• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Home of the ROBSquad - R.O.B. Social Thread

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Wow, so many racist robots up in here. True neutral Grey R.O.B. loves all robots <3

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I would get a red R.O.B. amiibo but they don't make amiibos for the palette swaps ;-; Virtual Boy R.O.B. is best R.O.B.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Lol. Look at my avatar. Do I look like a true neutral gray R.O.B.?

But seriously, most all R.O.B.'s colors are fine, and I appreciate the reference that Nintendo gave with the Famicom color being default in Japan and the NA version being default in NA, but the NA color is just so bland and boring. The red gives it more of a vibrant color, and makes him stand out more.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Flip yes, 8-bit. I'm actually going to do something similar to you for my avatar with my mains, just haven't had the time.
Late reply, but I did this quickly in PowerPoint (Yes, I'm not joking) so it doesn't take much time.

If you like, you can use pictures from my album http://barrabachhs.imgur.com/

I think you would like some of those Ness Pics.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Late reply, but I did this quickly in PowerPoint (Yes, I'm not joking) so it doesn't take much time.

If you like, you can use pictures from my album http://barrabachhs.imgur.com/

I think you would like some of those Ness Pics.
I've got my own actually, but I'll have a look. Thanks for the info.!

I did enjoy some of them, just not exactly what I'm looking for. You'll see my new avatar soon enough, and you'll see why. If I decide to change my avatar to something more like the pictures you have, I'll consider them again though. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, gonna be a tad annoying getting my ROB amiibo, seeing as I want the Famicom colored one as well.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hey, but it's worth it since it's the better one.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Lol. Look at my avatar. Do I look like a true neutral gray R.O.B.?

But seriously, most all R.O.B.'s colors are fine, and I appreciate the reference that Nintendo gave with the Famicom color being default in Japan and the NA version being default in NA, but the NA color is just so bland and boring. The red gives it more of a vibrant color, and makes him stand out more.
But grey is so beautiful and a classic color for robots!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well it doesn't work for R.O.B..

Jaaahsh

Smash Cadet
Heyyo, fellow ROBs! <3 Long time no post. Just figured I'd come by and drop this video for you all to see. Minnesota announced its Summer 2015 PR and yours truly is repping the robot in spot #9! I created the video, so expect my segment to be fun, quirky, and certainly more enjoyable than some of the others (though I'm proud of the whole damn video, honestly)!

Check it out!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...
image.jpg
It's a bit off, but it was my first drawing of Smash 4 characters. Looking at my recent ones, I may go back and redo it, but I'll keep it for now.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
A COMPLETE STACK-UP SET INCLUDING BOX FROM E-BAY IS ON HIS WAY TO ME

Here is how I feel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gF0jAMeJAQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1m47s
Nice! How many hundreds did this cost?

Heyyo, fellow ROBs! <3 Long time no post. Just figured I'd come by and drop this video for you all to see. Minnesota announced its Summer 2015 PR and yours truly is repping the robot in spot #9! I created the video, so expect my segment to be fun, quirky, and certainly more enjoyable than some of the others (though I'm proud of the whole damn video, honestly)!

Check it out!
<3 Happy to see the Minnesota scene thriving. Keep up the hard work! Congrats!

I can't believe I haven't posted this yet...View attachment 74111It's a bit off, but it was my first drawing of Smash 4 characters. Looking at my recent ones, I may go back and redo it, but I'll keep it for now.
Any ROB is a beautiful ROB. Except for the ones I'd draw. Which would be terrible and probably not a ROB at all.

Drift Wizard

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! Despite not playing any of the previous smash games, I have been playing R.O.B. since I first got a Wii u and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, which was around mid February of 2014. I have been playing smash since the 3DS version, though I haven't been able to find all that much time to play since I am a student-athlete. There are few people in my area that I know that use this character. One question I have is if there's a skype group for the #ROBSquad, or as I like to call it #ROBCity because you know...lob city...yeah...no...ok I have bad jokes.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Nice! How many hundreds did this cost?
In euro's about 580. It is a lot but it was complete so it worth it and if I ever change mind I could resell it (Haha change my mind very unlikely).
It came in yesterday and it looks glorious on R.O.B.! It is definitely worth it's money and I recommend every R.O.B. main buy one too!

Hello everyone! Despite not playing any of the previous smash games, I have been playing R.O.B. since I first got a Wii u and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, which was around mid February of 2014. I have been playing smash since the 3DS version, though I haven't been able to find all that much time to play since I am a student-athlete. There are few people in my area that I know that use this character. One question I have is if there's a skype group for the #ROBSquad, or as I like to call it #ROBCity because you know...lob city...yeah...no...ok I have bad jokes.
Do not worry humor is not a robot thing so here we do not make jokes we are always serious and mainly discuss how to be more efficient in terminating the opposition.

Also maybe this is what you are looking for: http://smashboards.com/threads/r-o-b-skype-group-for-us-r-o-b-mains.382016/

Drift Wizard

Smash Rookie
In euro's about 580. It is a lot but it was complete so it worth it and if I ever change mind I could resell it (Haha change my mind very unlikely).
It came in yesterday and it looks glorious on R.O.B.! It is definitely worth it's money and I recommend every R.O.B. main buy one too!

Do not worry humor is not a robot thing so here we do not make jokes we are always serious and mainly discuss how to be more efficient in terminating the opposition.

