• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS How are you buying Smash 4 on 3DS?

NivinyaFate

Smash Cadet
NNID
Fate684
3DS FC
2423-4511-5468
I'm getting digital as even if the eshop has problems I'll likely get it much sooner that way than I would get a chance to pick up a physical copy.

LinkSword93

Smash Cadet
NNID
Umdytr
3DS FC
3668-9197-4509
I'll go physical for this game. It might be more convenient to just have it on the SD whenever, but with my favorite games I just prefer to own the card.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Physical. I don't have enough space on my SD card and I'm too cheap to get a new one.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Digital all the way. There will never be a time that I won't want Smash in my system to play on-the-fly when I'm away from home, and I absolutely hate carrying around 3DS cartridges with me. I don't want a carrying case either as I want my 3DS in my pocket.

I did the same thing with Animal Crossing. A friend of mine got it physically and usually never has it on him when he has the urge to play (if he's away from home), whereas I can always play it on the spot if I want to check on my town.

Don't get me wrong, I like having physical media (I have physical version of most of my 3DS games), but this is a case of convenience and ease-of-play trumping the novelty value for me. Smash is too repayable to take out of my system.

Plus it's cheaper due to no retail tax and no driving being required. :chuckle:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Digital - I'll go hard copy for the wii u - but since we control our own data and we can back it up on multiple SD cards there's less aversion for digital copies for me.

There's also nothing special coming out with this release, so why do it?

Last edited:

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
I'm getting it alongside the Limited Smash Bros 3DS XL Bundle:3
So it'll be digital for me. Usually I hate buying retail games digitally, but Smash is an exception (TBH it's really the one game I want permanently accessible no matter what) :3

SSBBphenom

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSBBphenom
3DS FC
3368-3003-7322
I've been trying to decide between physical and digital for quite a while now but i'm still not sure.

Assuming the next Nintendo handheld (after the new Nintendo 3DS) is backwards compatible like their handhelds usually are, and that it's not just a part of their next home console, I would want to know would it be able to play any 3DS games that i've bought digitally (like New Leaf) from my SD card. If it's a case of me needing the physical copy to play it on the next system, i'd be disappointed that i'm losing all my digital 3DS games and having to try to find and buy Sm4sh 3DS again if I want to play it for whatever reason. I usually prefer physicals but if i'm gonna play it as much as I want to play this digital might be a better idea.

Maybe I won't even care about this version by the time the next gen handheld comes out but I can't help but wonder because I over think things lol.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I preordered my copy at Gamestop, I'll be going there right after school. That or I'll check if I can go there late on the 12th, because I live in Hawaii so it might release earlier for me because of Time Zone differences.

flacofaloc

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one whos still annoyed that digital copies of games are the same price as physical? I've always felt that part of the price for physical was to cover the boxes, printing, booklets, etc. It seems like in this generation (PS4, X1, WiiU) if they really want the"Digital Age" to pick up, they need to drop the prices at least 10 dollars.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Still going old school with the physical version and since I preordered it, I should be able to get at launch. The digital version takes too much space even on a 4 GB SD card.

Last edited:

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Pre-ordered the physical version of Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS back in June at a Best Buy during SmashFest and will be picking it up from said store in about....9 days and a handful of hours give or take.

Webwipe

Smash Rookie
Physical, the exclusive purpose being reselling it with my 3ds XL when it comes out for WiiU

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
Preordered mine...Personally like having physical copies of games over digital versions.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I'll be doing a digital purchase. I gotta get the game asap!

I'm just hoping that it will actually be at midnight, versus Theathrhythm Curtain Call, from IIRC, did not show up for digital purchase into later on in the day. :p

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Physical so I can have the box.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Digital, I plan on having Smash 3D and Pokemon ORAS avaliable downloaded sincw they'll be the games I play the most on my 3DS. I want yo have those two games + a card at any given time. (I already have AC:NL downloaded for that purpose)

Last edited:

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
Pre-Ordered Physical Copy Online. Might take an extra day to get the game, but I might be to busy that weekend to pick up the game at a store.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Downloading since I'm at college with no car and the nearest Gamestop is over 2 miles away.

pikafire

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2509-2906-9493
I'm getting a physical copy around 5pm on release day, gotta wait til after work. I thought about getting the digital copy to play it before work, but I think I can wait. I'll still have the demo :052:

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
WHAAAAAAAAAT?! How does that happen? I only buy in digital when a game doesn't come to America in physical like Senran Kagura, Ace Attorney Dual Destinies and Tomodachi Life (This one I never found it in stores)
It can happen if your SD card is damaged although it is extremely rare.

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
I'll probably get the physical copy later in the afternoon. I've gotten a few digital games before, but I'd rather not do that with Smash.

FinalArcadia

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalArcadia
It'd definitely be nice to have it always available thanks to digital, but I'm so set in my ways with physical releases that I'll get a physical copy.

Chocobo Link

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4253-3960-6377
I got trust issues when it comes to digital downloading games now-a-days (RIP first AC:NL copy)

But seeing how the game'll be sold out on probably the first day here, I'm just gonna go digital because I'm that pumped for it. And if the SD card's data gets corrupted (like my Melee and Brawl's data were erased) and becomes unplayable and I have to restart, then I'll go and buy a physical copy.

Fathom778

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPSICANEX2
Though I like hard copies so much more ,but I can't pre-order, so I'm get the digital so I don't have to go down to Gamestop in my underwear and wait in line for 5 hours.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
Physical copy I am not a fan of Nintendo's digital distribution system.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Digitally. I'm not found of carrying around my various games just in case I happen to want to play said games. Therefore, I always go digital unless there's some amazing collectors edition or something like that. Plus I can download it at 10:00PM my time which means I can feel like I'm playing the game earlier than anyone else lol ;)

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
I'm getting it on eShop so I can carry it everywhere without a cartridge. Does anyone know when it releases on eShop? 12 eastern time, pacific?

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
I usually prefer physical but I'm going with digital this time around. I'm too hyped to wait any longer so I'm buying it off the eshop at midnight. I just hope a 2GB SD card is enough space for it...

Top Bottom