• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hot Wheels 3: Turn Up! SSBB/SSBM/UMvC3/TTT2/Injustice - June 22nd, 2013 - Rocky Mount, NC

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman

TO Contact:
I am *not* the actual TO for this event- I'm posting this thread on behalf of my friend Nick Denty (dAAAnty), who you can contact through the facebook event page.

2451 North Wesleyan Blvd
Rocky Mount, North Carolina 27804
Family entertainment center that has arcade games, go karts, and all that fun stuff. Pictures of the venue can be found on their facebook page.

Fees/Payouts:
Venue: $5
All events: $5
Payouts: 1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

General Rules:
-This is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller/Converter or Joystick) event.
-Tournaments are Double Elimination
-Matches are best 2 out of 3.
-Equipment malfunctions that pause/reset matches may result in game/match losses at the discretion of the tournament director.
-If a smaller turnout happens, games will be played in Round Robin format.

Brawl Singles Rules:
• 3 Stocks
• 8 Minute Time Limit
• Items set to “Off” and “None”
• Pause set to “Off”
• Starter stages: FD, BF, Smashville
• Counter-pick stages: PS1, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
• First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in 1-1 order.
• Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
• All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
• The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterrupted moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
• If the match ends with both players dying at the same time coincidentally, or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage.
• If a match is ended via suicide move, the initiator of the move wins.

Melee Singles Rules:
• Game version: US Nintendo Gamecube
• Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games
• Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
• Counter-pick Stages: Pokémon Stadium.
• Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
• First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in 1-2-2-1 order.
• Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
• You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

(No doubles tournament is planned for either game- side tournies, anyone?)

SSF4 Rules:
-Console will be Xbox360
-Best 2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches
-Losers/Winners/Grand Finals 2/3 rounds, 3/5 matches
-Winner keeps same character and ultra between matches, loser can change characters
-Random stage selection unless both players agree on a stage

UMvC3 Rules:
-Console will be Xbox360
-Best 3/5 matches
-No game breaking glitches allowed
-Winner must retain same team and order at player select screen, but may reorder by holding an assist during loading screens

UMvC3 Rules:
-Console will be PS3
-Best of 3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches
-Winner keeps same team and order between matches, loser can change characters
-No customization allowed during tournament matches

TTT2 Rules:
-Console will be PS3
-Best of 3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches
-Winner keeps same team and order between matches, loser can change characters
-No customization allowed during tournament matches

Injustice Rules:
-Console will be PS3
-(These rules are a work in progress. More details will be posted soon.)

Puca Readabook

Smash Apprentice
Since i would have to make a trip from South Carolina, i would only be interested in attending if there are a reasonable number of melee entrants.

oh and doesnt pp live in NC? he should go :D

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
May go. If Kai or Stockfield go, bring your yugioh decks guys! I've improved my deck tenfold!

:018:

Stockfield

Smash Champion
We'll probably be here dude. I'll DEFINITELY bring my deck. I recently almost topped at a Regional. I got 11th. So close :( lol.

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see this is moving for Brawl attendance. It'd be awesome if you guys could use the threads RSVP feature so we can have a convenient view of who's coming :)

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
I'm staying in Charlotte Friday night and taking people from there. I have a spot in my car. Get up with me on faceb00kz.

v4extreme

Smash Journeyman
and melee http://challonge.com/HW3Melee
I won't make a results thread since I really have nothing to add that you can't see on the challonge site, I don't even know what the payouts were.

Anyway, I'll give a quick shoutout to everyone I traveled with this weekend, I had a great time and a good trip. Cya guys soon :)

Top Bottom