• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How 2 Speak Jamaican Patois

Status
Not open for further replies.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
How 2 Speak Jamaican Patois
kc4u give yu some of di meaning them, but mi ago gi yu some a di slang n translation ok unno saggle up.

USA:its been a long time since i have seen you, girl
JA: long time gwal mi nuh si yu or gal yuh nuh dead yet

USA: where did you buy that awful bracelet cindy
JA: a weh yuh buy dat deh big ole ugly bangle deh missus

USA: i think something is wrong with cindy, she might have the flu
JA: lard gad, breeze tek up cindy

USA: girl those shoes are the bomb
JA: gyal, yuh roach killa dem a seh one out deh

USAh my gosh, i just broke mom's expensive plate
JA: lard mi gad, mi bruk up mama stoosh cracky

USA: aren't those pants a bit short
JA: yuh did a expect flood ar yuh tek yuh measurement inna wata

USA: why are you squeezing the mangoes like that
JA: mi a beg yuh stap feel-up feel-up mi mango dem suh ya sah

USA: sir, please don't throw my luggage like that
JA: buff teet bwoy, tap fling mi bag dem suh man

USA: i wish you would quit lying
JA: tap di blinkin lyin, yuh ole liyad

USA: lift the hood off the car for me please john
JA: hey my yute, fly di bonnet fi mi deh nuh

USA: i am waiting for a taxi and its taking so long
JA: but wait, nuh robot naw run tiday

USA: oh the poor little boy is handicapped
JA: but cooh pan di lickle invalid

if unno want more, jus mek mi hear unno seh ''gi mi some more''
unno fi smile a while n give unno face a rest still, seen

I'm not a Jamaican BTw, i just know stuff and a friend of mines did want me too teach him stuff...you know how you are!!! lol I'm a bahamain!!

DC

Smash Cadet
Haha sucks a lot of people won't understand this. But my dad is Jamaican and he brings friends over that talk just like this. It's awesome.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Haha sucks a lot of people won't understand this. But my dad is Jamaican and he brings friends over that talk just like this. It's awesome.
I agree, my mom is also Jamaican/uk and my dad is Dominican. I love when my mom's family from Jamaica and England visit. Great times :)

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
I agree, my mom is also Jamaican/uk and my dad is Dominican. I love when my mom's family from Jamaica and England visit. Great times :)

Haha yeah its pretty cool for me too. my dad is Jamaican/dominican, and this father is from PortLand, My mom is Dominican/bahamain shes ****ing mix up lol idk for sure, so its fun that i know this stuff, i could pretty much understand what there saying, but everybody told me that i talk like a Jamaican, like everybody i meet outside the bahamas, I'm not a Jamiacans I'm a bahamain, i dont think we sound alike anyways , hope this thread help you guys out too understand stuff=D

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
best thread ever made. half of my family is west indian. this is some good stuff

Haha, thats cool dude i wasn't even talking like this to Winterfast and somehow i would always
get that "Wtf you just said" look >_< Gay no one understood me that well u_u

are you going to Apex?

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I figured maybe we can start an alliance as a Caribbean and maybe someday we can thrash the American Players in a tournament.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
@shounenkel. I love your vids with peach. We have a peach player in jamaica named tossy. you should chat to him. his following the ways of armada and macD.

timchuks87

Smash Rookie
I saw this thread on some other forum. Quite an interesting attempt at translating jamaican patois very adept translation. But looking at translation of patois, sometimes it seems more subjective than from a global library. I take an English word and distort it the way i want, is that really patois.?

F Zero

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was more of a joke than a literal translation.

Awesome thread, I laughed at almost every one.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
I saw this thread on some other forum. Quite an interesting attempt at translating jamaican patois very adept translation. But looking at translation of patois, sometimes it seems more subjective than from a global library. I take an English word and distort it the way i want, is that really patois.?

Yup... Hbox asked me about makein this thread so i did :)

I thought it was more of a joke than a literal translation.

Awesome thread, I laughed at almost every one.
Hey dude, Uhh its Shounenkel... we meet at Winterfast last year?. I;m the guy from the Bahamas,

Purple

Hi guys!
I was wondering how in the world I missed this thread when i have no life check all of the threads.

But okay this makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom