• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hmm...FAQ and Useful Links thread is rather old/outdated.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
So I'm going to make another one. The other thread had Melee Kirby links and other really old threads. What threads would you all like to have in the useful links section, and which do you all think are important?

Provide a link to the thread please.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
So I'm going to make another one. The other thread had Melee Kirby links and other really old threads. What threads would you all like to have in the useful links section, and which do you all think are important?

Provide a link to the thread please.
Do you only want top rated threads or the little stuff as well?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I think any threads with some sort of guide/trick/tutorial could be useful as well.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Do you only want top rated threads or the little stuff as well?
Any thread you find useful is fine. :3

I was thinking 'D: moar stickiez'

But then i saw FAQ and im like ':D Bunny unlock this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221403'

Now u only have to make a useful links thread

EDIT: and now im like 'D: Bunny isnt a mod here, iunno if she can do that'
Once again, other mods, please make Bunny a mod for the Kirby boards.
Yeah, I can't make stickies and lock/unlock stuff here. But I can ask a fellow mod to do it. :3

*Starts thread*

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hey, count me in. I'll help out as much as I can.
I'll be able to answer most Kirby questions, haha.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I could only find these two that where worth mentioning:

Basically, when any character performs a tech and u Dtilt them during their tech its an auto trip with Dtilt

To test this urself go to training and choose Falco as the opponent. Change the speed to 1/4 mode then Face Falco and Utilt him, hold down, and as soon as u c the flash of light for the tech or w/e is he's doing when he hits the ground Dtilt him. He will trip, if he's not tripping ur either doing it to slow or to fast. Try again.

OT
I probably haven't played a G&W nearly as good as him.

However, some basic suggestions: shieldgrab Turtle. You can't, because it eats your shield, and he lands out of grab range? Well that sucks, G&W is broken >=( get out of the way if you see a Bair coming. Or perhaps you could duck part of it, then put up your shield for the rest of it, so it doesn't eat your whole shield.

Learn the techtime of his Dthrow. Beep beep beep beep L! Where the fifth beep should be, press your shield button, and perhaps the control stick, and tech or techroll.
Don't get grabbed. XD

DON'T COUNTERPICK HALBERD AGAINST GAME AND WATCH
srsly, he'll kill you at like 0% because of the low ceiling. Pick Jungle Japes. And ban Rainbow Cruise (imo)
If he bans Jungle Japes...perhaps Luigi's Mansion?

Upair edgeguarding isn't a huge deal, it lets him take control of your actions, but doesn't do any actual damage. Use Stone if you see a glaring opportunity, otherwise, just be extremely careful.

Since G&W's attacks pretty much beat all of Kirby's, you're going to have to be pretty defensive. The best thing for you to do is make him want to use Dair. It's extremely easy to shield and punish, as long as you shield both hits. You also want to punish landing lag of Fair, and possibly Bair, though that's harder.

His smashes are super godlike, but if he's somewhat predictable with them, you can time an attack to punish them. Just watch out, because they're all spammable and have ******** priority. I hate thinking about G&W, he's so lame @_@
Watch out for superarmor on upsmash. Seriously, fast attack that kills at like 60%, with superarmor. -_-

If all else fails and you're going to get owned no matter what, Copy his power and spam Chef at him, and tell me how that turns out. Even if he fills up his bucket, he can't defend himself when his bucket is full mwahahahahahahah

Some pretty good advice from Asdioh on Fighting G@W.
These where what I could find interesting enough to mention. I really would like a re discussion on Game and Watch. The match up is too stupid. I'm sure that we could do Like the Wario mains did with DDD and find a way to fight Gayer than he is and win it. Or at least take it into 55/45 or 60/40.

Gonzo is lost man. I haven't seen him for a while.

Top Bottom