just 1on1
because of the time setting, and the other person can quit and ruin your connection durring the battle.(Happend to me when I was playing some noob)

Also "Friends Brawl" is purpose is for 1vs1 so if you're looking for 1vs1, I doubt you find nobody that want to play on this forum.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten a few 1v1 but they are rare in Basic Brawl, even rarer is getting a decent 1v1. most of the time its a blowout as the average person looking for a basic brawl isn't prepared for 1v1. Its sad how people don't realize that jumping to the max height and doing a down b with kirby just isn't a viable strategy 1v1, even sadder is that type of crap does work with a FFA.

So more or less getting a 1v1 is all chance, pumpers don't hit the sandbag technique sounds interesting but i am still highly skeptical of it.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
If you time out from the character screen to the waiting room, you'll only have like 15 seconds to wait for brawl to start as opposed to 70.

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
...Only it's still searching for people while you choose your character/stage. So timing out on those screens effectively does nothing.

The true way to get a 1vs1 is complete chance. First the situation where the game is unable to find 2 other players must occur (which isn't all that impossible, you just have no control over it), and then when that situation does arise, you need to hope CPUs aren't forced. (which sometimes can be impossible since it's random - more so leaning toward CPUs).

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
so basically if your still reading this, it is decided by luck, and you sir are one lucky guy, go buy yourself a lotto ticket and split the winnings!

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, all my 1vs1s on With Anyone were with good players. I never get true 1vs1s with noobs. Dunno why.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Why play Basic Brawl for online 1v1s? Use the Brawl Faux Finder.

I really hate the online CPUs. It's incredibly embarrasing getting beat by one.

@Volt7x: I have the same occurance. XD

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
Honestly i believe getting CPU's is based on your skill level vs the skill level of the player you're facing. I'm a peach mainer and everytime i go on with anyone, 9/10 times i get CPU's added into my 1v1's. When i play with my secondaries, i get 1v1's a lot more often.

It just comes down to chance really :S

Top Bottom