• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hmmm...Diddy's I need ur opinion.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
I play my friend he mains Diddy and we are kinda equal but just wanna kno the match up better.
He plays in a strange aggressive way and its hard to adjust to.

So the question is...
What is yall out look on the matchup of T.Link vs Diddy?

Now time for yalls advise... BEGIN!

ADHD

Smash Hero
That's it, his spam is annoying so I have to monkey kick flip around it. I would SH aerials little bit more because he's floaty and that bothers me lol

Luigi player

Smash Master
I hate how strong Toon Link is... really, I made him like 130+ damage and kill him... I have about 83 %... he upsmashes and I'm dead =/ Now tell me that's not unfair...

I think bombs are pretty good if the Diddy uses bananas a lot, because bombs go through them and stop them I think.

Count

Smash Champion
sh nair sh bair are your best approach options I think. It is also smart to play defensively vs diddy if you're toon link, I think.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
GIVE better advice. Seriously CP spam more? That is terrible and definitely not effective.

Like the previous poster said use Bombs more. They neutralize the bananas and if they glide toss forward they can get hit by it. and you can get in a free arrow if you SH threw it to a lagless arrow. If you get the bananas its gonna be hard for diddy to do damage, just DJ cancel throw them to get a semi glidetoss feel. Use Zair a little more too. It's pretty useful and outranges diddy.

Only use Bair and projectiles to edge guard since fair has some start up lag and the other moves arent effective.

Last thing is watch out for the Z drop to Dair spike. TL has a terrible vertical recovery against this technique so try to recovery with your tether, unless diddy is on the ledge.TL is pretty easy to edgeguard so that makes up for the lack of KO moves against TL.

suweibunmeister

Smash Cadet
Yeah, spamming can be useful, but when my friend who plays Diddy plays my toon link, the thing he complains about the most is being gimped. Diddy is waaaaayyy easier to spike with toon link than most people because he's pretty much a sitting duck when using his upb.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I realize now what NL meant with his UP B technique. If DidKong uses that technique it will be hard to gimp him.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I hate how strong Toon Link is... really, I made him like 130+ damage and kill him... I have about 83 %... he upsmashes and I'm dead =/ Now tell me that's not unfair...

I think bombs are pretty good if the Diddy uses bananas a lot, because bombs go through them and stop them I think.
I geuss you can say his up smash has lots of knockback.

Top Bottom