• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I was referring to patch from previous version, not overall total. If you want that, the clear winner at losing would be Greninja. Somebody on then dev team must be a Chespin/Fennekin user.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Good thing I hopped on the Greninja train after he got nerfed. I don't miss nothing. Still super hard to learn, but a solid mid tier.

Sorry, you'd have to be pretty blind to think that the nerfs didn't affect Sheik at all. They're nerfs. Any nerf to Sheik's killing potential is a big deal. She lost several kill moves namely Uair, Bair, and Bouncing Fish. She's still the best without those relying on those moves to KO early, but if she was still pre-patch (as in pre 1.04) Sheik, I'm pretty sure she'd be considered for a ban.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Anybody want to play WiFi? At a friends house for a week I'll be able to play for a short bit(:
NNID: TheGatorMan

AtDank

Smash Rookie
NNID
NinjaGnomie
3DS FC
4570-7718-6176
Hey all, I'm new to Smashboards and figured I'd introduce myself to the thread at large, as I'm likely to start posting regularly in it. I'm kind of late in getting into the competitive scene for Smash, but as of recently a friend and I are starting to take it more seriously and are going to start going to tournaments for 2v2s in PM and Wii U, and my friend will likely compete in 1v1s for Wii U, while I'll be competing in 1v1s in PM. I doubt I'll do singles for Wii U, but I might. Look forward to making more friends in the area to practice with. If anyone wants to play some 3DS friendlies right now I'm available for a little while.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Hey all, I'm new to Smashboards and figured I'd introduce myself to the thread at large, as I'm likely to start posting regularly in it. I'm kind of late in getting into the competitive scene for Smash, but as of recently a friend and I are starting to take it more seriously and are going to start going to tournaments for 2v2s in PM and Wii U, and my friend will likely compete in 1v1s for Wii U, while I'll be competing in 1v1s in PM. I doubt I'll do singles for Wii U, but I might. Look forward to making more friends in the area to practice with. If anyone wants to play some 3DS friendlies right now I'm available for a little while.
Welcome man! You should still practice your 1 vs 1 even though you're planning to main doubles. Build fundamentals and helps you when you're stuck in a 1 vs 1 situation in doubles (which is inevitable). I don't think many people play 3DS anymore unfortunately.

AtDank

Smash Rookie
NNID
NinjaGnomie
3DS FC
4570-7718-6176
Welcome man! You should still practice your 1 vs 1 even though you're planning to main doubles. Build fundamentals and helps you when you're stuck in a 1 vs 1 situation in doubles (which is inevitable). I don't think many people play 3DS anymore unfortunately.
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I figured nobody does, play the 3DS. I still don't have a Wii U, which is why I primarily play PM, because I'm not a very big fan of the DS controls, but I mean, I have it, and the only reason I play it is, like you said, to keep up with fundamentals. So, yeah, I do still play 1v1, and practice it, but I don't intend to compete.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Nintendo announces their e3 plans tomorrow at 9am PST

http://smashboards.com/threads/nintendo-to-announce-their-e3-plans-tomorrow.402431/

If they decide to stay off the stage and do another online presentation this will have been their 3rd year doing so. I really hope they dont. It is nice to stay at home and watch all the 4-5 major press conferences happen live in Cali. You get to feel the some of the emotions the mega nerds are experiencing live.

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Pre-recorded shows are fine. You don't need video game journalism to tell you what is good and what isn't.

Xyro77

Pre-recorded shows are fine. You don't need video game journalism to tell you what is good and what isn't.
No no there is nothing wrong with them.

I just prefer the live presentations. I get to hear crowd reactions (clapping/boo-ing) and the technical difficulties always make me laugh. Nothing like a good live show.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
So like I always found this weird and nobody ever brings it up but Sheik's bouncing fish sometimes does 14% against Bowser Jr. but every other character it does 12% and to my knowledge no one's ever pointed this out

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
Easy one. Bowser Jr. if I remember correctly takes less damage if hit at the Car/Helicopter thingy.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Bowser Jr. takes .85x damage from hit directed at his Clown Car and 1.15x damage if you hit his head or anytime during he is outside the Car for his UpB.

Just one of those tiny details most people do not know or care.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No no there is nothing wrong with them.

I just prefer the live presentations. I get to hear crowd reactions (clapping/boo-ing) and the technical difficulties always make me laugh. Nothing like a good live show.
That's a horrible waste of time when technical difficulties happen. And after that one year where MS had planted audience members cheering for the Xbone reveal, it doesn't matter what the audience does. Nintendo has the right idea.