Also maybe this is what you are looking for: http://smashboards.com/threads/r-o-b-skype-group-for-us-r-o-b-mains.382016/
Thanks man!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Welcome to the R.O.B. Squad! I'm also a student-athlete, so I can tell you that making time for school, sports, and other activities is tough. But robots like us can do it. Just don't stress out about it too much. Sometimes your sports stuff will be your only recreational time of the day, but anyways...

R.O.B.'s a great character with a lot going for him, though like the rest of the cast he's got his weaknesses. I'm kinda running low on time right now, so if you want more detailed information ask around this thread or the R.O.B. forums for now.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I know! I've only gotten to cradle a complete Stack Up in my arms, once.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I really hope my amiibo is in the mail when I get home...
He's sooo gorgeous

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I preordered the retro pack earlier this month and got it today but it's being saved for Christmas while my sister gets DH and G&W. I got to look at the amiibo at least and it does look nice.

kAffo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ask
Hey guys, I was messing around with R.O.B today as I am quite interested in perhaps using him, and I think I may have found a very trivial and probably not very viable piece of tech, but interesting none the less. I like to compare it to Ryu's walking up tilt string, however probably a lot less effective. So the long and short of it is, to hit the close opponent with only the first hit of your u-tilt move slightly forward once the move has completed, again hit your opponent with only the first hit of u-tilt then rinse and repeat. Obviously this isn't the greatest little string considering it's quite easy to mess up and hit the opponent with both hits instead of just the first, which then hit them up and away from you, and it's quite easy to escape if you know how to DI or jump at opportune times. If anything I could maybe see this perhaps acting as a somewhat mediocre confirm into other moves, especially at death percents. E.g. 2 walking u-tilts into up angled f-smash (obviously not a true combo of any sort but hey). I also find this find this easier with c stick set to attack, so you flick it up at any point to commence the move while your thumbs stays moving you forward, like Ryu's walking up tilt string.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Thanks for reminding me, I need to find a R.O.B. amiibo.

I've got most of the amiibo I want, but Robot is one of the few I have yet to collect.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
NintenRob NintenRob

How/Where did you get the picture in your signature? I'd like something like that.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Call me what you will, but I just found out that the only way to get a G&W amiibo in America is to get him from the Retro 3-Pack, which unfortunately comes with the wrong colored R.O.B.. So I've now got one of two options. Get both R.O.B. and G&W from overseas, or get the Retro 3-Pack, and order a separate R.O.B. amiibo, doing whatever I want to with the gray and white R.O.B. (which, if I take this option, will probably be giving it to a friend or doing nothing with it).

1FC0

Smash Lord
Call me what you will, but I just found out that the only way to get a G&W amiibo in America is to get him from the Retro 3-Pack, which unfortunately comes with the wrong colored R.O.B.. So I've now got one of two options. Get both R.O.B. and G&W from overseas, or get the Retro 3-Pack, and order a separate R.O.B. amiibo, doing whatever I want to with the gray and white R.O.B. (which, if I take this option, will probably be giving it to a friend or doing nothing with it).
Send it to me because unlike you I am a real R.O.B. fan who appreciates every R.O.B.!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Send it to me because unlike you I am a real R.O.B. fan who appreciates every R.O.B.!
*Gives gray and white R.O.B. amiibo*

INITIATE TERMINATION!!!!!

Why the heck are you hating me? I never said gray and white R.O.B. shouldn't exist, I just said it's plain and boring.

1FC0

Smash Lord
*Gives gray and white R.O.B. amiibo*

INITIATE TERMINATION!!!!!

Why the heck are you hating me? I never said gray and white R.O.B. shouldn't exist, I just said it's plain and boring.
I am not hating you. I just asked for the R.O.B.!

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I was messing around with R.O.B today as I am quite interested in perhaps using him, and I think I may have found a very trivial and probably not very viable piece of tech, but interesting none the less. I like to compare it to Ryu's walking up tilt string, however probably a lot less effective. So the long and short of it is, to hit the close opponent with only the first hit of your u-tilt move slightly forward once the move has completed, again hit your opponent with only the first hit of u-tilt then rinse and repeat.
http://smashboards.com/threads/r-o-bs-ultimate-combo-in-smash-4.400099/

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Now we are discussing Duck Hunt in the stage discussion thread. Please come and share your thoughts and opinions.
http://smashboards.com/threads/r-o-b-stage-discussion-currently-discussing-duck-hunt.403561/

Hello fellow R.O.B mains, I am not particularly happy with the results this thread has been getting. I'm not sure as to why we only get about 3-5 posts per discussion, but I'd like to change that. How can I encourage discussion more? What do you guys think I can do?

In light of this, after we discuss Duck Hunt we will be re visiting past stages. Hopefully this will help us get more discussion going and have more accurate descriptions. If anyone has any input they'd like to give on the descriptions of each stage in the OP, it'd be greatly appreciated.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
5th tournament win guys :). Mostly R.O.B my past 4 tournies using sheik as more of a strong secondary and I was the only R.O.B. main in top 32 at Rebirth which I placed 17th outta 194. Wish me luck at The Big House Five! #ROBSQUADHYPE

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I wish I could go to Big House. I live pretty close to it actually, and it's be neat to get to meet some of you guys. Maybe in the next few years...

Forgot if I posted this on here yet. If not, here you go.

Last edited:

KefkaTheMighty

Smash Champion
NNID
SpikeSpiegal777
Hello everybudy
I am a ROB main in Texas that loves Sm4sh
I hope that I will be excepted
:3

(I'm usually like this, but I can have serious conversations too.)

Top Bottom