• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can three 16-17 year olds travel cross-country cheaply?

PCyph

Smash Apprentice
First time poster, long time lurker.

Well see, we're all from Marlborough, Massachusetts(near boston I guess you could say), and we're looking to go to the tournament in Antioch on July 10th, we looked at all these different rates, train, bus, planes, driving but they all pose some problems and price. I was wondering if you guys could provide any insight.

The things we're focused on are:

1. Price - We're willing to probably spend around 200 dollars per person on travel alone I guess, hopefully cheaper.

2. Transportation - Once in Antioch, getting from the airport, station, or whatever else to the tournament is going to be tough, not to mention the trip from wherever we're staying. Wwe can't rent cars as we are too young.

3. Speed - Less time on the road/in the sky = less time we're away from home = less money on food and all of those petty living expenses haha.

4. Where to stay - Once in Antioch where could one stay thats close to the place for cheap?

I guess there are other things we should take into account but this is all I can think of, PLEASE GIVE US HELP. If we can figure this out you're going to see one nasty Olimar in action courtesy of my dear friend Pedro :laugh:

later.

EDIT: We're also not looking to drive, expensive gas + ****ty teenage cars = bad idea. Plus it would take like, a week.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
That doesn't really sound possible. :(

Although I flew to LA and back on a little over $200.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Hitchhiking is the way to go.

And sleeping under bridges.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well there IS a way to get more money.

But you guys are minors.
If you are thinking what I am thinking, you just have to find the right person...

You can find people all over the place into things like that...

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
see if anyone else from around your area is going. offer to throw down cash to carpool. while it seems unlikely that anyone would travel this far in a car to go to a tourney, it is possible, i suppose. you could even try traveling part of the way via mass transit and then meeting up with someone who's carpooling the rest of the way.

**** though, that's a really tight budget for something like that. good luck.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I have plenty of experience with traveling as a teenager and the best prices I'd get for just getting from airport to airport(as I had people to pick me up) was 340, round trip.

Not so good for your situation, with the way the economy is right now+gas prices. :/

PCyph

Smash Apprentice
Oh I have a job, so does one other kid. But the one who is actually amazing at Brawl doesn't, and I don't think I could spare the cash with insurance, college, all that bull****.

I'm going to look into the carpooling thing for sure. Train roundtrip is like, 250 per person I saw, but it takes like 3 days haha. 3 days on a god **** train.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
you would stop..

dude if you want it
you'll find a way...just not for under 200 dolars

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
win tournies (how i got 100 bucks for genesis) get sponsorships (how i got the rest of my money for genesis) save up your allowance/food/gas/drug money or get a job (though its realy hard nowadays, ****ing economy)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
getting a job is no easy task...just screw it and save for genesis.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You can throw all your money together, but unless you carpool (which would probably be cheapest), it wouldn't really matter because you'd still have to buy tickets separately.

Top Bottom