Xyro77

That's a horrible waste of time when technical difficulties happen. And after that one year where MS had planted audience members cheering for the Xbone reveal, it doesn't matter what the audience does. Nintendo has the right idea.
And immediately after the x-bone reveal the media turned on them and we got to see the Xbox 180....multiple times. GENIUS!

AtDank

Smash Rookie
NNID
NinjaGnomie
3DS FC
4570-7718-6176
Oooh, I might be able to go to Smash Fight Club, but I don't think I'm going to be able to go the tourney at Comic Palooza, just because I'm short on cash because I'm going to the Comic Con in Dallas the weekend of the 29th.

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Oooh, I might be able to go to Smash Fight Club, but I don't think I'm going to be able to go the tourney at Comic Palooza, just because I'm short on cash because I'm going to the Comic Con in Dallas the weekend of the 29th.
Bummer about missing ComicPalooza :/

Say hey to me at SFC3, remind me, and i'll get one of your matches on stream since you'll be missing out :upsidedown:

AtDank

Smash Rookie
NNID
NinjaGnomie
3DS FC
4570-7718-6176
I'll do my best to be there, I just have to find a way to reschedule a project I'm working on. My dad owns an electrical business and I'm doing a project for him that has to be done by next Tuesday, so I'll have to find a way to get my workers to come Monday. If I can do that though, I'll be there.

Last edited:

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Anyone interested in going to DBA this weekend? I'm actually off this Sat without asking and would like to make a trip to Dallas since I've never been for Smash 4. Plus I hear there's a Link player there that's better than me. I need to prove him wrong.

Though I'd understand if some of you were turned off by 2 stock + customs.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I'd be interested but sadly can't
Looking for my first job currently so I can stop depending on others for money

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Anyone interested in going to DBA this weekend? I'm actually off this Sat without asking and would like to make a trip to Dallas since I've never been for Smash 4. Plus I hear there's a Link player there that's better than me. I need to prove him wrong.

Though I'd understand if some of you were turned off by 2 stock + customs.
I actually REALLY want to go but the Cypress vs Katy pm crew battle is that day

mattatat

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mtthwlol
Quick update: Due to a newly discovered space restriction, Melee will be removed from our event listings at our upcoming regional, Come And Take It. We apologize for any let down this causes, however, this allows us to focus on making our Smash 4 events that much better. We will be bumping up the initial pot bonus for singles from $300 to $500 with an additional $300 once we hit 100 entrants. We hope to see you May 30th!

Last edited:

AtDank

Smash Rookie
NNID
NinjaGnomie
3DS FC
4570-7718-6176
Looks like I'll probably be taking 2 friends with me to SFC, and possibly going to Smash University as well, with at least 1 friend. I live in the souther houston area, so UH is much closer and I probably wont regularly go to SFC due to the almost an hour drive just to get there, not to mention I dont have an EZTag. But I might end up getting an EZTag at some point if I really enjoy SFC, to go more often.

Xyro77

Looks like I'll probably be taking 2 friends with me to SFC, and possibly going to Smash University as well, with at least 1 friend. I live in the souther houston area, so UH is much closer and I probably wont regularly go to SFC due to the almost an hour drive just to get there, not to mention I dont have an EZTag. But I might end up getting an EZTag at some point if I really enjoy SFC, to go more often.

Yo, I live in Pasadena. You?

Xyro77

From what I am seeing online. Most of the songs in XBCX have lyrics. This is extremely disappointing if true.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I've really been thinking and I'd really like to have a secondary other than Sheik
I've considered Falcon Villager Shulk Zero Suit and a lot more characters and I'm just in a stump
I get Sheik is probably the best character in the game but I'd really just like someone else to follow up on in matchups I'm not comfortable in yet but I'm not sure who

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Def won't be supporting a cancerous ruleset. Count me out.

I actually REALLY want to go but the Cypress vs Katy pm crew battle is that day
I'd be interested but sadly can't
Looking for my first job currently so I can stop depending on others for money
Knife I would have gone, but I'm finding out about it too late unfortunately.
Damn. I don't want to go by myself, so I guess I'll pass too. Though that Austin regional looks like fun...

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I've really been thinking and I'd really like to have a secondary other than Sheik
I've considered Falcon Villager Shulk Zero Suit and a lot more characters and I'm just in a stump
I get Sheik is probably the best character in the game but I'd really just like someone else to follow up on in matchups I'm not comfortable in yet but I'm not sure who
Play ZSS. Super underrated high tier, in Houston at least.

Top Bottom