• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

History behind your Smash name!

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
Well, my name is Spencer so I've always been associated with Spenny from the Canadian TV show Kenny vs Spenny. In the show's title sequence there's a part where they're dressed like spartans and there's a speech bubble that says "Die Spennicus" or something to that effect.

StR!p

Smash Rookie
NNID
SlayerTwix
3DS FC
4871-3864-3022
I used to visit a website called Taringa! were you can post whatever you wanted (at that time), I saw a community with a cool name it was St!ImageRip and then I joined a game called Warsow (the fastest FPS I ever played) and when I joined there I created the nick with the idea I got from that community, the problem is that you know, what strip means...

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
I'm named Acne. After my face. It's gotten better as of late so I might need to change my tag, haha

Last edited:

Zertnik24

Smash Rookie
NNID
cadeo24
My Smash tag used to be 24 because 24 has been my favorite number and the number I used for sports and such. After a while I thought 24 was just too common but I didn't know what to pair it with, then my friend and I were making a YouTube channel (which is currently inactive) and I was just typing random stuff and came up with Zertnik. Now Zertnik24 has stuck with me for a while

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
I've had plenty of nicknames in the past over the course of the years I've been gaming and stuff. I went by SuperSonicgamer in certain circles, Judai in others. But I've played this one MMO called Elsword (I quit the game due to how stupid it is nowadays, lol), I made a character called LabrysXII and it became my main username since then. If you're a fan of Persona, you'd probably guess why I called myself that.

I don't see this name changing anytime soon, especially since I'm planning on getting known in actual tournaments using this name.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
My name is, well based on a disturbing dank meme. I first found out of the meme on pokemon showdown, all of this dudes pokemon were named shrek is love. I thought that was hilarious and then like a month later I found the meme... Disturbing, but very funny. I always think to myself, why shrek of all things!

Swampertrulz

Smash Lord
NNID
Swampertrulz
3DS FC
3883-9003-2472
Mine is "Mudkip!" because Mudkip is my favorite starter/Hoenn starter.

Last edited:

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
I like to wreck my opponents

I really like pasta

but really I heard this fruity buster use it and i rike it.

Reny Aclerad

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4012-5142-2030
Switch FC
2485-2726-3893
My name has no meaning other than to create the character you see now on my profile picture. Right now, it semi looks like toon link because I got excited for Triforce Heroes.

SCf3

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5541-3784
My name is a shorter version of a username I made back in 2006 on a Pokemon forum, it's a shorter version of SaCred_Fir3. (Sacred Fire is Ho-Oh's signature move) I've been using that name since then, so I stuck with it. Nothing special.

カワシさん

Hmm.. this will be interesting.

My Smash name is Kawashi, which is a username I've used for a while now on the internet. I got Kawashi from combining Japanese syllables (I was learning Japanese at the time). Then the name just stuck with me. Now since I've started learning again, I've been using it more. For Smashboards, my username, カワシさん, is actually "Kawashi" in Japanese, plus the Japanese honorific "san," so translating literally into "Kawashi-San." I've noticed that a lot of Japanese smashers tend to add さん to the end of their names, so I decided to follow that.

Dr. Barrio

Smash Rookie
Before my Dr. Mario days my friend made a funny remark saying "Man if you ever main Dr. Mario, your name should be Dr. Barrio(Because you're mexican)". Then we decided to test out my Doc and it was pretty good so the name just stuck

Smashing Turnips

Smash Cadet
Before I started playing Melee competitively, I was listening to a lot of Smashing Pumpkins. I started as a Peach main, before switching to Marth, but the name stuck.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Murlough has been my gamer name for a few years. Before I settled on Murlough however I went by many names, Spadeoverlord321 being the most used.

At some point I decided that my name as a gamer was lame and generic so I looked for a name that "stuck" to me. Something that wasn't common and that felt right.

Some odd years ago I read through a book series "Cirque Du Freak", and there was a generic bad guy that went by the name Murlough. He was a horribly boring character who did things because "evil guy is evil." (The rest of the book series was really good.)

I thought to myself that having such an original and neat sounding name as Murlough was a complete waste on such a drab and ultimately uninteresting character.

Maybe a month after I read the book with Murlough in it I put 1 and 1 together and got 2. Now I take the name for myself and feel "complete" as a gamer. I will never change it :3.

Last edited:

Done

ЩΦЦlD ყΦЦ lΦΦκ ǞƮ Ʈ৸ę Ʈiɱę!
NNID
BrayzBling
3DS FC
0791-4541-3028
My username i got from listeing to too much JayZ, so i can sing pretty well, So they called me "Brayz"

so yeah.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
This is basically the same way I got every internet handle of mine.

So D-Man came because I was E-Mailing a friend, and we changed the signature every e-mail, and I called myself D-Man (not telling why) and it stuck. The 9293, I don't even know.

Nerf Herder EX

Smash Rookie
Nerf Herder is a reference to "The Empire Strike Back" when Leia calls Han a "stuck up, scruffy looking nerf herder." The problem is that every site I join the name Nerf Herder is already taken. So I just started adding EX to the end, which is a reference to EX moves in "Street Fighter 3: Third Strike."

whitekirby9

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-2712-4478
My name is... ME!
i am Smashing for those Kirby Team members that Cannot feel the Glory of Smash, i salute them by Playing as them AND ME (grey/white kirby) i am the Kirby team co-leader and i Train/practice almost with anyone!

whitekirby9

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4270-2712-4478
(sorry i didnt mean to double post i thought people comment on stuff, i need to know how to delete)

Last edited:
Top Bottom