• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i've lived there 50,000 times and cleaned the house 500,000 times. there was a period while i was over there where the house actually stayed clean even when people came over... but not gonna get into that, all i have to say is this: austin is the problem

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This topic is going places.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The joke tournament known as EVO has finished.

Here is the top 25

image.jpg

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The only matches that were even remotely interesting were Abadango matches. Everything else was pretty...standard.

Last edited:

Lucy_ya dawg

Smash Cadet
No one walks over me. I tell me people to clean all the time, but if person x comes over and we play doubles till 4 in the morning nothing is going to be clean by the time person y comes over and starts the next round of what Houston calls "The Vortex". I'm not pointing fingers, i'm saying it's going to happen regardless of you lording that ownership right over them because our house is basically a mini tournament hub at times. I do exercise the right to say deal with tho it (which i did) all are welcome or you can eat a big bowl of blueberry frosted baby back rib mini dikz.
lol ill. sync hasn't cleaned since the slaves were freed.
you see......"The Vortex is matter... The Vortex is antimatter... The Vortex can see your past...The Vortex can see your future... The Vortex consumes time... And The Vortex will consume you!"

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No one walks over me. I tell me people to clean all the time, but if person x comes over and we play doubles till 4 in the morning nothing is going to be clean by the time person y comes over and starts the next round of what Houston calls "The Vortex". I'm not pointing fingers, i'm saying it's going to happen regardless of you lording that ownership right over them because our house is basically a mini tournament hub at times. I do exercise the right to say deal with tho it (which i did) all are welcome or you can eat a big bowl of blueberry frosted baby back rib mini dikz.
lol ill. sync hasn't cleaned since the slaves were freed.
you see......"The Vortex is matter... The Vortex is antimatter... The Vortex can see your past...The Vortex can see your future... The Vortex consumes time... And The Vortex will consume you!"
Man, I miss playing that game...

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
Yeah I lost to Dapuffster then Vinnie.

No EXP against custom brawler.
Vinnie was good. I personally think Karna is better in the Diddy MU.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh Melee...you look so fun.

Why can't Smash 4 be as exciting? It makes me sad...

Last edited:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
This was actually the first time I thought Melee finals weren't that hype. I was a bit more into smash 4's fights. Melee was still entertaining tho

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Grand finals were definitely not hype, but matches leading up to it were. Plup and Axe though...

Smash 4's fights were considerably less exciting by far. A few were interesting, but it's like...you rarely saw stuff that wasn't very new or crazy except for like Abadango.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Melee was boring like normal. 14 years of fox. Plup (though he used a lot of sheik) was entertaining when he went the brown lesbian.

Smash 4 was fun to watch. Abadango's PacMan gave me hope.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes, run away with Pacman and you'll do great.

That's the hope and message people want. Run away more.

Yep.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I remember the days in Brawl when running away was considered skill.

I will never accept that world.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Hey guys, I made a thread about the KSL Summer Championships happening this coming Saturday.

http://smashboards.com/threads/jul-25-2015-ksl-summer-championships-houston-tx.410740/

FYI, there will be no stream due to the venue's lack of internet. Also, we will have to use/learn Tio for the event since Challonge won't work. We still do have a recording setup so matches can be seen post tourney. Commentary will either be strictly monitored or non-existent, still debating the best way to approach that. Come out if you can, definitely will be fun.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Everyone loses their mind at hungrybox planking but no one cares that Foxes just lazer camp Puff anyway or that that MU is atrocious

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The problem is hungrybox went in with the specific goal of timing him out, but Armada showed that if you want to commit to degenerate gameplay, then don't be surprised when someone is better at it than you are.

Sort of like when Larry timed out the Villager. Don't start **** if you aren't prepared for the consequences when someone can do it better.

We're all capable of degenerate gameplay, so it's up to the community as a whole of we want to go down that path and make the game not fun.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't see going into the match with the intention of timing out to be a ''problem':applejack:

And of course Fox does it better, it's ****ing Fox:applejack:

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, then it shouldn't be a "problem" if someone respond to degenerate gameplay with degenerate gameplay. I'm sure Armada is very capable of playing like that 24/7 if he wanted, but he chooses not too and only does it as a response. Same thing with Larry, he could run away all day if he wants to but chose only to do it as a response.

Again, the point being is don't start **** if you're not ready to deal with it when someone does it better.

It's up to the players how they conduct themselves and how crappy the meta becomes.

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
"Dark Pit is a Best Buy exclusive coming exclusively to physical store locations on July 31, 2015."

Well **** you too nintendo

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
@ Zano Zano Seriously consider importing if you don't care about packaging. Of course our local amiibo tycoon might hook you up...for a price.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Everyone loses their mind at hungrybox planking but no one cares that Foxes just lazer camp Puff anyway or that that MU is atrocious
DEAL WITH IT

The problem is hungrybox went in with the specific goal of timing him out, but Armada showed that if you want to commit to degenerate gameplay, then don't be surprised when someone is better at it than you are.

Sort of like when Larry timed out the Villager. Don't start **** if you aren't prepared for the consequences when someone can do it better.

We're all capable of degenerate gameplay, so it's up to the community as a whole of we want to go down that path and make the game not fun.
Exactly. Happened to me when some custom villager tried to time me out/camp me. I quickly turned the tides on dat ass and I did it with Mario

Top Bottom