• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Higher CPU levels?

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but do you think the CPU levels might go up this time? Such as level 12 computers to battle against? I know that battling the computers doesn't help for increasing skill but I find it fun to go against a CPU. May there be higher levels this time around or overall stronger and smarter level 9's?

Again, don't go crazy just because battling the CPU doesn't make you any better since a human can predict easier and notice certain patters you use.

Yeah... If there's been a thread on this already please, by all means, tell me. I don't have the time to search for it.

Zek

Smash Ace
I don't think that's necessary but hopefully it scales up faster so the level 9s will be smarter this time.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What Zek said. There doesn't need to be a higher difficulty number, just better programmed AI. There doesn't need to be another ******** CPU Ness or Roy. :ohwell:

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
I just hope they take the time to make the highest level actually smart, like decent at edgeguarding / edgehogging, not just jab and grab all the time. Take more than 3 seconds on making each character's level.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Higher numbers =/= more difficult AI.

They could just make the jumps in difficulty higher per number.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
It seems that there is a higher difficulty level in story mode than very heard so they cup levels may go higher in this one that or they might have made the modes easier over all.

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
I just wan't a lot smarter AI. AI that will do other stuff than jab, grab, and over-B. I really didn't like the AI in melee because of their frame-perfect reflexives and they only jab, grab, over-B, and suicide.

Cyberbot5000

Smash Apprentice
No they dont need higher levels just a more advanced AI that doesnt jump to its doom or break off an attack to grab a pokéball and the AI should rise more between levels

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
With Wifi it may not be 100% required, but I would stil like it.

HOWEVER

If I was watching the vidoes correctly (the one with the guy who introduces Brawl) he plays aganst a CPU I think set at level 3, and it was pretty good considering that he has played Brawl before (if not helped in development in some way)

I think we will see more powerful CPUs, however I think they will be the same level system (1-9) just stronger.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Brawl doesn't use numbers for the CPU levels. It has settings. I think the hardest setting is "Nasty". lol.

(The above is true)

saratos

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... or fight a lv. nine in lightning melee. That at least hones reflexes.

PilotEvan

Smash Journeyman
"This game is very special because, if you can see, the numbers all go to... eleven. Right across the board. Eleven... eleven..."

"Oh, the last one went up to nine."

"Exactly."

"Does that mean it's any harder?"

"Well, it's two notches harder, isn't it? It's not nine. See, most blokes are gonna be playing at nine. See you're at nine here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up... where can you go from there? Where?"

"I don't know."

"Nowhere! See if we need that extra push over the edge, we put it up to eleven."

"Why not just make nine harder, and make nine the top number and make that a little harder?"

".......This goes to eleven."

Edit: If you don't get this, you've missed out on one of the funniest movies ever. Spinal Tap rules.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
"This game is very special because, if you can see, the numbers all go to... eleven. Right across the board. Eleven... eleven..."

"Oh, the last one went up to nine."

"Exactly."

"Does that mean it's any harder?"

"Well, it's two notches harder, isn't it? It's not nine. See, most blokes are gonna be playing at nine. See you're at nine here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up... where can you go from there? Where?"

"I don't know."

"Nowhere! See if we need that extra push over the edge, we put it up to eleven."

"Why not just make nine harder, and make nine the top number and make that a little harder?"

".......This goes to eleven."

Edit: If you don't get this, you've missed out on one of the funniest movies ever. Spinal Tap rules.
Oh, dude, that was my joke, lol. I loved that movie, so awesome.

happyskills

Smash Cadet
It seems that there is a higher difficulty level in story mode than very heard so they cup levels may go higher in this one that or they might have made the modes easier over all.
You heard there were cup levels?;)

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Rather than numbers, I'd like to be able to create my own AI patterns - something like the settings in Training Mode, but with more options, and able to set more than one at a time. For example, I could make a CPU focus on ground-based combat, not go for items, and extensively use dodging maneuvers (instead of "7" or "8"). I wouldn't object to all-around smarter AI, but it would be cool if there was some customization.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
A human like AI would indeed be very nice. Edge guarding, pokeball response, actually spiking...

CPU in Melee:
Lvl 1: Moves slow and attacks a little
Lvl 2: Moves more and attacks a little more....
and so on....
Yeah, since it was announced previous players of Melee helped set up the game they probably helped with the AI.
Thank goodness.

Red_Revival

Smash Cadet
What Zek said. There doesn't need to be a higher difficulty number, just better programmed AI. There doesn't need to be another ******** CPU Ness or Roy. :ohwell:
Nah the Most ******** was Capt Falcon. He could be 4 stocked in under 25 seconds without touching him! It's the Self Pwn Falcon! :laugh:

Mama

Smash Ace
I don't think it would be necessary to add onto the measuring tool so to speak. But rather to give is a different measuring tool.

Instead of giving us higher levels give us the same levels but better. Instead of lvl 9's being very very very stupid and predictable they could make them a bit more human like. They'll still likely be rendered useless after a while by most though. Most competitive players practice on lvl 1's

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I can't remember all the CPU levels off the top of my head, but they had fun names. :)

Top Bottom