• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Hideout of the Phantom Thieves - Joker Social

Best girl?

• Sae

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Futaba

Votes: 91 33.7%
  • Ann

Votes: 26 9.6%
  • Haru

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Kawakami

Votes: 14 5.2%
  • Takemi

• Ohya

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Chiyaya

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • Hifumi

• Makoto

Votes: 65 24.1%

• Total voters

Everlong

Smash Rookie
I watched the awards, screamed and cried at the reveal, got screamed at by my dad, and can't sleep. Overall, tonight is going pretty great.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wanted to drop by and congratulate you guys! What a fantastic reveal teaser. Can't wait to see him in action.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
Two random questions about Persona 5:
1. How often does anybody drop an F-bomb (or use the S-word)?
2. Is the game on computers, and if not, will that ever happen?
The characters say s*** a fair bit, but f*** is quite rare. It’s actually a meme that one of the most vulgar characters Ryuji always says eff, so everyone says “let ryuji say f***”

That being said, it’s only on PS4, and until the inevtiable Persona 5 Crimson, it’s likely to stay there

Last edited:

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Hey guys, I'm totally wasted on release night (go figure), but wanted to drop in and congratulate everyone. Never for a second expected Joker, but I'm pretty pleased with the pick. I've played P3 through 5 myself, and I'm really hoping Joker will bring a little flavor from each of the Phantom Thieves. Once again, congrats, and everyone get hype for gameplay coming in 2019!!!

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Two random questions about Persona 5:
1. How often does anybody drop an F-bomb (or use the S-word)?
2. Is the game on computers, and if not, will that ever happen?
Fbombs are rare, s word is common

Not yet, possibly, but it's an easy game to emulate

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The characters say s*** a fair bit, but f*** is quite rare. It’s actually a meme that one of the most vulgar characters Ryuji always says eff, so everyone says “let ryuji say f***”

That being said, it’s only on PS4, and until the inevtiable Persona 5 Crimson, it’s likely to stay there
Persona 5 is on PS3 btw.

It's just the inferior version. It exists though.

SuperDoom1

Smash Journeyman
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
NNID
SuperDoom
3DS FC
4656-6065-5905
Well, if it's like that, and I'm allowed to play Modern Warfare 1, I'd assume my parents will be fine with that.
GOD****IT!
So every PlayStation home console that we don't have. I think what I said is applicable here.
it's an easy game to emulate
How easy? My computer lags hard on GameCube.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Well, if it's like that, and I'm allowed to play Modern Warfare 1, I'd assume my parents will be fine with that.

GOD****IT!

So every PlayStation home console that we don't have. I think what I said is applicable here.

How easy? My computer lags hard on GameCube.
lol nvm to emulation

also uh, there's stuff worse than swearing

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Congratulations, all! Joker was one of my most wanted, but I had assumed he'd never get in. I'm so happy to have been wrong! Definitely got a new main now, lol.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
I'm very hype to see Persona get a spot in Ultimate. I'm not very keen on third parties, especially ones that have no connection to Ninty (looking at you Cloud), but I think Persona is a sick pull that really defies expectations. I can see a Persona character holding down a spot in Smash. Here's hoping the next one is a girl again (love you FeMC)!

Weeman

Smash Crusader
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING ! THIS WAS THE FIRST THING I SAW WHEN I WOKE UP ! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED HIM BUT I THOUGHT THIS WAS IMPOSSIBLE ! THANK YOU SO MUCH SAKURAI !

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Y-you have no idea how excited I am for this! I reacted so hard I couldn’t stop breathing heavily for a few seconds! This really is a dream come true and it is more than enough to completely wash away the pain of Isaac’s AT reveal (may you get your chance another day).

I still question myself if I am in a dream right now... this just feels too good to be true!

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Congratulations from the Geno thread! I'm super stoked for him as well! I had screamed and now my throat hurts. X'D Was worth it though! Got my excitement and hype out!

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
Haven't been on the boards in a while, but I'd like to congratulate you guys. Never played Persona and don't know a thing about it, but Joker sounds like a fun addition.

I'm also glad members of other threads I was a part of are being such good sports. I left these boards because of some hostility, so this is comforting to see.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Isaac faithful here. Reporting in for good wishes.

Seriously, congratulations guys. I never thought that was even remotely possible. But I saw a TON of passion for Joker over on twitter. So I know his spot is earned.

Treked

Smash Cadet
NNID
3DS FC
4296-3633-4104
Switch FC
SW-3184-5921-0328
I KNEW IT! IT WAS THE BUTTERFLY I TELL YOU THE BUTTERFLY!

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Well, although I’m not surprised myself (out of any hypothetical SEGA character of course they’d go for SMT), I’m pretty happy to see this, even though I’ve only watched a walkthrough. And congratulations to you all! I know I can’t wait to see him in action!

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Survey had a question about Persona on Switch. They hinted at Q2 and the Dancing games this same way
Well, this has aged gracefully. Gonna call it. Joker gameplay trailer and footage along with a reveal of Persona 5 ported to the Switch in a direct, early next year!

Anyone else?

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Now all I want is codec-style convos with all the crew.

I can’t believe it happened but it happened!

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I still haven't recovered from this.

I mean, ever since I heard the BOTW music and Rivers in the Desert being covered in 2017's Game Awards, I always just had these mental images of Link and Joker fighting to the death, proving who is ultimately the stronger protagonist from two of this gen's greatest games of all time, but the two would ultimately befriend each other.

Xenoblade and Persona 5 are probably my two favorite RPGs of all time, both featuring amazing stories, characters, gameplay, and music that truly made me appreciate gaming even more than I already did, and the fact both Shulk and Joker are in the same game and can engage in friendly sparring is just surreal and magical to me, that mere words can't even describe it.

I never thought Nintendo would put Joker in Smash, but if I had to guess, maybe it wasn't necessarily Joker specifically, and that any ATLUS character would have satisfied in terms of promotional reasons, and Sakurai took that opportunity to put his heart and soul into a character from a series he loves ever so much.

Ultimate was already an amazing game, and the return of cut veterans like Snake, Wolf, and Ice Climbers, as well as the debut of characters people wanted like Ridley, K Rool, and Simon was more than enough to make me get this game, but with Joker on the horizon, I don't even know what to say.

Nintendo, Sakurai, and ATLUS, thank you for gracing Earth with one of the most amazing games of all time, we do not deserve any of you.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
Guys, guys. Imagine if Joker's Classic Mode is a reinactment of the Palace Rulers in the game with him fighting fighters who are stand-ins for the Shadows. If so, who would be Kamoshida/Madarame/Kaneshiro/Futaba/Okumura/Sae/Shido?

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Guys, guys. Imagine if Joker's Classic Mode is a reinactment of the Palace Rulers in the game with him fighting fighters who are stand-ins for the Shadows. If so, who would be Kamoshida/Madarame/Kaneshiro/Futaba/Okumura/Sae/Shido?
Kamoshida - Male Wii Fit Trainer
Kaneshiro - Wario
Futaba - Inkling (DUH)
Shido - Ganondorf or Incineroar

Got nothing for the rest :(

StormC

Smash Hero
Joker Amiibo, guys.

Damn...

Sakurai really doesn't know when to quit. Joker is going to be in the same game as characters like King K. Rool, Mega Man, Pikachu... just. Wow.

As a Persona fan, I just hope Joker is one of the craziest fighters in all of Smash. Go all out on summoning Personas.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Currently working on a Joker Discord with Robertman2 Robertman2 blessings. Just finishing stuff and Making sure things are Okay before making it public for everyone to join.

EDIT: 3.500 MESSAGES YEAAAAH!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
It's funny. Persona is probably the last remaining franchise I'm a fan of that wasn't in Smash... now all that's left is Banjo...

HMMMMMM...

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
I know jack **** about Persona, but congratulations! I might actually try to pick Persona 5 up and play it to get properly hyped for Joker

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations, Jokerbros! This was completely out of the blue and, even though I have never personally dabbled into the Persona series myself (maybe I should if 5 gets ported to Switch), it was a VERY pleasant surprise! I am still hoping with all my heart for Banjo since my other top two were deconfirmed, but if this Fighters Pass is full of great surprise characters like this instead then I have very little reason to complain overall. Once again, congrats!

Last edited:
Top Bottom