• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

....Holy ****, yoshi is a combo machine!

senorspoof

Smash Apprentice
So um, I haven't used yoshi in.... years. Literally. Like, I just skim over him in character choices. However, today, I was playing my friends fox, and started picking random characters. After getting Yoshi, I said screw it, and resigned myself to the inevitable **** that was soon to come.

Hoooooly ****. It may have something to do with the fact that my friend sucks at shine spiking, but I actually won. Yoshi's moves just have this undeniable flow to them, that somehow reminds me of the esteemed captain.

Seriously, his combos are sickening

D-throw to u-smash- to Bair to Dsmash is just unfair.

D

Deleted member

Teh yoshi is teh uber pwnzor :p :yoshi: but dont overestimate him, cuz he sux :p

Your friendly neighborhood Yoshi: Burntsocks :yoshi:

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yoshi's combos get better when you learn all the techniques too! Read my guide stickied at the top and have a try. Have you seen some of Fumi's videos? Amazing combos there too.

*Finds short posts with large sigs annoying*

Shiri

Smash Chump
*Finds short posts with large sigs annoying*
:yoshi: You, too? Good, I thought I was the only one.

Hey, this is a pretty silly question to ask, but I really feel compelled to ask it for some reason. Has anybody ever played Foxes or Falcos that are bad at teching and landed like...four dash attacks in a row on Final Destination or something?

Wow, why did I ask that? It has nothing to do with anything...

I think I need some sleep.

The |Egg| Sniper

Smash Apprentice
Try a Marth that can't tech, or know that he can easily Fair out of a dash attack at higher %s. I walked that sucker across the stage ;D

As for spacies, usually I can only get 2-3 dash attacks at most. They usually stand up with their attack get up, knocking me out of my chain.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Try a Marth that can't tech, or know that he can easily Fair out of a dash attack at higher %s. I walked that sucker across the stage ;D

As for spacies, usually I can only get 2-3 dash attacks at most. They usually stand up with their attack get up, knocking me out of my chain.
Oh my god, get mindgames. Dashdance to grab to **** in this situation.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rather than 'get mindgames' in a general term, you should learn to adapt. It's an issue a lot of players have, I myself only learnt to adapt when I was in Sweden. Once you pass that mental hurdle Smash becomes a whole lot easier.

Top Bottom