• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holding down, to not auto-sweetspot

ook

Smash Lord
I know this is really old (so don't say "old" or you'll look stupid), but I don't see many people talking about it or doing it. I just started doing it yesterday and it sometimes works.... :lick:

When you up-b to recover, aim for the ledge but hold down. You won't grab it, and you'll land on the stage with no lag. Then you can dsmash out of it and stuff.

It might be a good mix-up if they were expecting you to grab the ledge. Don't do it TOO much obviously, cause the ledge is good too lol. :chuckle:

I dunno, try it out

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I never knew this. Does the distance or height have anything to do with this. And if mario capes you while doing this is their a way to survive.

ook

Smash Lord
Yeah I only found out about it yesterday lol

I don't think distance or height has anything to do with it, but try to come in lower or else you'll go too high and have lag when you land.

And... don't do it against Mario, lol.

CBK

Smash Journeyman
old lolXD

This is old lol.

not really you just said I shouldn't.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I only found out about it yesterday lol

I don't think distance or height has anything to do with it, but try to come in lower or else you'll go too high and have lag when you land.

And... don't do it against Mario, lol.
LOL asking since my bro plays a good mario

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
I mentioned this in my stage discussion thread, as it causes the up+b to become grounded as soon as you come over on Yoshi's Island/Lylat Cruise (and a few other stages, like Pictochat). It still works fairly well on other stages, though, assuming you don't go too high.

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
Uh, I guess I saw it mentioned before, but I never thought of doing it. I go for the lagless Up-B a lot of the time anyway, so I guess this would make it a lot more convenient. I'm sick of trying to get past my opponent after I grab the ledge. >.<

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
magikguy, the get up attack is great in conjunction with upb ledge stall, since they cannot shield forever, but if you use it too much it will just be shielded and punished. this is another option though

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
I actually can't do it. A vid or something would be helpful. When I aim for the ledge on go right pass it or I land on the edge of the stage with ending lag -_-

Top Bottom