• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread (Go to the Other One!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Ready to Brawl? In Super Smash Bros. Melee?!

It has become very evident that a separate thread for Melee players is needed for Houston and despite Houston's terrible track record with making too many threads in the past Dr. Drew has given me permission to make this possible so I thank him for his patience.

Previous tournament results:
"How Many Cavemen Can Fit on a Sinking Ship?"
Awkward Bunch of Characters Dueling Especially Fast (A-F)

Events!

Weeklies

AWL MoBO
(every other Saturday unless it is cancelled or conflicts with an event)
Axxo said:
(Axxo's Weekly Living Melee Or Brawl Orgie)
(Its Pronouncd "All-Mow-Bow")

A Tournament if more than 10 people show up.
Plz bring Set-ups

Tourny Rules: MLG Rule Set
Entry Fee: $4
Axxo Cool Fee: 4$ <-----Sry but need money to run these things.

Payout:
1st=60%
2nd=30%
3rd=10%

Call cell for any Questions
832-659-9561
Dates are: Febuary 21,

Pipes

Smash Rookie
Indeed. A melee thread is needed for all of the veterans who still miss all the advanced stuff.
I, for one, have given up on this great game. Hard as hell to find a working disk and I'm neer going to catch up with the major Melee players.
Think that's the reason many of us have switched to Brawl.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Its very silly to have two threads for houston melee up...just change the tourney thread to general houston melee.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i recommend close this one. his other thread would gets alot more attention. but the call i guess would be up to him

Stark

Smash Rookie
Haha, I guess. When's the next tourny BeBoBli? :) and yeah, I made this account since well I don't use my other anymore :)

-SFu

Stark

Smash Rookie
I was talking about the guy that posted in that tourny thread saying how he couldn't go and all. I'm gonna definely try to go to the next one though haha

-SFu

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
This is the central Houston Melee thread. The other thread is simply for that single event.

I'll be busy with work for the next couple of months so I would suggest somebody look into at least trying to host in place of me especially since Ronnie will be leaving in what may be a few months.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Are we still going to go to HOBO 12 for SSBM? I asked them about it but no one responded. And I can't host because I don't own my own place lol

My minds coming up blank XD

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Stiltz has said he has 0 problems with a melee tourney being thrown at hobo12, so I'm sure one will happen.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Yeah lol He said it was because there probably wouldn't be enough time

But there is a tournament in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on the 22nd of November. From Houston it's like a 4hr 12m drive, at least according to Google Maps.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Lol @ Baton Rouge being closer to houston than dallas. I'd be up for going, but OhSnap is that weekend..

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
We should start looking into a venue. Even if it's me hosting at least it won't be so crowded and I won't have to worry about a number of things. Where is Planet Zero relocating by the way? The manager was open to the idea of Melee tournaments. I just gotta approach him with a date. Also hoping it's in an easy to find area.

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
yooooo! been thinking about/talking about/wishing for a smashfest (or i guess meleefest to be more specific) needing to be thrown down for some of the veteran melee players. anyone wanna do something? shoo it could be a tournament or a open-to-anyone fest i dont care i just wanna smash. maybe even a small gathering.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
I have a car now. ... ... ... .. .. .. . . . . . Yep.

Anywho, anyone haveing any large like 4+ people melee gatherings going on?

If so text me: 713-505-8688

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ill make a deal with u wimps.

If i hold melee at my events? would you all go?I would be honored to have Bebobli run that part of the tournament. Think, if it has the HOBO name on it, people from all across the US will go(cause i draw in over 100 people at my tournies). And it will be a 2 day event so you arnt rushed.

think about it

Sybawave

Smash Ace
What the ****??? I asked you that before and you were totally like "No!"

And of course we will go...anything for Melee!!!

So who wants to hold a 5 person Smashfest? Let's ask Axxo lol like no joke

G@BE

Smash Lord
I'm looking for some people to get together on Sunday anyone interested in playing in the afternoon after I get out of Church?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Who's Revised??? (I should've learned these names at the tourney XD)

I am up for it...if someone wants to pick me up and drive way the heck up there and back

Is it going to be in Magnolia? Or will there be a different venue?

Jeremy...come down to the south side where Mouf and I are and play with us lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom