• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Smash Ultimate Thread

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
I am not racist and I'm not too self centered. I'm like any other person here in the scene.

The KJ comment is actually a GOOD thing. WarMachine is awesome.
Hey Xyro, you look like this guy:

What? That's supposed to be a compliment. Lex Luthor is awesome.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Last edited:

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
It's his intro. He is extremely important to the end of the Avenger series.

Just like HawkEye in Thor 1.

You only get a taste.
yeah i feel ya, just felt like they could have done a tad more.

Also good luck to everyone going to insomnia today! might show up....

Xyro77

Totally forgot Insomnia was going on.

I get off at 8:30 tonight so I couldn't go anyway. I'll prob see Avengers again or stay home and play WatchDogs.

Oni•n

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Onion546714
3DS FC
5129-2796-7326
Totally forgot Insomnia was going on.

I get off at 8:30 tonight so I couldn't go anyway. I'll prob see Avengers again or stay home and play WatchDogs.
You're going to watch Avengers again!? Jeez. You really are a nerd. Is it really that good?

Last edited:

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
I really wish I was a lot better at this game ugh
Ask everyone that beats you what you did wrong and what you can do differently/better. Watch your replays. Whenever you get hit, analyze why and what options would have more optimal.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gaius, you just gotta play more. That's the only reason why many people are good at the game. Some people have natural talent, but you can still overcome them if you put the practice in. It's just all about how much time and dedication you care to put into the game and wanting to get better. You also have to be careful about burn out, because playing too much will eventually hurt you.

Trust me on this.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
I dunno I get into these slumps a lot and I generally just have these feelings of defeat
Today for instance my school had this end of the year video game club thing and I TO'd a Smash 4 tournament
I seeded the bracket and put myself as first seed since I'm generally the best player tnere
I used a modified TGC ruleset and I thought everything would go in my favor but then I lost my first round
I felt defeated but shook it off and thought I'd just blow through Loser's
But then my best friend beat me for the first time and I was out
It was Sheik vs Falcon and I just couldn't kill him (I got him to above 200% twice) and I kept making bad mistakes like Vanishing on stage and got punished hard
It was honestly the worst I've ever played and I just felt defeated
I know I can improve and get better it just feels like sometimes I've peaked
I really want to get better and I will strive to be better I've just hit a slump

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Some people have natural talent, but you can still overcome them if you put the practice in..
Unless they put in the same amount of practice that you do. Even that's not true all the time.:applejack:

Last edited:

Kihrah

Smash Apprentice
I dunno I get into these slumps a lot and I generally just have these feelings of defeat
Today for instance my school had this end of the year video game club thing and I TO'd a Smash 4 tournament
I seeded the bracket and put myself as first seed since I'm generally the best player tnere
I used a modified TGC ruleset and I thought everything would go in my favor but then I lost my first round
I felt defeated but shook it off and thought I'd just blow through Loser's
But then my best friend beat me for the first time and I was out
It was Sheik vs Falcon and I just couldn't kill him (I got him to above 200% twice) and I kept making bad mistakes like Vanishing on stage and got punished hard
It was honestly the worst I've ever played and I just felt defeated
I know I can improve and get better it just feels like sometimes I've peaked
I really want to get better and I will strive to be better I've just hit a slump
Honestly the fastest way to improve is to play to LEARN instead of playing to WIN. If you watch any videos of me more than 2 months old you'll see me throwing grenades in neutral while I was practicing grounded b reversals during tournament matches. Because I play to learn, I can never get salty or too disappointed about results since I always learn something from every loss I take. If you're focusing more on results over actually getting better at something then losses can start messing with your mentality.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Honestly the fastest way to improve is to play to LEARN instead of playing to WIN. If you watch any videos of me more than 2 months old you'll see me throwing grenades in neutral while I was practicing grounded b reversals during tournament matches. Because I play to learn, I can never get salty or too disappointed about results since I always learn something from every loss I take. If you're focusing more on results over actually getting better at something then losses can start messing with your mentality.
This so much. I think a lot of people don't do this, and this hurts them. I rarely practice anymore, but every time I do play, I always try to fit in something new or interesting just to see if it works. It doesn't have to be something major, even subtle tests will help you learn more.

Especially in friendlies, try experimenting more. You don't have to win every friendly you play, sometimes it's better to test something or try something or new and crazy and see if you can read a person's reaction or if they do something unexpected as well.

Last edited:

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Avengers 1 was not good. It was ok at best. I'm hearing Avengers 2 is better. I'll see it later this week. So far, Winter Soldier is Marvel's best movie. I'll see if Avengers 2 changes this.

Also Allan, you're literally the biggest MCU fanboy here in regards to the movies. Your opinions on them are tainted.

Suspect, how's the salt in your city today? :)

Xyro77

DareDevil sucks
Electra sucks
Ghost rider 1 and 2 sucks
Cap 1 sucks
Blade 2 and 3 sucks
Solo woverine movies sucks
X-men 1st class sucks
Ironman 3 sucks

Fanboys would never admit this. Wrong again, Timbo

Last edited:

Whispy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LegendaryLui
i was about to post it, you beat me to it! i actually enjoy playing gnes alot. i have the funnest matches with him (no homo). i actually feel like im having the time of my life ! :) Big Props to him!

Edit: i also heard somone behind me saying gnes was playing his past self. haha xD

Last edited:

Xyro77

Did you use diddy? If so, then that is what they meant. They were in no way refering to skill.

Last edited:

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Pretty sure they were referring to the character but insulting Whispy's skill was necessary Xyro

Teshie U

Smash Lord
That was me. I didn't really mean much by it.

Just the horror of a Diddy shielding with a banana in his hand.

GaiustheThief

Smash Ace
NNID
GaiustheThief
3DS FC
5343-8142-6721
Whispy team with me double Puff
They'll fear the smile
That or kill us at 10%

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Who was Austin B? And congrats Whispy and Karna!(: lmao and PJ coming out of semi retirement to make it pretty damn far in bracket.

I'd go to fight club 2 today but I'm in full fledge final exam study mode so I'll be missing that. I'm leaving to San Antonio for the summer on Wed, so TGC2 was my last tournament in Houston until next semester most likely. I'll try to stop by Sync's before I leave

Top Bottom