• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

high percent kill set ups

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
any other options other than a raw fsmash? I'm talking about average weight/falling speed characters, not like jiggly or fox

Mobius_

Smash Cadet
I like using the first hit of side-B then uptilt, it should work on any non fastfaller at high enough percent, though this is just a guess.
upB oos is nice too.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
FloAties are aware of that side B > up tilt nowadays so usually you can't catch them with a grounded side B. What I do is shffl 1st hit of Nair > up tilt.

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
- Near the edge: Grab em and throw them off stage for a possible edgeguard, in high % they won't get the ledge before you.
- On stage on neutral: On chars like sheik, marios, ganons, its really hard if they are playing defensively. I would try to mixup neutral game with Nairs hoping to catch them randomly, or I'd try to Ftilt randomly (the tip is pretty strong and will probably kill in high %).
- Oos: Up B
- Tech chase: if you are on low %, you can bait a crouch cancelled get up attack and Fsmash, I also like to dash dance, read the tech and go for an UpB (better than grabbing at high % and can be done running), also raw Fsmash works.
- Above you: Any aerial attack would do, don't hesitate to use Uair, it can kill on moderate % and its easy to land. Tippered Bair is good if you wanna edgeguard.
- Above 207-210%: Uthrow for the hancock.

heyitshoward

Smash Apprentice
- bthrow onto platform, tech chase tipper
- bthrow off stage -> ftilt/fsmash if they di in (it's a di mixup, at higher percents people will di dthrow in and not be in tipper range)
- bthrow, tech chase upb (see: m2k vs leffen at paragon i think)
- 2 hits of side b, tech chase tipper/upb (obviously not guaranteed but it's not uncommon for them to miss the tech or for them to mess up their di in such a way that the second hit pops them up over your head where you can hit them easily)
- dair oos -> upb on di in
- as previously mentioned, nair. more effective if you can corner them or space it properly or else somehow trick them into spotdodging/taking an action that makes it difficult to move around the nair

King Koala

Smash Rookie
I find at high percentages people rarely expect a quick grab into f-throw (no pummel) and its pretty easy to get some cheeky f-smashes this way. Other than that i tend to try to force edge gaurd situations or an up throw onto platform for some platform tech reads (nair, fair, etc.)

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
I find at high percentages people rarely expect a quick grab into f-throw (no pummel) and its pretty easy to get some cheeky f-smashes this way. Other than that i tend to try to force edge gaurd situations or an up throw onto platform for some platform tech reads (nair, fair, etc.)
Would I have to do a pivot cancel to land an fsmash? My brother mainly plays as Marth and he's my only training partner

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Honestly, looking for kills at high% is the wrong way to go about it. If you start getting desperate for the F-smash or up tilt against a Peach or a Sheik, you're going to get destroyed.

Instead, just continue playing your standard neutral game, and use the stray down tilt/fair/throw to claim stage positioning and an edgeguard or juggle opportunity. If an opportunity for the up tilt or f-smash shows up, then great. If not, eventually a tipper up air or fair will kill them off the top, and if all else fails, up throw will kill at about 210%. (Unless you're on Dreamland, but screw that stage.)

The key thing to remember is that it doesn't matter what % you killed them at if they weren't able to hit you.

Ahenobarbus

Smash Cadet
Honestly, looking for kills at high% is the wrong way to go about it.
I have to somewhat disagree with this. While you never want to get desperate, your neutral should be goal-oriented, and those goals are going to change depending on %. Playing a "standard neutral game" regardless of your opponent's % is a bad idea, and that kind of thing is usually what leads to chars getting to 210% in the first place.

Take what your opponent gives you (i.e. take chip damage when it's there, try to convert it into juggles), but ultimately you want to condition and bait them into what you want to do with them.

Kellen

Smash Rookie
I usually up throw @ 100% to Nair. If they tech on platform, wait for tech then Nair. If their DI really sucks, I up throw reverse Up-B. If I can, throw them off stage and hope for the best.

Top Bottom