• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^Don't forget to use the promo codes to get 5 dollars off.

Xyro, once again, please explain to me why EVERYONE has to pay in the Amateur Bracket pot with 33% of their entry fee instead of just allowing people who drown in pools to sign up and pay separately? All that does is give someone bad like....twice as much money as they would have gotten.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh, I guess they expired last week. Thats what you get for waiting til the last minute.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Also there was a deal to get in for 20 dollars and you missed that one too. Came with a free T shirt I think.

sheikamaru

jive
das rite. what difference is there if we wait till the door or buy passes early, xyro?

sorry about your ltop sync. i'd be mad salty if i just got my brand new comp w/ cracks in it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
^Don't forget to use the promo codes to get 5 dollars off.

Xyro, once again, please explain to me why EVERYONE has to pay in the Amateur Bracket pot with 33% of their entry fee instead of just allowing people who drown in pools to sign up and pay separately? All that does is give someone bad like....twice as much money as they would have gotten.
Wait wha??????

If you are "BAD", you will drown in pools, do ****ty in AM bracket and win zero money. I'd you are "OK" or "DECENT", you may or may not drown in pools but you will do fine in AM bracket and prob make some money. If you are "GOOD" or "AMAZING" you will not not drown in pools and u will have a shot at top 7 money/pot bonus.

I'm making every body put in money at first because it will be a hassle later to 1) FIND all the pool losers and 2) Get them to agree to join an AM bracket(it's easier to force people than ask). Also, AM bracket winners historically get ****ty payout and that's fine but this time I want them to feel like it was WORTH winning. We lack this in TX now days. As a TO my focus has been shifted to getting more players into the scene and making them RETURN even if they lose. I say this because we are about to lose LOTS(and I mean LOTS) of players after whobo 4. I'm hoping this altered AM bracket idea will help spark some life into tx.

:phone:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
As a TO my focus has been shifted to getting more players into the scene and making them RETURN even if they lose. I say this because we are about to lose LOTS(and I mean LOTS) of players after whobo 4. I'm hoping this altered AM bracket idea will help spark some life into tx.
Your ship is sinking! Get with the times and just play Project: M already

Xyro77

Nope.

If I want melee, I'll play melee. If I want brawl, I'll play brawl. Brawl will never be melee no matter what people do to it. Also, project M will die like all the other versions before it. Things like brawl- and brawl+ and balanced brawl.

Xyro77

It's not melee. That game came out in 2001 for gcn.

Brawl will never live up to its greatness

Xyro77

Breitling Emergency Watch.

The first watch to have an emergency radio frequency signal IN the watch. If you pull the pin to activate the signal and it's a false alarm. U can be fined up to 50,000$

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wesker does not appreciate your lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom