• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Stopping by from the Banjo thread to say congrats. I feel Joker will have an interesting move set, if it’s fun, then I might main!

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
Congrats to you all! I wasn't expecting him to be in at all, much less Nintendo picking him for that matter.

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
Coming in from the Banjo thread to say:

To everyone who wanted joker in, congrats.

Last edited:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
**** I've been playing Persona 5. I didn't even seriously consider that as like, a legitimate possibility. OK.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I can't believe this. I thought people were trolling all over Discord until I saw the trailer for myself.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all. I just wanted to drop by and congrats all his supporters in his inclusion. Bummed it wasn't Banjo but hey can't wait everything ya know. Anyways I'm happy all you guys and gals got Joker and being that Persona is a rather popular series I'd say that's more then a good enough reason he warranted his spot in the roster. ;)

The amazing thing too is of all the characters I didn't expect him to be the one to be revealed if we were gonna get the first of our five DLC characters.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
I came after I saw the stream! GUYS! We did it! I theorized that Nintendo branching out might net us Persona 5 for Smash Switch and here we are!

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
I did not expect Joker. I was making noises that probably woke my neighbors.

Persona 5 for Switch when?

amageish

Smash Master
I am struggling to believe this is real haha. I just finally stopped shaking.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
I am freaking out so much! I love Persona so much! And now Atlus finally get a fighter and an amiibo too!

AHHHHHH!!

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Congrats guys seriously. I thought i'd never see the day he'd get in but I'm so happy. This is amazing as a diehard persona fan. I'm so happy for his inclusion. SERIOUSLY HYPED like wow how the hell.... actually I dont even need to ask if it's real lol it totally is.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Wait a second, WHAT???

I may have missed the rest of the Game Awards but WHAT?!!

WE FINALLY GET OUR OWN CHARACTER PAGE FOR SMASH ULTIMATE?!

JOKER CONFIRMED FOR SMASH DLC?!

Oh my lord I can't even. But I guess an awesome JRPG deserves it after all. Now I know who I'm picking up!!

But seriously, I never saw it coming.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If that Smash newcomer reveal was Yu Narukami from P4, I would have been super excited. Wish I played Persona 5 to get excited about Joker to get hyped about it. Boy... that definitely changes speculation. Sakurai got me again. I had that weird gut feeling that Sakurai would go for Persona as that Bayonetta type choice, representing one of the best JRPG franchises ever despite the series being more niche than the big hitter franchises like Tekken and Resident Evil. I even had Joker in my list of third-party icons list of possibilities in a scenario of Japanese third-party newcomers. I was not able to willingly to predict Joker because of my conflict with possible Ultimate project plan dates preceding P5's game release, and I was pretty firm on 2015. .-.

I am fine with Joker as a playable character. The only thing I want now is Persona 5 to come to Switch so I can get into the P5 craze. Nintendo's selection for Smash character DLC is looking to be very promising. Joker gives me hope for third-parties like Sora and Layton. Now I kinda hope we get that DLC line-up direction primarily based on third-party guests.

(Give me Persona 4 music in addition Sakurai please)

Last edited:

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
Yo, I just got thrown for a loop big time, Sakurai just almost killed my older brother, with hype overload, I'm in a state of mass emotional confusion with the smash release and the trailer reveal and it now being my birthday. We now know anything is possible with Smash DLC even though Nintendo made the picks this time around. Congrats on the confirmation supporters, and make this surprise or gaming's icons their last when Joker eventually arrives!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Holy ****ing ****! The last thing on Earth I expected! ****ing hypest announcement in ****ing history! I can't believe we ****ing did it! **** yes! Joker in smash! Best ****ing timeline!

PF9

Smash Lord
Some people call him the space cowboy
Some call him the gangster of love
Some people call him Maurice
Because he speaks of the pompatus of love

This is a nice surprise.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Congrats to you Joker (Persona 5) fans. When he releases, be sure to unleash his Persona(s).

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
I wanna say congrats on having Joker in Ultimate. Hiis reveal took me off guard, and honestly I'm pretty hype about him.
I always wanted to get into the SMT and Persona series, but I always keep forgetting to play it. Anyways though, even though Joker
isn't really my most wanted on my list, I'm really curious about how he'll play using his persona. :)

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Dropping in to say congratulations. He's not a character I'm familiar with, but I'm happy for y'all.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
Oh my GOD. I didn't think he'll make it! I did want to think that tiny glimmer of hope that he would make it in!

Turns out that glimmer shined!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Congratulations Guys, I gotta say I never seen it coming.

Last edited:

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
CONGRATS YOU GUYS, YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED

TELL ME, HOW DO YOU FEEL WHEN YOU SAW THAT JOKER IS JOINING THE SMASH!

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Came here to congratulate you guys for being the first in line to see your character happening.
Will need to snatch a copy of Persona 5 after this.

PassePopinjay

Smash Cadet
I'm going to be honest, no reveal trailer, not a single one, has made me jump out of my seat, scream and lose my damn mind.

But this?

This was different. My god. I'm still trembling. I'm in such a state of shock. I adore Persona 5 over any other game I've ever played, and this feels like a dream. Insta-main, now and forever. Sorry Incineroar.

Ravage them!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Congrats everyone!

I'm really happy to see a Shin Megami Tensei character in Smash, it really deserves it. :D Persona 4 is among my favourite games of all time.

Now hopefully we get Persona 5 on Switch so I can play it!

Last edited:
Top Bottom