• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

House of Ylisse - Lucina Image Gallery (Updated 07/24/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
She does look better in the 3DS version, but I wouldn't say her Wii U model is "lifeless". :p It looks perfectly fine to me. I'd actually be surprised if they changed it.

Chaos15

Smash Apprentice
I am the Yuri Queen, and you shall get your source image, darling.
I'm dying from adorable. Long live yuri!
But seeing in this makes me wish Lucina was more expressive in Smash.
Lets hope the eventually fix that. And that they give Robin more hair options.

Hong

The Strongest
For what it's worth:

I think it's because the way the 3DS will be handling facial expressions is a replacement of simplified graphical assets. The 3DS is starved for CPU, and the demo build suffered frequent frame dropping. Meanwhile, on the Wii U, they can have facial expressions that will distort the facial characteristics and have calculations such as asset tracking, environmental response, etc. What I'm getting at is there is plenty of reason why it can be looking fine and ready to go on the 3DS, but they have left the Wii U graphics for a later time.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
For what it's worth:

I think it's because the way the 3DS will be handling facial expressions is a replacement of simplified graphical assets. The 3DS is starved for CPU, and the demo build suffered frequent frame dropping. Meanwhile, on the Wii U, they can have facial expressions that will distort the facial characteristics and have calculations such as asset tracking, environmental response, etc. What I'm getting at is there is plenty of reason why it can be looking fine and ready to go on the 3DS, but they have left the Wii U graphics for a later time.
Agreed.

I think it's also worth pointing out that, after the attention to detail in variable expressions we got in Mario Kart 8, I think we're going to see a lot more than just the blank looks, even if they haven't made it into the demos or pics.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman

What could be that soundwave-thing behind Lucina?
Pretty sure that's the counter animation, Little Mac has it too for his counter, it seems like it's the sweet spot for when a counter will happen, which I'm hoping hers is longer than Marths. Not that Marth's was short, it'd just help give her more of a niche as a more defined counter fighter than Marth or Ike.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Pretty sure that's the counter animation, Little Mac has it too for his counter, it seems like it's the sweet spot for when a counter will happen, which I'm hoping hers is longer than Marths. Not that Marth's was short, it'd just help give her more of a niche as a more defined counter fighter than Marth or Ike.
To add to that, the heart beat pulse is something associated with reactions in Japan I think (I only ever heard that on this forum somewhere, but it makes sense)

And am I the only one who loves how she looks on both versions? It could be worse, she could be an unmoving trophy :p

Another K-2L Survivor

The Zebesian Swordsman
US / Somewhere in deep space. Probably the former.
NNID
The_Last_Taguel
3DS FC
2681-0963-8959
To add to that, the heart beat pulse is something associated with reactions in Japan I think (I only ever heard that on this forum somewhere, but it makes sense)

And am I the only one who loves how she looks on both versions? It could be worse, she could be an unmoving trophy :p
You are not: I love both of her renders as well! They both do her justice in my book. Also, can't wait to toggle that mask.

DACSHeyes

Smash Cadet
Eh. Arvis and Deirdre were half siblings and had kids together, it's not like incest would be new in Fire Emblem or anything. Besides, there's 2000 years between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom