• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How are we Going to Deal with the Casuals?

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
You'd be surprised how some people play..I once had a girlfriend that only wanted to play Super Smash Bros. Melee where we just 'messed around' and would get mad if I ever tried to fight..she literally only wanted to jump around and walk on the stage..it was beyond boring..
You poor soul... I'd be so bored too...

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
Well the creator of the game says it's a party game first, so we can shove it into EVO with a new ruleset and yes the game is wildly popular so ofc it's the most watched stream :p
It's a fighting game...here, lemme pull up the definition of a fighting game.

"Fighting game is a video game genre in which the player controls an on-screen character and engages in close combat with an opponent. These characters tend to be of equal power and fight matches consisting of several rounds, which take place in an arena."

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Sakurai >
It's a fighting game...here, lemme pull up the definition of a fighting game.

"Fighting game is a video game genre in which the player controls an on-screen character and engages in close combat with an opponent. These characters tend to be of equal power and fight matches consisting of several rounds, which take place in an arena."
I'll stick to the creator of the series on this one, kthx.

If anything it's a party/fighting game, even when the rules are changed to make it more skill based rather than luck based (No items, banning 90% of stages)

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai >

I'll stick to the creator of the series on this one, kthx.

If anything it's a party/fighting game, even when the rules are changed to make it more skill based rather than luck based (No items, banning 90% of stages)
Yeah I can agree to it being a party/fighting game.

Top Bottom