• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

High or Low-tier? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samus-ridley64

Smash Rookie
i'm thinking middle to high, his special moves don't seem very strong , but they've got to be stronger than what we'd think because special moves are a characters strongest moves

and if not, than his A attacks have to be pretty good.

I don't know (or much care) about his tier status, but it does seem that Olimar will be a lightweight. Even though he was scaled up tremendously, he still seems to be about the size of Pikachu.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
Isn't there already one of these? Oh well, I can't say for sure, but he should not be low tier just because you have to use a little brain power to use him properly.

samus-ridley64

Smash Rookie
Exactly what i was thinking, i'm good with lightweights, so i might use him often, and the comboing is going to be fun to figure out.

and sorry, about the tier thread, i'm new here as you can tell, and i didn't read the rules too thoroughly.(how do ya spell that? 0_o)

Bajef8

Smash Ace
he's gonna be low tier. no questions. he's worthless without pikmin as implied by the dojo. so all you need to do is keep quickly attacking olimar until all his pikmin die. if you attack quick enough and stay on his tail then he can't pick pikmin to aid him. so he's gonna be low tier.

iron blade

Smash Ace
This will get locked pretty fast because of it being a tier thread, but oh well. Olimar will be a low tier. He sucks without Pikmen. That proves that he's weak. All you have to do is rush him before he gets any Pikmen out. Even if he does, you can just kill them. He completely relies on the Pikmen, and he will be even worse because he is about the size of Pikachu. I'm going to enjoy using him as a sandbag though.

samus-ridley64

Smash Rookie
we'll, i don't think he'll be low tier IF he runs fast and depending on how fast he plucks pikmen, but i guess we'll never know until the game comes out.

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
This will get locked pretty fast because of it being a tier thread, but oh well. Olimar will be a low tier. He sucks without Pikmen. That proves that he's weak. All you have to do is rush him before he gets any Pikmen out. Even if he does, you can just kill them. He completely relies on the Pikmen, and he will be even worse because he is about the size of Pikachu. I'm going to enjoy using him as a sandbag though.
Well he's really not supposed to attack without them. Just because he needs Pikmin doesn't mean he's weak. Besides he can pull them out of nowhere.

samus-ridley64

Smash Rookie
Hey!! lets all agree to call him Cap'n Olimar from now on,why?, because it looks and sounds cool!!*kidding*

and on topic, sakurai only said he can't do a smash attack without pikmen, and there are plenty of other attacks beside that and B attacks. and don't forget about his down b,he can call back any pikmen he threw so that might work well into strategy depending on how fast they get called back

jwkirby64

Smash Journeyman
depends, if the pikmin die everytime he uses them, then pikmin management would be tough for an olimar player. I mean the tether recovery, then all his pikmin die. puts him in a lower tier.

Otherwise they have certain hp b4 they die like link's arrows (except there's no time limit) then he would be higher tier.

samus-ridley64

Smash Rookie
yeah, but argueing and guessing how good characters are before we test them in the game is all we have to do until brawl comes out...and it's fun

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
he's gonna be low tier. no questions. he's worthless without pikmin as implied by the dojo. so all you need to do is keep quickly attacking olimar until all his pikmin die. if you attack quick enough and stay on his tail then he can't pick pikmin to aid him. so he's gonna be low tier.
According to your logic, Ice Climbers is low tier simply because Popo is weak without Nana.

At this point, it is too early to discuss tiers.

finalark

SNORLAX
Low tier.... he looks hard to use and anyone that a half-dead blind monkey couldn't pick up and use well instantly and takes skill to use gets low tier instantly.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Worst thing you can possibly do is try to discuss a tier list for this game right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom