• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
We might as well play on every stage at this point.

I agree Tesh, I think Yoshi's Island would be a fine stage. It can't be any worse than Suzaku Castle at least.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I'm honestly surprised xyro doesn't have mario circuit as a cp considering a lot of stuff he does have instead, is there a reason for that mr sims?

Teshie U

Smash Lord
^Yo can we swap out wii fit/coliseum for some more exciting walkoffs? Lets get Yoshis Island, Mario Circuit (MK8 version) and then we can have a good time cping.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yes, add more Sheik-favored stages. Give in to the darkness...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Party-pooper, no fun allowed.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
(TGC) Texas Gaming Championships Funplex Venue Tour Room 1 & 2
Directions: There are 2 rooms in the video. Room 1 is the 1st room and that is the Smash 4 room. How to get to that room is when you get in the parking lot of Funplex you will see a sign that says "Bowling". Walk inside of the doors and come into the bowling alley. Look to the left and start walking forward. You will past the Bar and the Restrooms. You will see some stairs, walk up those stairs and that is were Room 1 will be.

Room 2: To get to Room 2 from the front you can use the same directions as Room 1. When you get into Room 1, you will walk straight and go down the stairs like in the video and see a room to your left. That is Room 2 and that is for FGC/Melee/BYOC games. You can also get to Room 2 from the front from the patio area. Look for the "Bowling" sign outside and there is a patio to the left and some doors. Come though those doors and Room 2 will be located to your left. Check video to see the doors.
For clarity's sake, I will reiterate the post ABK made above on the venue.

1. The first room you see in the video is the room that is solely Dedicated to smash 4. No other game will be in that room.

2. The 2nd room, located directly below the Smash 4 room, is a room for everything else.

3. To reach the Smash 4 room you need to do the following:

A. Drive into the parking lot of FunPlex
B. Enter the double doors to the LEFT of the main entrance. These double doors are also to the RIGHT of the bar/patio area.
C. Once inside, head STRAIGHT and you will enter the bowling area.
D. Once inside the bowling area, turn LEFT and follow a path. The path will have a short wall on the left and bowling lanes on the right.
E. As you go down the path about 50-75ft, there will be a staircase on your LEFT. Go up the stairs and enter the door.
F. Welcome to TGC 4.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Should be changed to say "Be Luigi"

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Thats actually pretty cool tbh. If you don't want to lose your tech window, don't hug the stage when recovering.

This also means autolink moves can be made techable (like when I drag people into the stage with Bair). I always knew I was making it harder for them to tech, but I didn't know it would be impossible.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, it's ******** that this is how the game handles wallteching. Yet again, the game punishes you for trying to do the right thing because reasons.

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Considering how avoidable this is, I kind of appreciate that it punishes people riding the stage with their recoveries.

SDI might also prevent autolinks checkmating someone in any case.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Maybe, but it's ******** to add something just because reasons. Did Brawl have this? I want to say yes, but who knows. It's whatever, at least people will know better now.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Maybe, but it's ******** to add something just because reasons. Did Brawl have this? I want to say yes, but who knows. It's whatever, at least people will know better now.
I highly doubt its intentional. But, it may be a while before we truly know the intent. It seems like an oversight to me though.

Its extremely ironic to me that this has always been true for teching the ground in previous titles (you are on the ground so you cant tech it) and now the opposite is true.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I want tournaments to run until 3AM.

Let's goooooooooooooooooooo

Xyro77

Hello, boys and girls! Xyro here. Here is your 2nd to last TGC 4 update from me.

1. TGC 4 is this Saturday aka August 15th 2015.

2. This TGC is at a new venue and there are particular instructions on how to find the room that we are playing in. Please go to the tournament thread for more details http://smashboards.com/threads/aug-...eat-roy-gw-falco-challenge-houston-tx.409722/

3. There is a new character challenge (Roy/Falco/GW) and if you can complete it you will net a free $50 from me. For details on what exactly you need to do in order to win the money, go to the tournament thread.

4. Rules have been updated for TGC and Smash 4. Please be sure to read them or else risk being caught off guard.

5. This will be the final TGC in its current form. Be on the look out for a huge change in my Houston Smash 4 monthly series after TGC I will announce it very soon.

6. If you have any questions or concerns or comments, please text/call/message (FB/SmashBoards) me for anything and everything.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's okay, it'll be another year before they fight again.

By that time, Sheik will still have no changes, Luigi will have 5 kill setups from dthrow (add Usmash), and Wolf and Pichu will be added.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Lol this was our first time in Wii U so 1-0. Although he beat me in 3DS 0-2 against my poor Morton and newly hatched Falcon.

The nightmare is growing....

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I just realized that "Vomit Time" fits. I found a new tag for my Luigi.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sakurai is silly. Casuals still loved Melee. If you wanted to compete, you git gud. This applies for ANY competitive activity.

Xyro77

Sakurai is silly. Casuals still loved Melee. If you wanted to compete, you git gud. This applies for ANY competitive activity.
The curve is much more steep with Melee because it requires more tech/reflexes. Much more harsh than brawl and brawl 2.0x

Last edited:
Top Bottom