• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How can people hate ROB?

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I don't really know why ROB gets so much hate >_< I remember this happening when Mario Kart DS got released.

D. M.

Smash Rookie
Well, R.O.B. only saved us here, got the NES to be on shelves here. Famicom Robot was moreso a new game accessory in Japan, sold seperately but well loved. Japan never suffered the 1983 crash.

People don't like R.O.B. because one of the following or more:

a) They dislike the roster.

b) They never played the Robot Series with or without a R.O.B. (still fun for me, either way)

c) They are Mario fans who disliked his role in Mario Kart DS.

e) They don't like the Robot Series, which is a reasonable reason.

Take note I love R.O.B. too much to not be biased here. I never got the chance to play the NES with the Buddy, but I've played Gyromite many times without him and loved it, and the concept of the robot amazes me. I have a R.O.B. to hold my camera on a shelf of mine to express fandom.

mike2014

Smash Rookie
The reason people dont like R.O.B is because he is pretty much a useless character(I dont hate him,I just dont think he should be in as a PLAYABLE character.

Crazy Ace 01

Smash Apprentice
Originally Posted by blkchocobo101
lolz rob is col and all but dont u think some 1 els better could take his job like shadow or knucles or like dark samus or toad no nvm toad sucks but some 1 good that every 1 would wish for /=
This is from youtube.

Reasons people are stupid:

7. Youtube comments

Yoshi gets a few haters here and there (for some strange reason), so I feel the pain of the ROB fan. I've watched a lot of videos of him in Brawl and think he makes an extremely original and unique character.

I'm also a big fan of Mario Kart DS and I was happily surprised by his unexpected appearance in that game.

ROB is a laser shooting, arm whirling, jet-powered robot. What more do you people want?

Reno>

Smash Journeyman
Finally Robotic Beings Rule The World!

Folt

Smash Ace
Title: How can people hate ROB?

I do not get why people keep flaming this guy. It's not like we shouldn't have expected an, um, unexpected character (Ness from SSB64 + Game/Watch from SSBM, anyone?). What's with the bad rap?
Because people don't know that he changed video game history in America by convincing
toy retailers that ROB and the "funny little thing that comes with it" is a "toy"?

Personally, I mean that ROB has definitely earned his spot moreso than both Ridley or
K.Rool, and I wanted both of them. ROB has definitely been a hero of video gaming, not
because he was IN a video game but because he was OUT of it. He excisted OUTSIDE of
video games and was marketed together with the NES as a "toy", not as a "video game",
because the toy retailers meant that video games was a fad that was over.

And it worked. It convinced enough retailers to stock it for a valid test market. The smart
people who were tired of BAD video games and saw it's commercials knew that it was a
trojan horse, and that the real deal was the NES. It would almost certainly work on the
stupid, and it gave the smart ones an effective argument for convincing their parents
to buy it, for everyone who saw the NES in action KNEW that THIS console sold GOOD
games.

Once one person gets it, they are going to boast of it. And once someone boasts someone
hears. And when someone hears, they will be influenced. And when someone finally had the
means of convincing, people WILL be convinced. This allowed Nintendo to convince people to
buy the NES, retailers to stock it, and the video gaming market in America was saved.

After the second year of selling the NES (with ROB) they dropped the ROB, and the NES
MANAGED to sell on it's own. The Video Gaming Market in America was SAVED. And that is
all because of one single crappy real life product that had two crappy games. Video gamers
of America OWE this guy, as history would be completely different if not for that little robot.
It is the saviour of video games as it did not excist INSIDE a video game: it excisted on the
OUTSIDE, and that is why I mean it deserves it's spot: it is a true hero. I think it's kind of a
video game character, because it did not excist INSIDE. It excisted OUTSIDE, helping
Nintendo save the video game industry.

You shouldn't hate it, because you OWE it.

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
ROB is a laser shooting, arm whirling, jet-powered robot. What more do you people want?
You forgot to mention that he can spin tops really, really fast.:lick: R.O,B. is one of my top six, and I hate it when people bag on him.:mad:

IrishSheikah

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B. is sponsered by Geek Squad because R.O.B. is major-league badass. I'm just worried MY R.O.B. will get a virus. Oh no......sirens would roar and he would yell "TERROR ERROR, TERROR ERROR, 101 NOT ABLE TO COMPUTE!!!!!"

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I think most people wanted that stupid puppet Geno in instead of R.O.B.
Remember that R.O.B saved Nintendo, and without him, not even the first Smash bros game would exist since Nintendo would have been outta business, IF IT WASNT FOR R.O.B.

http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/july03/25smartest/index22.shtml
That right there is the biggest reason why R.O.B should be respected and Loved.

Me Maining him will be my way of saying "Thanks" to R.O.B.

Olaf

Smash Cadet
Rob is there, and hes cool. hes interesting.
i think a part of why hes disliked is that he's slow. look at how many people didnt play ganondorf.
people are always talking about kkrool. i agree, he should have been there. probably as a boss like ridley. hes not there. i got rob. im fine with that.
im also under the impression that a lot of people who want geno didnt play mario RPG when it came out. but thats a totally seperate issue. anyways, nintendo chose to make rob a new, interesting, tactical character. hes nifty, and im going to try to take him seriously.

Top Bottom