• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how and why is brawl any worse then melee???

Status
Not open for further replies.

n64dude

Smash Cadet
o.k. ign gave brawl a 9.5 and melee a 9.6 i am wondering wat is worse aout brawl because brawl does nothing worse than melee right. only better?

graphics brawl better then melee
characters more characters and better
stages better ,than melee more stages

it has more trophies, it has stickers
it has online
it has stage builder

so I think it should of gotten above a 9.6 if it has everything melee has or better. it should have gotten better than that like a 9.7 or 9.8 . i am just wondering which one to get, because acording to them melee is better wat do u think???:confused::mad::urg:

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Typically, a big part of reviews is how much the game in a series improves over it's past.

If Melee was a big improvement over SS64 and Brawl was a mild improvement over Melee... then that could dictate why it didn't get a better score.

Sides, 9.5 is still good. I'm just glad the game isn't getting perfects across the board. Then I'd be worried about reviewer integrity and if Nintendo is sending Ninten-jas out to kill anyone who gives it less then perfect. O_o

Smash Cadet
Oh my god. A .1 difference. Maybe it's because they didn't remember they gave Melee a 9.6 so they could rate Brawl higher or maybe it was because they rated Brawl based on being it's own game, and not a sequel?

TwilightSky

Smash Cadet
Well Brawl could have been better and thats probably why they gave it 9.5, 9.5 is still great though.

ClickOnTheLink

Smash Cadet
Why all the fuss over a 0.1 difference? Plus you really can't compare these scores especially when you mention graphics. When Melee was released, the graphics were some of the best around, but comparing Brawl to other games out at the moment, it's obvious that it's lacking in some areas.

Doctor T

Smash Journeyman
I could care less about what people rate the game. People get so caught up in ratings sometimes that they forget what's most important: the game being Fun. Many of my all-time favorite games got mediocre or even bad reviews, and do I like them any less for that? Of course not.

Really, we'll only be able to tell which game is better after Brawl has been out for a while. And it looks like its going to surpass Melee, at least in my opinion.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Typically, a big part of reviews is how much the game in a series improves over it's past.

If Melee was a big improvement over SS64 and Brawl was a mild improvement over Melee... then that could dictate why it didn't get a better score.

Sides, 9.5 is still good. I'm just glad the game isn't getting perfects across the board. Then I'd be worried about reviewer integrity and if Nintendo is sending Ninten-jas out to kill anyone who gives it less then perfect. O_o
agree about the improvements part, for instance TP and WW are better than OoT in almost every way, but why is OoT better rated than those 2? because OoT was REVOLUTIONARY, completely HUGE jump from ALttP to create a game unlike anything before it.

WW and TP on the other hand are just OoT +1 and OoT +2, they not only strictly adhere annoyingly to the general story arc of OoT (meet Zelda, what the games not over yet!?, where's Zelda?, oh Zelda was with you the whole time, lets save zelda!, ganon dies) but didn't advance much in the combat system (z targeting was only implemented because there was no such thing as dual analogs back then...) and the graphics weren't such landmark achievements (WW was good for its time but not best of the business like OoT).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom